won the resort photo category!!

connorsmom911

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

I just wanted to post and say how absolutely thrilled I am!!!! :woohoo: I never expected to win as I only entered a couple of pictures that I thought were worthy of the contest considering the sheer number of fabulous photos I saw and voted on.

I called and left a message on the feedback line with my name, phone number and e-mail address...hope that was what was needed. I could only listen to a bit of the podcast as I am at work right now and I don't think I was paying that close attention while doing my happy dance:yay:

OMG, I am so excited about winning the $100 Disney GC!!! You'd think I'd won the cruise listening to me squealing with delight!! It will come in very handy on my first solo trip in May to meet some of my DIS board friends!!!:dance3:

Some background on the photo...obviously it was taken at Coronado Springs, in September 2004. It was my son Connor's first trip to the "world", a spontaneous trip that started out with my sister attending a nursing convention at CS. My mom, who was my babysitter at the time, decided she was going too, and since that meant both my babysitters were not going to be around and I'd have to take the time off work anyway, they convinced me that Connor and I might as well go too. Well then both my dad and my then-husband decided they weren't going to be left behind so we all went as one big happy "grand" family! The trip wound up being terrific after starting a bit chaotic...we were the first plane back into Orlando after hurricane Jeanne hit the day before. This photo was taken on our last night, just as we were finishing up our last swim at the Cabanas quiet pool. I balanced my mom's camera on the trash can in order not to use the flash. I snapped a bunch of pictures to get that perfect one of the sunset, the beach and the hammock...guess it was more perfect than I ever imagined!!!

Pete, I'm so glad the picture brought back such wonderful memories for you too. I'll be getting this picture enlarged to an 8x10 and framing it for my wall for my future inspiration. You have no idea how awesome this is for me right now at this particular point in my life.

Thanks again!!!!!! I am a forever podcast fan now for sure!!!!

Congratulations!!! Beautiful Picture!!:thumbsup2

Kimba

I loved that picture. I had also submitted a Coronado Springs photo, but yours was better by far. Enjoy your prize!

It was a great pix. Congrats on the win!! :thumbsup2

ICE cream maker, not blender.:snooty:

Aw... crap. What was I thinking? NOW I understand Oscar's thread...

Long week so far... guess I had my head up my Aston Martin (checking the oil filter- *ahem*).

I have a lovely coffee ice cream recipe here somewhere....For your machine...

Of course, now I HAVE to bring a blender (and extension cords) on the cruise. Homemade ice cream frozen Daiquiris... (Shirley Temples for KK...)

Aw... crap. What was I thinking? NOW I understand Oscar's thread...

Long week so far... guess I had my head up my Aston Martin (checking the oil filter- *ahem*).

I have a lovely coffee ice cream recipe here somewhere....For your machine...

Of course, now I HAVE to bring a blender (and extension cords) on the cruise. Homemade ice cream frozen Daiquiris... (Shirley Temples for KK...)
I just heard some very bad news about those daiquiris, kiddo...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1758577

pirate: WARNING: THREAD HIJACKING IN PROGRESS!! :laughing: pirate:

I just heard some very bad news about those daiquiris, kiddo...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1758577

I saw that, too. We're going to have devise some other method of smuggling the rum onboard.

OK.... stopping to breathe.... Maybe those little airline portions...Yeah... Less than 3oz... Like a thousand of 'em.... OK....Parachutes. Marshall Plan... I can pull this off.... OK.... I'll have my left leg amputated and fill the pegleg with rum. Worked for the original pirates...

Now we can REALLY ask - But where has all the rum gone?!?

And hey - Mindy - I'm probably missing the point here, but someone in that thread posts as *n*l *nnie??!?!? :eek:
pirate: btw... congrats again to Tracey (OP) for winning ;)

Hey all,

I just wanted to post and say how absolutely thrilled I am!!!! :woohoo: I never expected to win as I only entered a couple of pictures that I thought were worthy of the contest considering the sheer number of fabulous photos I saw and voted on.

I called and left a message on the feedback line with my name, phone number and e-mail address...hope that was what was needed. I could only listen to a bit of the podcast as I am at work right now and I don't think I was paying that close attention while doing my happy dance:yay:

OMG, I am so excited about winning the $100 Disney GC!!! You'd think I'd won the cruise listening to me squealing with delight!! It will come in very handy on my first solo trip in May to meet some of my DIS board friends!!!:dance3:

Some background on the photo...obviously it was taken at Coronado Springs, in September 2004. It was my son Connor's first trip to the "world", a spontaneous trip that started out with my sister attending a nursing convention at CS. My mom, who was my babysitter at the time, decided she was going too, and since that meant both my babysitters were not going to be around and I'd have to take the time off work anyway, they convinced me that Connor and I might as well go too. Well then both my dad and my then-husband decided they weren't going to be left behind so we all went as one big happy "grand" family! The trip wound up being terrific after starting a bit chaotic...we were the first plane back into Orlando after hurricane Jeanne hit the day before. This photo was taken on our last night, just as we were finishing up our last swim at the Cabanas quiet pool. I balanced my mom's camera on the trash can in order not to use the flash. I snapped a bunch of pictures to get that perfect one of the sunset, the beach and the hammock...guess it was more perfect than I ever imagined!!!

Pete, I'm so glad the picture brought back such wonderful memories for you too. I'll be getting this picture enlarged to an 8x10 and framing it for my wall for my future inspiration. You have no idea how awesome this is for me right now at this particular point in my life.

Thanks again!!!!!! I am a forever podcast fan now for sure!!!!

Congrats.

How about posting a link to your picture ? :)

pirate: WARNING: THREAD HIJACKING IN PROGRESS!! :laughing: pirate:

And hey - Mindy - I'm probably missing the point here, but someone in that thread posts as *n*l *nnie??!?!? :eek:
I just choose to overlook that...don't want to give it too much thought. Kind of like the rum dilemma.

where can I see these photos
congratulations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter