• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder--10-day Vancouver to Hawaii 9/7/2015

Is the FE group going to be capped at a certain number of cabins? We may be interested, but our last cruise the FE ended up with 4 groups that were supposed to have only 20 in each group. The tough part was that even tho it was 20 "people", many people had multiple cabins... and our group ended up closer to 30 cabins :eek::eek:

I would be very interested in a meet n greet. THAT was fun to have lots at :flower3::flower3: We ended up getting them to open O'Gills (on the Magic) for our M&G. We had 74 adults and 30 kids sign up (all but 10 showed) :cheer2::cheer2: I even surprised the group with personalized name tags.

Yes the FE will be split into groups. I am looking to only have between 15 and 18 cabins per group. I am also organizing a secret Mickey exchange for people that don't have the luggage space for the FE

Hello! DH and I will be on this cruise and cannot wait! Given that it's colder than snot here in WI, just looking at the pix of Hawaii make me happy.

I am thinking about the fish extender and am wondering the difference between it and the Secret Mickey exchange. I'm a Gold Castaway and DVC member, yet haven't gotten into these before. Can you help a sister out and explain?

Also, anyone else from WI on this trip?

We are also flying and will be trying to pack lightly, so we will not have room in our luggage to participate in a FE on this cruise. Please do let us know what a secret mickey exchange is...! Thant might be fun!

The info explaining FE exchanges is in the "sticky" thread at the top of the DIS page under "DIS DCL FAQ", then scroll down to "Fish extenders". I tried to copy the direct link to the thread on the basics of FE's here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33184281&postcount=2

nancy

We are also flying and will be trying to pack lightly, so we will not have room in our luggage to participate in a FE on this cruise.

I have to admit we don't participate in FE for this reason as my luggage is always to the maximum weight limit with shopping! When we come to the States I always have to stock up on Yankee Candles and peanut butter granola bars and DH gets his Tassimo coffee pods, so no space for FE gifts as well

Hello CDNDisneyMom! I think we may have cruised on the same ship before, your photo looks familiar. Were you on the WBTA last September or did you just take care of the FE grouping but not end up cruising? I think I recall something like that happening. Anyway, I would like to join the FE group here but am again showing my "dinosaur" status - I cannot for the life of me figure out how to PM you! I have not had problems before but now....sigh! I have also requested to be added to the facebook page, don''t know if you have any control of that.
Our group is:
Linda - Mom
Laura - Adult daughter
Both - favorite character Mickey Mouse
Cabin 6514
Special request: Please - no food of any kind due to health concerns.

Do you have any thoughts as to how many will be in each group? If not, it's early.....

Looking forward to this cruise!

New to the DIS board; sailing DCL for the first time but not new to Disney as a whole. Husband has sailed Carnival and I sailed Royal Caribbean - Oasis of the Seas last year for a music ministry trip, but kids have never cruised. I've done some research on DCLs but always value others input and opinions from those who have sailed with Disney. I'm also looking for those little Disney secrets/magic they are known for. Thanks in advance....looking forward to cruising with Mickey & Friends and all of you as well!

We're cruising on the Sept 7th one. DH, myself and DS-4 (birthday while we are on the cruise!) and DD-8. I am pulling my hair out already looking at hotels and flights....what a whippin'....Anyone else coming from the Fort Worth, Texas area? PS-when do our FE groups get assigned? I've already been scouting FE ideas.

We will be flying out of DFW as well on Delta. We have a specific hotel we stay the night in the night before with free airport parking along with free shuttle to and from the airport.

Hello everyone. My wife (Ann) and I will be joining the fun. This will be our 19th Disney cruise. Sailing with friends from Georgia.

Jeff

Hello, My husband and I are joining the cruise. We were on the Panama Canal EB in 2013 and had a great time. We're really looking forward to being on the Wonder again. We're interested in a Meet and Greet and FE. We're booking Oceanview GTY.

hello everyone.first time posting on this thread. my wife and I will be on this cruise. we made our reservations on day 1 staying in a inside stateroom. after cruise staying at aulani for 8 nights in a 1 bedroom villa. dvc members. this will be our 17th disney cruise and 18th cruise. day before cruise might stay at the pan pacific hotel waiting for the price to come down. probably go to pearl harbor for excursion on cruise havent decided on the other ports, i will be renting a car. talk to u all later

So my wife and I are looking at this cruise. I'm all in and ready to book my wife is having some reservations. Does anyone know where I can find a trip report for disneys past Hawaiian cruises? Hopefully I'll be sailing with all of you in september

Not sure of where to locate the previous Hawaii trip reports, but was on the last Hawaiian cruise and loved it! Can wait to board again.

Well pending some weird act of nature today I'll be booking this cruise this afternoon. Just gotta wait a few more hours!!!!! My wife and I are very excited!!!!

I am organizing the FE for this cruise as well as for the Sept 17 Hawaii cruise. If you would like to sign up please pm me with your room number, your name, the number of adults, the number of children and their gender and age(optional) and if you want what you are celebrating. I will add you to the list and post a final list on here closer to the PIF date. Thank you. I am also wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a secret Mickey exchange?

Hi CDNDisneyMom! My husband and I just booked the September 7th, Vancouver to Hawaii cruise and would love to participate in the FE exchange. In 2011 we did the EBTA and participated in the FE exchange and loved it!

Our details:

2 adults: Joe and Michelle
We have a Verandah room on Guarantee so we will get that room number closer to cruise date.
We will be celebrating our 40th birthdays during this trip we are excited to be going!

Looking forward to meeting new people!

Michelle.

Everyone,
The organizer of the FE group for this cruise, CDNDisneyMom, is no longer planning on cruising with us. We wish her well. I have taken over the task of coordinating the FE group. I'll be checking in here every few days to make sure everyone who wants to participate in the gift exchange has a chance to join.
At 90 days before the cruise I will begin to divide the list into smaller groups of about 10 cabins per group. As you are assigned I will share the list of cabins and cruisers in your group. You can participate in multiple groups, just indicate to me how many groups you want to be a part of. We will continue to add people to the master list and assign them to groups until 30 days prior to the cruise. Approximately 7-10 days before the cruise I will post a link to a map of all the participating cabins and the group assignments.
Last minute changes to cabin assignments will be noted on a white board on my cabin door - 2017.
Let me know if you have any questions about the FE gift exchange, or about the cruise in general. I was on the October 2012 Hawaii Cruise on the Wonder and can't wait to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter