Wondering-How Far in Advance Can U Plan Your WDW Trip & HOW??

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
:confused: :confused: :cheer2: :flower1: :space:

1. Just wondering how a lot of u guys plan your trips as soon as the 1st one ends?? I wish i could do that, (so i want be too sad):( :(
but my husband has to take his vacations according to a schedule; coordinating it, etc. based on workloads...

I could take my vacation whenever i want, but i don't think i'd enjoy myself as much as when i'm w/ dh:Pinkbounc :wave: ::MinnieMo

I plan our next trip usually beginning the last day of the trip I'm on. We have been lucky to go twice a year the last few years. I don't have an active countdown clock right now-- because I don't want to see how many days are left. We aren't going this time until February, but this time we're going for 2 full weeks rather than 1 week. That was the compromise for not going this fall. We were there in March, and I had already begun plotting for another trip.

My DH is getting "sick" of going to WDW :eek: . So, if it comes down to going w/o him, I will!! Actually he says he doesn't know how often he'll go to the parks w/ me and DS on our next trip!! Thats okay though. Personally, I don't like planning trips too far out because then they take forever to get here it feels like. I won't officially start planning my Feb one until mid fall. Other than to snag the airfare as soon as Southwest opens their dates for then.

A year in advance,we've been going first part of December each year since 1992.That one we plan to the max ,we try to go down 1 other time during the year,that we don't wing it but do not plan it out like December trip.Next year we are planning on October and December trip,this year June and December.::yes:: :wave2:

You don't need to have your exact vacation dates to begin planning. Start by deciding where you'll be staying and for how long. What parks will you do and what types of passes will you need? Where would you like to dine on your next visit? What activities would you like to try?

Once you have your dates, you can make your reservations and book your airfare, etc. But in the the meantime, you can save up the money...and dream.

DH and I just got back from a wonderful WDW vist May 2-12. My next trip will be with my DD and 2 DGDs (8 + 12) in Nov. 2005. The first thing I'm going to do is price the various components of the vacation to see how much $ we'll need to save.

We go every other year to WDW. What we do is choose the time of year that we might like to go.

Then the year before I watch the "trends". Like what the airline price trends are, when room only or AP discounts are released. I really only start actual "planning" when we book our flights. Because up until that point, things can change. But once we have the flight those are the dates we are going.

Plus, you can always research and plan out where you'll eat on your trip.:D

Cynde

I thought our recent honeymoon trip in April was going to be my last WDW trip for a long time.

My husband hadn't been since 1977, and only went this time because we received the GF room as a wedding gift.

Imagine my joy when we strolled through the Poly and he said let's stay here next time!! Before we finished this trip, he had agreed we'd come back next April!

That's why I'm still on here every day.....planning for a trip a year away.

I've already decided POR would be better for us than the Poly.

We won't go every year, there are far too many other interesting and beautiful places to see.

But I imagine if we have a child or two, we'll be back every five years or so.

DH gets 4 weeks vacation each year so it's not a problem planning ahead.

And I'm already trying to think of creative ways to save extra money this year!

Karen

I expect to take in late 2006 or sometime in 2007. I don't even know what time of year we will go, but I'm gathering info anyway! What I learn will likely guide me towards dates eventually. The biggest hurdle will be getting a timeshare exchange for 2 weeks that suit us. Luckily there are many RCI places in Orlando, so we ought to find something (my parents own 2 weeks in Barbados that they will exchange for Orlando).

I love to plan - can't help it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter