Wonder dinner attire- school aged boys?

professorandmom

My favorite girls!
I have seen so many posts about the casual, dressed down atmosphere in the restaurants on the Wonder. So, just what should I plan on for my twin 9 year olds - they really want to wear shorts (July) but I have read the suggestions by DCL. I also understand that there will be extremes of all types. But I am not interested in the tacky or tux crowd.

My daughter and I plan summer dresses and I had thought either nice khaki shorts or pants with a polo type shirt for the boys. The question: shorts or pants...would it vary by restaurant or evening?

Thanks for the help (I will point to your advice when I tell them what they will wear),
Barbara

Hi Barbara.

The question: shorts or pants...would it vary by restaurant or evening?

For evenings when long pants are called for, why not bring along thin-cotton Dockers which zipper into shorts? The kids can instantly return to shorts when dinner is over yet the DCL dress-code is enforced.

I will point to your advice when I tell them what they will wear

Hi guys! Did my best to keep the long pants short...

Disney requests no shorts in the dining room and I think by age 9 they should certainly be included in that. They can wear pants for 90 minutes or so for dinner and then change, not to much to ask for during dinner in my opinion....

OK, pants it is! And I will tell them you guys said so....I, too believe they can handle pants for the dinner hour and will survive! We do have some zip off pants but the fabric is too casual in my opinion (more like warm up pants)! So, we have nice pants and that will be terrific....thanks for the advice!
(PS - then they can zoom back to the cabin to change right after dinner)

That's what we did last year. To save a little space, I brought one pair of pants and three different shirts. As soon as dinner was over, he zoomed off to change and then to the kids club. They'll be just fine. Have fun!

Our 2 sons 14, 6 at the time both wore dockers either tan or navy and a button up shirts. The 6 year old had chosen a bunch of hawaiian type shirts to wear, just patterned not wild colors. They both fit in with what most of the other kids were wearing. Hey Dad wore the same thing. He did wear a sport jacket to Tritons but the kids ate in the clubs that night.

Part of the fun is getting dressed up.
Doesn't anyone remember the "Love Boat"? No one on that show went to dinner in shorts and t-shirts.
I know it's a vacation and it is the Carribean, but c'mon, try to make an effort to dress up at least a little. Once you taste the food, experience the restaurant atmosphere and see that everyone else is making an effort, you'll wish/want to dress accordingly. If these restaurants were located in your hometown, you would never think of dressing in shorts or t-shirts.
Anyway, HAVE FUN. Do what you feel is most appropriate or comfortable doing. It is your vacation.
Hey, I just got off Wonder last week and the same family wore the same tank tops and shorts each night. I did not see them at Triton's though but every other night it looked like they were very happy to be very comfortable on their vacation.
It didn't bother me, but you could see that it did bother some it definitely didn't bother them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter