Women's College Softball

The Teams have been announced for the Women's College Softball Tournament.

AKA The University Of Oklahoma Invitational. :)

Norman Regional
  1. Oklahoma (1)
  2. Missouri
  3. California
  4. Hofstra

Los Angeles Regional

1. UCLA (2)
  2. San Diego State
  3. Liberty
  4. Grand Canyon

Tallahassee Regional

1. Florida State (3)
  2. UCF
  3. South Carolina
  4. Marist

Knoxville Regional

1. Tennessee (4)
  2. Louisville
  3. Indiana
  4. Northern Kentucky

Tuscaloosa Regional

1. Alabama (5)
  2. Middle Tennessee
  3. Central Arkansas
  4. LIU

Stillwater Regional

1. Oklahoma State (6)
  2. Nebraska
  3. Wichita State
  4. UMBC

Seattle Regional

1. Washington (7)
  2. McNeese
  3. Minnesota
  4. Northern Colorado

Durham Regional

1. Duke (8)
  2. Campbell
  3. Charlotte
  4. George Mason

Stanford Regional

1. Stanford (9)
  2. Loyola Marymount
  3. Florida
  4. Long Beach State

Baton Rouge Regional​

1. LSU (10)
  2. Omaha
  3. Louisiana
  4. Prairie View

Fayetteville Regional​

1. Arkansas (11)
  2. Notre Dame
  3. Oregon
  4. Harvard

Evanston Regional

1. Northwestern (12)
  2. Miami (Ohio)
  3. Kentucky
  4. Eastern Illinois

Austin Regional

1. Texas (13)
  2. Texas State
  3. Texas A&M
  4. Seton Hall

Athens Regional

1. Georgia (14)
  2. Boston University
  3. Virginia Tech
  4. N.C. Central

Salt Lake City Regional

1. Utah (15)
  2. Ole Miss
  3. Baylor
  4. Southern Illinois

Clemson Regional

1. Clemson (16)
  2. Cal State Fullerton
  3. Auburn
  4. UNC Greensboro

as a Tennessee alum I am pulling for my lady Vols.
Tennessee is looking really strong and has an excellent shot at making the Women's College World Series.

But every Game is big in the Tournament-Teams have to come ready to play EVERY Game.

Indiana could be tough-they have a BIG Time Player in Taryn Kern.

With the Season winding down and Post-Season looming,does ANYBODY have a chance challenging Oklahoma or should they just go ahead and hand Paty Gasso the Trophy?lol
I bet the Boston Bruins wished they had just given them the trophy for the NHL title, as no one thought they would lose this year!!! So yes, they need to win it on the field....

I bet the Boston Bruins wished they had just given them the trophy for the NHL title, as no one thought they would lose this year!!! So yes, they need to win it on the field....
No doubt and I don't want them to win it again.

They have won enough for a while.

And it really irritates me that they get a "Home Field Advantage" every year in the Women's College World Series.

BUT,if I had to choose Oklahoma or The Field,I would take Oklahoma without a second thought-they are that good.

Looks like Alabama got some good news in regard to their All-American Pitcher Montana Fouts.

Her hyper-extended knee is not as bad as first thought and there is a chance she could participate some.

I think the best case scenario for Alabama would be to try to win the Regional without her and then see if she can contribute some in the Super Regional.

Will be an interesting story line to follow.

Interesting first day.

Oklahoma did what Oklahoma does,but Number 2 Seed UCLA went down in a HUGE upset to Grand Canyon University.

Probably a LONG night for the Bruins.

Last edited:
I really felt for the McNeese Cowgirls as they blew a SIX RUN LEAD to #7 Seed Washington in the 7th Inning!

It would have been the Cowgirls first ever trip to the Super Regionals.

Per ESPN Stats and Info, teams were 5-903 all-time (0.55%) in the NCAA tournament when trailing by 6+ runs and no team had ever won a game when trailing by 6 going into the final inning.

This Oklahoma vs Clemson game is amazing to watch! Two good teams giving it their all.

This Oklahoma vs Clemson game is amazing to watch! Two good teams giving it their all.
Hope I am wrong but I think Clemson lost when Cagle couldn't end it in the 7th.

You can't let Oklahoma off the mat like that.

Agree about OK. The battle continues, they are into the bottom of the 8th.

Well,of course,Oklahoma went on to beat Clemson after Clemson didn't finish them off when they had the chance.

But maybe that leaves some hope that Oklahoma will not completely dominate the Women's College World Series.

I am disappointed that only 2 of the Super Regionals are going to Game 3-Game 3s are so exciting!

Hopefully San Diego State will give Utah a good Game and maybe even win it.

Alabama and Northwestern should be exciting-Montana Fouts and her continuing recovery from injury will be a major storyline in OKC if Alabama wins today.

She looked really good in relief last night-8 up and 8 down.

as a Tennessee alum I am pulling for my lady Vols.
Tennessee V. Alabama at 11:00 AM to kick off the 2023 Women's College World Series!!!!

Many are picking Tennessee and Oklahoma to face off in the Championship Series!

Next game Oklahoma State vs Florida State is supposed to start in about 10 minutes. They have been in a weather delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter