WOC - Fastpass

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Because of crowds and the newness of Fantasmic returning, I have switched my original plans to include Fantasmic Dining package. Our booked dining also includes a character meal and Cafe Orleans.

Is WOC FastPass still a good option or do we need the dining package? From what I've read you need to arrive at least 1hr in advance anyways for both to get a good spot.

From my calculations we could include also WOC Dining for an total net extra of $72 if we drop Cafe Orleans (but this place looks great so not sure I want to drop this restaurant).

For those that have been, if you get WOC FP, then
  1. Where do you find the best spot is to stand (location and FP color)? The shortest in my group is around 4 ft 8 " (my daughter)
  2. How early do you line up?
  3. Do you find FP a good option or do you think dining option is better? (dessert package is out of the budget)

Last edited:
Because of crowds and the newness of Fantasmic returning, I have switched my original plans to include Fantasmic Dining package. Our booked dining also includes a character meal and Cafe Orleans.

Is WOC FastPass still a good option or do we need the dining package? From what I've read you need to arrive at least 1hr in advance anyways for both to get a good spot.

From my calculations we could include also WOC Dining for an total net extra of $72 if we drop Cafe Orleans (but this place looks great so not sure I want to drop this restaurant).

For those that have been, if you get WOC FP, then
  1. Where do you find the best spot is to stand (location and FP color)? The shortest in my group is around 4 ft 8 " (my daughter)
  2. How early do you line up?
  3. Do you find FP a good option or do you think dining option is better? (dessert package is out of the budget)
Go to the second WOC showing and show up 30-45 minutes early. You'll be fine.

I think the WoC Superthread on this forum has a lot of good info on this. I have only seen WoC a few times (all at the 1st showing of the night), but in general the line typically starts building about 90 minutes prior to the show starting. I would highly recommend being up against a rail, especially with little ones, to watch the show. Otherwise you risk them being behind taller people and not seeing the show. I believe the thread I mentioned above has a map of the best WoC viewing locations (though it may be in a different thread), so I would use that as a guide on where to stand.

Yeah thanks. Unfortunately I think the picture is gone...and trying to figure out if blue fastpass or yellow fastpass is better. It does have some good very good info though.

FP is fine. Yes you will have to get there at least an hour before the show, this is especially true if you a have child or short adult in your group.

Yeah thanks. Unfortunately I think the picture is gone...and trying to figure out if blue fastpass or yellow fastpass is better. It does have some good very good info though.
Pictures fixed. Looks like others can see them now!

Both the blue and yellow FP areas have good (and bad) viewing. This is also true of the Dining Package FP areas. Get your WOC FPs first so you know which color area you'll be in. Then go scope out the area well before the show. When it is time to go in to your area, head right to the spots you know you want. If you want a fully immersive experience, head for the wet zone in the yellow section. Depending on the wind direction, you could get soaked -- or not. But the view will be amazing.

Thanks...I see HydroGuy's photo which really helps. Not sure if blue or yellow is better but I guess based on which one we pull (probably blue as we'll be there first thing in the morning), we'll aim for the star sections.

One question about the blue...are the railing seats on the bridge not too much of a side view? It is marked as 'good'.

We have seen WOC probably seven times with just a regular FP. Our favorite section is yellow, but there are good blue spots as well. Our favorite spot in yellow is to stand is at the railing just one up from behind the wet zone, as close to the middle as possible. We haven't seen the show since 2015, so I'm not sure how early to get there now.

I'm editing because I just saw your question. We've seen it twice from the bridge. It is quite a bit of an angle. It's not terrible, but not great.

I'm just adding another post about the bridge. It's pretty hard to see the projections on the water well from the bridge. It's not a great angle. If you've seen the show before it's not so bad but if it's your one and only time I would try to see it from a different spot.

... One question about the blue...are the railing seats on the bridge not too much of a side view? It is marked as 'good'.

There are sections in Blue that are not on the bridge. Try going more toward the Little Mermaid ride -- look for the fire hydrant area. There are good views from there. Also, just to clarify, there are no seats for WOC viewing except for the Dessert Party, VIP, and HC viewing areas.

Thanks for the replies. Good to know there are good FastPass spots. Appreciate the feedback about the rail. Maybe we should try for yellow FastPass then. Seems like there are more central spots there. The wet zone isn't my first pick but our kids would probably love those seats.

I'm just adding another post about the bridge. It's pretty hard to see the projections on the water well from the bridge. It's not a great angle. If you've seen the show before it's not so bad but if it's your one and only time I would try to see it from a different spot.
I have never watched from the bridge. The best thing about it as I have heard is that there are a lot of unobstructed viewing spots. That is why I rate it is "good". The viewing angle is not great but it is better than the other more central locations if you have people in front of you. What I am saying is IMO a "not that great" unobstructed viewing spot is better than any other obstructed viewing spot. Especially for kids and adults who are not on the tall side.

:wizard:

Thank you. We'll keep the bridge in mind then. When we come (end of August) it is only playing once at night and it is the only night time show on the two nights that we would see it. Thus, I anticipate it to be busy . Then again, nothing stopping us from trying both nighrs with different spots.

I have never watched from the bridge. The best thing about it as I have heard is that there are a lot of unobstructed viewing spots. That is why I rate it is "good". The viewing angle is not great but it is better than the other more central locations if you have people in front of you. What I am saying is IMO a "not that great" unobstructed viewing spot is better than any other obstructed viewing spot. Especially for kids and adults who are not on the tall side.

:wizard:
I would mostly agree with this. With the mostly being how obstructed the obstructed view is. A little back from the rail can be not too bad. It all depends. That's what makes these shows so hard to plan! The reason we watched from the bridge was for this very reason. We didn't want to spend a lot of time to get a rail spot front and center, and had seen the show before. But the projections weren't great from there. Unfortunately it's a hard show to see for short people or people with kids. There are trade offs. I would call the bridge view decent. I don't think we are that far apart in our views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter