Wogging while pregnant. Lindsay's Journal

Lindsay22

DIS Veteran
First, a little background about me:
I'm 27. Got married in April and I'm just about 5 months pregnant with a girl who, for now, we are calling "Spike". She'll have a real name when she's born.

I ran the half in Jan and the Princess half in March. Then ran the 13k in Oct. (I was about 3 1/2 months then). The first 4ish months were just awful. My nausea was controllable, but my exhaustion was NOT. I wasn't prepared for the fact that I wouldn't be able to physically get out of bed. I practically stopped wogging (which really made the 13k hard for me. I hated it. Normally I'm a back of the pack wogger anyway, and that's fine... but this time, when I finished, there was no one with me. I was all alone and I didn't like that. I like to feel like I wasn't the last person, and I didn't feel like that?)

I will be the first person to say that I don't like being pregnant. (Please don't flame me... ) I don't like the way I look and I've been having a really hard time with that. I'm thin, my wedding dress was a size two. And I'm having a very hard time seeing my waist grow and I *know* that it isn't fat... but still. It looks like fat. And I think I'm having a nervous breakdown. My DH and Dsis (you may have seen her over on the wedding board... in fact you may have seen me over there too...) both told me I need to start wogging again. My hours have changed at work so I'm not getting home until after dark so I haven't wogged since the 13K.

I need to get back to my fitness routine and I need people to hold me accountable. That is where you guys come in. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has nagged at me because from the very beginning I said that I planned to continue wogging throughout my pregnancy. I have heard everything from "You'll never be able to do it" to "You absolutely shouldn't be doing this" to "Your job now is to sit on the couch and eat Bon Bons.". Um no. I have no intention of getting fat. I have confirmed with my dr that running is not only okay, but they encourage it. They even told me that I could wogg the full in Jan (but I'm not going to do that because I don't think I can get up to 26.2 safely). I do plan to wogg the half in March assuming I don't have any complications with Spike.

So. Yesterday I walked (no running or jogging at all) about a mile and a half. I wore one of my old running skirts (my sister is getting me the maternity running skirt for christmas) and one of my cotton maternity tanks. I looked for maternity activewear tops, but they are soooo expensive. So the cotton tank will have to do. I felt okay afterwards. A little tired, but alright.

Tonight I plan to do wii fit yoga. Tomorrow I plan to go to the gym after work and do 2 miles on the treadmill.

Thanks for listening. I know it's weird to have a person that freely admits to not like being pregnant...

i think that going to the gym after work is a great idea. it won't take long to get a quick 2 miles in and you'll still be home in time for dinner.

Yesterday I did 20 minutes on the wii fit. I hula hooped (that's really hard!!) and did yoga. I tried to do the obstacle course but that just didn't happen...

My gym things are in the car and I'll go there after work.

Yesterday I walked 2 miles on the TM. I get soooo bored on the TM. And I felt like everyone was looking at me in the gym. I'm sure they weren't, but I felt it.

Erin- The obstacle course is in the training plus section, I think. I'll look for it tonight and let you know.

I do not plan to exercise tonight. I need to address my christmas cards.

This weekend we went to MGM, parked at Boardwalk and walked to MGM and then all around the park and walked back. It was nice to get out and walk (but it was cold, which didn't overjoy me)

Yesterday I did 30 minutes of wii fit. I excelled at hula hooping. Did some strength training (pushups were hard! especially because the cat kept walking all over the board.) And then did the running course. It was weird running in place but I think it was okay.

I will not be going to the gym tonight. I will probably wii fit again.

I seriously need to break out my Wii Fit again. Seeing you write about it makes me want to play. The hula hooping is definitely my fave!

I hear you on the treadmill. I get sooo bored doing stuff like that, which is why I hardly ever use my elliptical. Watching tv or listening to my iPod only entertains me for so long and then I just give up.

Lindsay - I did not enjoy being pregnant either. I can assure you that I never "glowed." I have no desire to be pregnant again, but I didn't think the actual giving birth was so bad. So maybe you'll have an easy labor. You can hope at least. ;)
Keeping active is really great - so kudos to you for starting this journal and making the effort. I walked or did the elliptical a minimum of 3x a week up until giving birth. (I wasn't a runner or a jogger back then.) But I still gained a lot of weight and retained a lot of water. It was hard to see myself so big and bloated. The upside is that this has an end, and after Spike is born, you can get back to wogging and your old clothes.
Pregnancy is hard - some women enjoy it, but if you don't, it's okay. If you weren't pregnant and felt nauseous and exhausted all the time, people wouldn't expect you to be happy about it. :hug:

Thank you PrincessBride. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there... someone at work looked at me today and said "Oh my god you've gotten HUGE!" and then got insulted when I replied back with "Well that's just what every person wants to hear"

I have officially signed up for the Princess. I wogged 4 miles on Sunday, but my shoes were so old that they started giving me shin splints, so I went out and bought new running shoes. They are CUTE and I can't wait to wear them!

I'm in the process of picking out my race outfit. Obviously I'll be wearing my materinity running skirt, I just need to figure out a shirt. I might make a shirt with a saying, I haven't decided. I also think I need to get a long sleeved hoodie or something for the start of the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter