womens steel toe shoes

fluffykalie

Mouseketeer
so my work has decided that all store employees need to have steel toe shoes. they need to meet osha standards. since its my first time buying a pair Im wondering if any disers wear them for work and can suggest a pair. confort matters more then cost but would like to stay under $100.

I'm assuming you came to the DIS for Personal Opinions, so I will give you mine :)

I have what is similar to this, but have had them for about 13 years and they don't carry the make anymore. They are great and really hold up well. Very comfortable, but took about a month to break in (mostly heel blister...my fault for not protecting it, I knew better).

http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?c=1106592&productId=4208637&prodFindSrc=paramNav

This is a man's boot, but they have different styles too, I'm not sure how girly you want them or if they are just for work so style not an issue. Just size down to adjust (I am an 8.5, but a 7 in men's). I'd check out some out in stores first of course!

http://shop.timberland.com/search/index.jsp?page=1&size=33&sort=&keywords=steel

You can get them sometimes at Marshall's, TJMaxx, Amazon, etc for a lot less than the Timberland site.

ETA: I just realized you said shoes. I gave you boots, but they do have a few shoes also.

I have a pair of women's steel toed shoes. I work in an the offices - but anytime I go into the production area - steel toed shoes, hard hat and safety glasses are a must. I wish we could have the "tennis-shoe" style, but our safety director does not allow those. Too many people used to wear just tennis shoes then instead of safety-tennis shoes, so they got banned.

Our company actually has a shoe-mobile that makes 2 stops a year to our location, and they sell safety shoes. They had about 10-15 options for women's shoes. I was pretty impressed. My company pays up to $130 every year for each employee to get safety shoes. Mine are super comfortable for the short periods of time I need to wear them. And - they are slip-ons, instead of "tied" ones, which for me is nice. It is quick to slip them on and off.

Red Wing makes women's safety shoes - in a variety of styles.

Back to the truck-store. They had a wide variety of styles, and a broad range of sizes. And - They offered a discount. So - perhaps you could suggest to your management that they find a shoe mobile in your area. Benefit - this would happen during work hours, and would save a ton of time trying to find a pair you like, that fit and are comfortable. Yes - you can find some for $100 a pair.

Not sure how long you have to be on your feet, but wal-mart sells them for around $25 a pair.

They even carry them at Walmart anymore. I had a difficult time finding them in the early 80's when I needed a pair for work. I think SEARs has them in stock too.

Not sure how long you have to be on your feet, but wal-mart sells them for around $25 a pair.

::yes::

When I had to wear them for work they were around $25 at Wal-Mart, & pretty comfortable.

Where I work at now, they pay for the shoes, but I'm not allowed to go to Wal-Mart, I can only go to Haye's Shoes. The difference is they pay for the shoes- but I don't like the selection or prices at Haye's. Depending on what is required of your work, check out both if you have them in your area.

Funny you should ask this today because I just bought DD a pair of steel toe work boots at Walmart today. Paid $38 they are waterproof too. DD wore them tonight where she had to go so I don't know yet if they are comfortable.

I have a pair that I got at walmart (think I bought mens) that are steel toed and waterproof as well. I use them for when we go fossil hunting and they are very comfortable considering how much walking we do sometimes on various surfaces and have held up very well too.

I bought a pair of Keen's that I love. Comfortable and look like normal tennis shoes. Sort of expensive normally but got them on sale for $30.

I always buy them at Wal-Mart and the men's...usually more of a selection and least expensive than the women's.

My husband used to buy the cheap ones from Wal-Mart. No longer. He needs better, more supportive shoes. The best ones he has used over the years were Dr. Martens safety toe shoes, followed by Red Wing brand.

so my work has decided that all store employees need to have steel toe shoes. they need to meet osha standards. since its my first time buying a pair Im wondering if any disers wear them for work and can suggest a pair. confort matters more then cost but would like to stay under $100.

I got mine at Farm & Fleet. I assume that most farm supply stores carry them. I *think* that mine are Red Wing brand. They're heavy, but I try to think of it as extra aerobic activity. :yay:

I vote for Skechers. They re very comfortable. I have timberland clog like ones too. I prefer the Skechers.

We have to wear steel toed at work also. Nautilus and Keen are the best. Expensive, but if you are on your feet for long periods of time, they are great!

I wear troentorp picasso clogs and they last me about 2 years. The run $145.00 a pair but I have been able to find them for much less on ebay and online. Plus they look good with business clothes as well as a pair of jeans. Try this website:
https://superiorclogs.com/node/43

Had to wear them for work, after a 8+ hour shift you need the most comfortable ones you can find!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter