Wonder Stateroom 1045 or 2081 and Outlook Cafe?

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello!
Can anyone help with pros and cons on these two staterooms? We are curious about gangway/tender lobby noise for 1045 and noise from the restaurant above in 2081. Also, is there a "Meridian" type bar on the Wonder? Did they replace the enclosed area (Outlook Cafe) above the Cove Cafe with Concierge Lounge? Thank you for any and all details you can give!
Cheers!

Hello!
Can anyone help with pros and cons on these two staterooms? We are curious about gangway/tender lobby noise for 1045 and noise from the restaurant above in 2081. Also, is there a "Meridian" type bar on the Wonder? Did they replace the enclosed area (Outlook Cafe) above the Cove Cafe with Concierge Lounge? Thank you for any and all details you can give!
Cheers!
We sailed in 1043 on an Alaska cruise. We loved the location. We did not hear any noise from the tender lobby ever. The room was very quiet and there was nearly never anyone walking by. We have had many different staterooms on all the ships and this was one of our favorites.

We sailed in 1043 on an Alaska cruise. We loved the location. We did not hear any noise from the tender lobby ever. The room was very quiet and there was nearly never anyone walking by. We have had many different staterooms on all the ships and this was one of our favorites.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for replying!! THIS is VERY HELPFUL!! Another question I just thought of ... did you ever notice the engines or vibrations?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for replying!! THIS is VERY HELPFUL!! Another question I just thought of ... did you ever notice the engines or vibrations?
A little bit when docking, but not much. Our deck 7 forward stateroom on the Dream in the Med was much worse. So I think it’s just a fact of life on a ship that docking creates vibrations.

While underway there was no machine noise or vibration.

A little bit when docking, but not much. Our deck 7 forward stateroom on the Dream in the Med was much worse. So I think it’s just a fact of life on a ship that docking creates vibrations.

While underway there was no machine noise or vibration.
THANK YOU!!

We were in cabin 2592 which is under the restaurant/kitchen. It was horrible! Every night from 11pm until 2am it sounded like bowling balls being dropped on our cabin ceiling. There were no cabins across from our cabin. I thought it would be quiet. But no. That area must be some type of work station. Again every night we heard a very loud squealing/grinding of metal noise. Never heard it during the day, just late at night. I would stay away from anything in this area of the ship. On another cruise we stayed in cabin 2072 and it was very quiet. I would stay around that area again. It's more midship than 2592.

Hello!
Cheers!
Regarding the Meridian - there isn't one like that on the Wonder, but there should be a bar area inside Palo. We sat there and had drinks one night when we didn't have a Palo reservation (on the Magic). Assuming its the same on the Wonder.

The "Outlook Cafe" is definitely the Concierge Lounge now.

We've stayed 2nd deck mid-ship on the Wonder and the Magic (although on the other side and slightly more mid) and did not have restaurant noise issues.

THANK YOU! Do you know if there is an adult bar area that is similar to the Meridan? Trying to find a nice quiet place to have drinks at night!
Cove Cafe is very quiet in the evenings, especially during the dinner times and show times. We often have a nice drink or glass of wine in there....plus we enjoy all the savory nibbles that put out in the case in the evenings (sweet things during the day).

Are the cabins ocean view or insides? The only difference between the two cabins you posted if ocean views is the one on Deck 1 will have 2 smaller portholes and the one on Deck 2 will have one larger porthole if that makes a difference to you.

MJ

Regarding the Meridian - there isn't one like that on the Wonder, but there should be a bar area inside Palo. We sat there and had drinks one night when we didn't have a Palo reservation (on the Magic). Assuming its the same on the Wonder.

The "Outlook Cafe" is definitely the Concierge Lounge now.

We've stayed 2nd deck mid-ship on the Wonder and the Magic (although on the other side and slightly more mid) and did not have restaurant noise issues.
THANK YOU!!!!

Cove Cafe is very quiet in the evenings, especially during the dinner times and show times. We often have a nice drink or glass of wine in there....plus we enjoy all the savory nibbles that put out in the case in the evenings (sweet things during the day).

Are the cabins ocean view or insides? The only difference between the two cabins you posted if ocean views is the one on Deck 1 will have 2 smaller portholes and the one on Deck 2 will have one larger porthole if that makes a difference to you.

MJ
THANK YOU!!! Those were insides ... ended up going with deck 2 Oceanview

We were in cabin 2592 which is under the restaurant/kitchen. It was horrible! Every night from 11pm until 2am it sounded like bowling balls being dropped on our cabin ceiling. There were no cabins across from our cabin. I thought it would be quiet. But no. That area must be some type of work station. Again every night we heard a very loud squealing/grinding of metal noise. Never heard it during the day, just late at night. I would stay away from anything in this area of the ship. On another cruise we stayed in cabin 2072 and it was very quiet. I would stay around that area again. It's more midship than 2592.
THANK YOU for this information! Yes, 2592 is under the kitchen and 2072 is under the actual restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter