Wonder photo packages

Party Mouse

Earning My Ears
I see that 6X8 photos cost $10 each on the Wonder unless you purchase at least a 10 photo package. Can people opt for the 10 photo package (or any photo package) at any point on the cruise or can they only buy them up front on the first day?

If I remember correctly, there is a 5, 10 and 15 photo package deal. They let you go up or down, so I purchased the 10 photo package--then bought all 10 over the cruise. You can't buy the photos, then later decide to do the package, but you could buy the package any day of the cruise--then choose your pictures.

According to the Navigator from a few months ago that is shown at www.disneycruisers.com (specifically at http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/brigham/612/w3day1.htm), there are three packages for the 3 day cruise and none are just 5 photos (have they changed that, as it would be nice - 10 for just a three night cruise seems like a lot to me). The choices back when this Navigator was given out were:

10 photos for $84.95 (dave $15)
15 photos for $119.95 (save $30)
20 photos for $149.95 (save $50)

Those are the 6X8 packages - they also have 8X10 packages, but prices for those aren't listed.

I wish they had smaller photos yet for sale as isn't it a bit tough to find a frame for a 6X8 photo? Maybe they purposely print them this size so if you get the smaller photos, you have to buy frames from them to make up the difference (in which case going with 8X10 shots might be cheaper in the end if you want to display the photos on a table at home)?

Just an FYI, there weren't any 8 x 10 photo packages available. This was on the 10/26 cruise. I asked about it and they only have 6 x 8 packages. 10 was the smallest package that I saw, but yes, you can up/down your package during the cruise (which I did) Also, as a solution for the 6 x 8 problem, you can find document frames in 6 x 8, or you can mat them and use an 8 x 10 frame. Also, if necessary, some can be cut down to 5 x 7 (if it doesn't take away from the picture.

Sue Ellen

I bought a package on our Cruise in August. The only problem we had was that we didn't have any little ones with us so we didn't get our pic taken as much and wound up getting a refund and buying the pics separate.

This will be our first Disney but I've found other lines don't take very many 6 x 8 photos. For example the smaller ones are the embarkation, the ones taken at the ports and several taken around the pool, etc. All of the family (i.e backdrop) ones were 8 x 10. Is this this case with Disney? Also, I read somewhere that the photographers will use your camera if asked. Is that correct? My DH would just die if I asked and was refused.....lol

The 6 x 8 photos are shots taken around the ship and with the characters. The 8 x 10 shots are the "professional" pictures taken with the backdrops. We ended up with a LOT of both of them. As for getting your picture taken (the 6 x 8 ones) it is hit or miss. On our first cruise we didn't have many taken at all. On our most recent cruise we had lots of pictures taken. Depends on where you are and the luck of the draw it seems. They take pictures around the pools, in the kids clubs, at the deck parties, at meals, in the lobby with the characters, etc.
We had a Crew Member take our pictures a couple of times with the characters with my camera. I never asked when we did the backdrop pictures.

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter