• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Women threw hot burrito bowl....

I mean zero disrespect because @tvguy there is absolutely no question you keep things interesting on here, but please fly out to Parma and be a customer for this woman when she has to do her part time work at fast food. Start a debate on anything you feel is worth starting a debate on. Just keep being steadfast.

Seriously, from the bottom of my heart I truly mean no harm. But the merry go round we ride sometimes is worth sharing. :)

Idk what she does for work, but she’s 39 and a mother of four. It would be interesting to find out.

We all have frustrations at work and while out and about. What we do about it is the question.

They apparently tried to fix her order twice before she hurled the bowl. The girl who was hit was the manager. She was protecting a 17yr old employee who was the first to get yelled at by this lady.

The manager was hit with this bowl that was hot, at 200 degrees. It left a red mark on her face. She has since had to leave that job and has had anxiety. It is upsetting to have something like this happen to you, whether it’s a bowl of food or something more harmful. Just the fact that someone disrespected you and the process that much, and wondering what else could’ve happened, etc.

In case anyone says she should have thicker skin, I think something like this happening to you sort of changes your perspective on a lot of things - I think we used to call it ‘loss of innocence’.

I don't understand this part. At any Chipotle I've been to, the "bowl" is cardboard/tinfoil, so the bowl itself never gets hot and I've never had contents that even approached 200 degrees. What was being done at this Chipotle to get a 200-degree bowl?

I don't understand this part. At any Chipotle I've been to, the "bowl" is cardboard/tinfoil, so the bowl itself never gets hot and I've never had contents that even approached 200 degrees. What was being done at this Chipotle to get a 200-degree bowl?

The meat should come from a steam tray and it was supposedly freshly prepared where it barely lost any heat. I suspect that "200 degrees" was a bit of hyperbole. However, if it was reasonably hot, it could have cause her skin to turn red from the heat.

Lol. I have never eaten at Chipotle (but love Moe’s) so I can’t say exactly, either. My guess is that since Chipotle has had so many [illness] lawsuits that managers know their food temps pretty well, and that something in that bowl - not the bowl itself - was 200 degrees; likely the “protein”.

Quote attributed to the victim, found from many sources.

Russell, speaking with The Washington Post this week, said she had to complete her four-hour shift with food on her face and in her hair because no one was able to relieve her. The food was around 200 degrees and she went to the emergency room once her shift ended.

What I find interesting about this case is that the women had food thrown in her face. That is not cool but do you have any idea what public school teachers have done to them on a daily basis. Within the past 2 weeks I have been punched, pushed and had an ice ball thrown at me. During my 29 years I have been hit more times that I can count. The kicker was when a student threw a metal garbage can intending to hit another student and hit me instead. I was told it was my fault because I was in the way. Teachers are assaulted daily and nothing is happening but lets get this women her day in court.

It has been a rough month of December and I still have 2 more weeks until break. Send your positive thoughts.

What I find interesting about this case is that the women had food thrown in her face. That is not cool but do you have any idea what public school teachers have done to them on a daily basis. Within the past 2 weeks I have been punched, pushed and had an ice ball thrown at me. During my 29 years I have been hit more times that I can count. The kicker was when a student threw a metal garbage can intending to hit another student and hit me instead. I was told it was my fault because I was in the way. Teachers are assaulted daily and nothing is happening but lets get this women her day in court.

It has been a rough month of December and I still have 2 more weeks until break. Send your positive thoughts.
Thanks for your hard work teaching, sending positive thoughts your way.:wizard:

Lol. I have never eaten at Chipotle (but love Moe’s) so I can’t say exactly, either. My guess is that since Chipotle has had so many [illness] lawsuits that managers know their food temps pretty well, and that something in that bowl - not the bowl itself - was 200 degrees; likely the “protein”.

Quote attributed to the victim, found from many sources.

Russell, speaking with The Washington Post this week, said she had to complete her four-hour shift with food on her face and in her hair because no one was able to relieve her. The food was around 200 degrees and she went to the emergency room once her shift ended.
Former restaurant manager, you're required to temp the food every two hours. They know what the temp of the table was, but that food was not 200°. I would have stopped serving and closed the store down while dealing with the police and ambulance. If I've got burns on my face, they're transporting me right now. My General Manager or District Manager can come take care of the store. Fire me, I dare you.

Former restaurant manager, you're required to temp the food every two hours. They know what the temp of the table was, but that food was not 200°. I would have stopped serving and closed the store down while dealing with the police and ambulance. If I've got burns on my face, they're transporting me right now. My General Manager or District Manager can come take care of the store. Fire me, I dare you.
I have family in food, too, and I was thinking that 200 was high, as well, but who knows. Maybe she rounded up. :laughing:

I think you’re right about shutting it down, but this person may not have realized that was an option. I’m assuming we’ll be hearing about a forthcoming lawsuit now that word is out and people will presumably be reaching out to her to advise her of such.

The same can be said of nurses, police and security, retail, and many other workers. My son was recently forcefully kicked in the temple resulting in concussion, then the following week assaulted by a man just out of jail the day before who put five officers in the ER that night with various injuries. The public is becoming more and more violent, and daily, people are subjected to attacks. Most, we don’t hear about. I think that’s why this case made news - because a judge actually handed down a reasonable sentence for this crime. Sad that it has come to that. It seems we’re becoming complacent.

I work with nurses who don’t always file reports when they’re assaulted. (A whole other subject.) When they don’t, the powers that be don’t have accurate information on violence in the workplace, nor does the public. My most recent assault was by a man who was yelling at me in Russian. As I was preparing his medication, he came up and shoved me. I went through the process of calling security and filing a report, etc. I was later contacted by our hospital’s security department asking if I was ok, and letting me know I could file assault charges against the man if I wanted to. The only thing my managers asked me was why I’d not mentioned we’d had a security code when they‘d rounded hours later, not how I was. Is it any wonder people are leaving some of these careers in droves?

I would say both are equally disturbing wouldn't you think? But they are two separate situations.

Remarking that one adult woman was charged with assault when you've been assaulted, by minors I might add as IIRC it's younger kids you deal with (which is important from a legal standpoint), does not somehow make hers less important or yours less important either but they are different. One is the legal system, one is policy rules.

I assume your district has a code of conduct correct? So if you've been intentionally punched in the district that my house is in that would be a Class III Offense which requires law enforcement to be called IF there is a determination of potential criminal conduct. For elementary ages students a Class III Offense does not carry a consequence of expulsion but can carry ISS, short and long term OSS. A 6 year old punching a staff member is not acceptable but is unlikely to have action that rises to criminal conduct in I mean purely guessing but probably all jurisdictions because they are 6.

I guess if you want you could take your school district to court if you feel they are lapsing in adherence to their own rules. That's happened here and some parents have won albeit most were related to legally protected things like IEP or 504 failures.

You can go on YouTube and find dozens if not hundreds of similar fast food customer vs. worker videos. It’s pretty sad.
yep. A guy working at McDonalds was shot dead in Brooklyn last year over cold french fries. Another guy last year shot dead in Atlanta over too much mayo on a Subway sandwich.

Insane.

I love the judge's offer to reduce her sentence if she works some fast food shifts.

I kind of don't like this though.
1. Who wants to be served by this idiot?
2. Who wants to work with this idiot?
3. It feels really insulting to the other workers, like, here you are doing your job and this person is doing it as a JAIL SENTENCE - yes, feel good about yourself lol.

In my company of 1000+ locations, an incident like this seems to happen somewhere on an almost weekly basis.

I love the judge's offer to reduce her sentence if she works some fast food shifts.
It's an interesting offer to be sure but I don't think I'd hire her. If she's willing to throw food at people as a customer, is she willing to tamper with their food as an employee? Usually the same people that make bad customers make bad employees too.

Again, why was Court necessary if the DA and the Defendant agreed on the what punishment was?
Because unlike China, where the cops just hand out punishments for lesser crimes and only the major ones go to court, our constitution does not allow for administrative punishment. Here, one has to actually go before the court to make the plea. And the judge will ask questions to ensure that you're doing it of your own free will and that you understand the ramifications of doing so.

Last edited:
I kind of don't like this though.
1. Who wants to be served by this idiot?
2. Who wants to work with this idiot?
3. It feels really insulting to the other workers, like, here you are doing your job and this person is doing it as a JAIL SENTENCE - yes, feel good about yourself lol.
Your points are well-taken Skywalker. As a counter, if I may...
1. No one is going to know who this person is, and I would hope this person would be on their best behavior to avoid having the judge reverse the decision and serve the full sentence in jail.
2. I don't think fellow employees would need to know the whole story of why she is there.
3. If the co-workers don't know who this person is or why they are working there, it's a moot point.
However you have a salient point about the morale of co-workers. That would, indeed, be a shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter