Wolf Gang Pucks/DP/Set the record straight

Evans Family

Disney Crazy
Ok...Ive read some comments on the staff not being too friendly and hating the dining plan. Also, some items have a surcharge?

Can someone set the record straight? What can/can't you order? Can you make ADR's? and do they really treat you like dirt if you are on the dining plan?

Thanks for the info.

You might want to check out the Dining Plan forum, itself. I'm sure I've seen this question answered already (though my memory is kinda iffy -- I think I remember that they only get tipped on a certain amount, not your entire bill -- like I said, check out the Dining Plan board, and use the Search there... you'll get your answer right away I'm sure.)

I dined at Wolfgang Puck's on the dining plan in January. We weren't told that anything on the menu had a surcharge, our waiter told us we could order whatever we wanted. The food was fabulous...I mean really, really good. As for our waiter...well...when he was there he was great, but he wasn't there a whole lot. We actually didn't get our bread until AFTER our entrees came out and then after our entrees were taken away we waited nearly a half hour for him to come back and take our dessert order. I saw him pay much more attention to the tables around us who didn't seem to be on the dining plan. Maybe it was just an off night, I'm not sure. Would I go back again? Yes, but for the delicious food, and I'd hope for a better server.

Have a wonderful trip!

caitann24 said:
I dined at Wolfgang Puck's on the dining plan in January. We weren't told that anything on the menu had a surcharge, our waiter told us we could order whatever we wanted. The food was fabulous...I mean really, really good. As for our waiter...well...when he was there he was great, but he wasn't there a whole lot. We actually didn't get our bread until AFTER our entrees came out and then after our entrees were taken away we waited nearly a half hour for him to come back and take our dessert order. I saw him pay much more attention to the tables around us who didn't seem to be on the dining plan. Maybe it was just an off night, I'm not sure. Would I go back again? Yes, but for the delicious food, and I'd hope for a better server.

Have a wonderful trip!

I had almost the same experience as you, our meal took over two hours just basically waiting, I remember we were going to catch a movie right after our dinner there, but we missed it and almost our second choice by the time we were done. I think our waiter was way too busy, he had too many tables, by complaint though is that when he was at a table right beside us, he didn't just turn around and ask if we needed anything else or if we were done etc etc. The table beside us also didn't get their bread until their entree came out, and they actually had to request getting the bread. The people beside us actually started a converstion with us cause of the bad service we were both experiencing. The people who were at the other table were not on the dining plan so I think the bad service was just spread out. lol.

We were also on the dining plan, our waiter told us we can order anything, but anything over $29 for the entree we had to pay the difference, but really you have lots of choices as I really didn't see that many options over $29 and you only pay the difference in price. Oh and can I just say their carrot cake was to die for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter