Wonderful visit to DL 12/14 to 12/19/06

Echo queen

<font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo
Travel party: me, DH and DS 8 and DS 11.

Our adventure started on Thursday 12/14/06, this would be the last day of school for winter break for my boys. I told them they had doctors appt. and would be going to school later. They were up early dressed and ready to go. I told them they could open one gift before we left home. Well, that just happened to be the gift that had a game boy micro wrapped in a disney themed coupon that said your going to Disneyland today. They were very shocked, got it all on video.

Day 1: 12/14
Travel into LAX smooth trip, picked up rental car then onto DTD. We had dinner at Ralph Brenna’s very good. Went to Lego store shopping and Build a bear to build a Minnie Mouse. Minnie also got a Mulan change of cloths.
We spent the night at Anaheim comfort Inn, it was nice clean and comfortable. The cont. breakfast included cereal, apples, oranges, danishes, waffles, boiled eggs, toast, juice, coffee. Coming from the central time zone was a big advantage, we were up at 4am which felt like 6am to us so we were waiting at the gates each morning.

Day 2: 12/15
Breakfast at Comfort Inn at 6:15 am arrived at the Disneyland Hotel for 7am check in. Left bags and headed to the park. The park opened at 8am, we where the first people to ride Autotopia, did a few more rides, no lines did Buzz Lightyear. When exiting Buzz there they were the dream team with DREAM FASTPASSES :wizard: for us all. What a moment! Attendance was quite low this day, we didn’t even need to use fastpass. We watched the Christmas parade at 3:30pm had dinner at Blue Bayou at 5:20pm and then had riverside seating for fantasmic at 9pm. We watch the fireworks as we moved towards Main Street. This was a very busy day for us, tons of fun.

Day 3: 12/16
Stopped for muffins and OJ at the coffee shop at DLH and on to DL early entry 7am we were there at about 6:45am. First in line at gate 14, (there were others in line at other gates) A nice gentleman walks up to us at the gate with a bright red book in his hand and asks if we would like to be Honorary Citizens of Disneyland :wizard: and open the park with the count down. How cool that was, something we will never forget. Had a full breakfast at carnation café.
All rides were walk on, no lines went over to CA, did some rides and saw Aladen. We went back to the hotel for a nap. This turned out to be a rainy cold windy day. We never made it back to park. We had dinner at Mimmi’s the food was great we were stuffed. After dinner I went to DTD alone to do some me shopping.

Day 4: 12/17
Nice day :sunny: , around 63 degrees. Drove :moped: down the coast to Legoland (Carlsbad). We stopped at the beach coming and going, watched the surfers, saw the sunset on the return. This was our first time on the Pacific coast. Words can’t express the beauty of it all. Joe’s Crab shack for dinner.

Day 5: 12/18
No rain, but cold. We were at the gate at 7:30am. Did the character breakfast at Plaza Inn, walk in. The food was great, it was nice and warm. We did the Toontown early entry. We had a late lunch at House of Blues (DTD) and late dinner at Naples (DTD). We saw the electric light parade. The crowds did pick up by midday but it was not too bad. At 10pm my family went to pack to the hotel. I went back into DL to shop and shop and just soak it all in for the last time until midnight.

Day 6: 12/19
Breakfast at Denny’s and then to LAX. LAX, madhouse.

My thoughts, we have been to WDW 3 times in a row and I really like DL. More is not always better.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Great tpi report! What did you think about legoland? And I have to agree about the coast, We live in Washington, so the ocean is not a big deal. But the coast in California is totally Different then what we have here.It was so pretty!

Legoland is a very beatiful landscaded park. It reminds me of a zoo. I knew this would be our last chance to go seeing as my boys are 8 and 11. They really enjoyed it but some of the rides where too mild for them. If you have younger kids, they will love it. :sunny: I'm really glad we visited. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter