Women-any over the counter testosterone

happily single

Left foot first!
I plan on calling my doctor this week, but a recent thread on GYN procedures got me thinking. A lot of perimenopausal and menopausal women are low in testertone. Has anyone found anything over the counter that works? I’m open to a prescription as well.

saving all the details to myself as this is the Dis, but as I enter perimenopause…things are not the same as they were two years ago!

If your doc prescribes it, it will probably be a cream, and you'll probably have ro go to a compounding pharmacy to get it made up.

I plan on calling my doctor this week, but a recent thread on GYN procedures got me thinking. A lot of perimenopausal and menopausal women are low in testertone. Has anyone found anything over the counter that works? I’m open to a prescription as well.

saving all the details to myself as this is the Dis, but as I enter perimenopause…things are not the same as they were two years ago!

YES, contacting your Dr. is advisable but also, please research further

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/24897-low-testosterone-in-women

There is no OTC version of testosterone therapy.

You do not want to undertake any kind of hormone manipulation on your own anyway. This is something that needs to be fully worked up and overseen by an MD. You can have serious adverse events if you mess with your hormone levels yourself, and it is even a risk when you are doing so under medical supervision. It's not something to take lightly.

Just be careful and do some research-I have read that's it's helpful for women who suffer from low sex drive but it can have bad side effects. Definitely do not take the injectable pellets, have heard horror stories about that. It can cause permanent deepening of the voice, severe acne and hair loss. Being newly post menopausal, I am taking HRT-transdermal estrogen patch and micronized progesterone. I have no plans to add testosterone though. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter