• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WooHoo!! First Year Down!! An Anniversary PTR--12/8 update--POOP

anniebean

Flyers fan stuck in Tennessee
Hello!

So this is my very first attempt at a trip report, however, it's far from our first trip. He grew up going to Disney. I went once with my parents in 7th grade, twice with my friend's family in high school, and had been taking my kids almost yearly from 2006 on until they got tired of it :(

This trip is for our first wedding anniversary, and by our, I mean me (Momma Bear), and my husband (Geoffy-poo).

224.JPG

A little history about us--we've known/worked together for almost 8 years. Started dating almost 3 years ago. Our first trip to Disney together was in September 2013.

049.JPG

Our second trip together was in September 2014. He proposed while eating at CRT right before the fireworks on Sept 10th of that trip.

868.JPG
912.JPG

We eloped on December 9th, and had our delayed honeymoon in Disneyland in February 2015.

1425.JPG 1529.JPG

(I loooooove the beds at Disneyland Hotel!)

So that’s our story in a nutshell.

We’ll be staying at Wilderness Lodge from December 9-13, and attending our first MVMCPs on Dec 10th and 11th.

29 days and counting

Oh, and sorry if pics are huge. I'm still new at this posting pics thing.....

Last edited:
As of right now, and hopefully this late in the game there will be no more juggling of the schedule, we are set to land in Orlando early on the 9th. Then our plans are as follows:

Day 1
AK after landing
Sanaa
Downtown Disney....Disney Springs...whatever...to check out Jock Lindsey's
WL to get all dressed up
California Grill for anniversary dinner

Day 2
CRT for breakfast
maybe wander over to Trader Sam's for a break in MK action
MVMCP

Day 3
Sci-Fi Dine in for breakfast
HBD for early dinner
linger long enough to see Osborne Family Lights since we've never seen them before
MVMCP

Day 4
Chefs de France for lunch & Candlelight Processional
WL to get dressed up for late dinner at Artist Point
(major reason we love this resort...get dressed up, go downstairs and have a good meal....and it's quiet!)

Day 5
Pre-park opening at Be Our Guest
over to Epcot for Garden Grill for lunch
then leave :(

It's a short trip for us so we're trying to pack as much as we can into a few days. This is our first time going at Christmas EVER so we're super excited to see the park all decorated.

Oh, and to get my Momma Bear guilt out of the way for anyone that is curious....my 3 kids are older. My oldest will be 20 next month, middle is 18 and graduating this year, and my baby will be 17 next month. They grow up too fast, and I was bummed when they said they were kinda over Disney so we've had a few trips to Universal in the meantime. However, my youngest did say for her senior trip next May, she'd like to go back :) Here's a pic of my crew when my oldest graduated from Navy boot camp.....
1213.JPG

Had a small freak out last night.

Our magic bands shipped on Monday. Yay! I try getting on Disneyworld.com yesterday afternoon and it asks me to change my password.....ok.....I've had that password forever, but ok...... Last night I received like 10 different emails from Disney saying I had changed something in my account. What?!?! I go into my account settings and look at info. They had an address in there (that I updated a long time ago) that hasn't been valid for a few years. They had an old credit card attached to my account that was in my old last name that was out of date (again, that was updated quite some time ago). Start the freak out.

I called immediately and verified everything. Supposedly, there were some "enhancements" going on that was making everything go haywire. I was assured my magic bands shipped to my current address. We shall see....

In the meantime, we're hoping Cody (oldest) will be home for Christmas so we can do a family pictures in front of tree this year. One pic w/ pjs, the other pic with ugly sweaters. I bought Geoff, the boys, and Winnie's bf (because he insist on being in pic, but it's fine, he's a good kid) matching Star Wars pj bottoms from Disney Store. They finally arrived in the mail. Got an email from place I ordered Andy's ugly sweater from this morning saying shipment was delayed because of demand. Oh boy....

Was able to pre-order our BOG breakfast this morning. For anyone interested, or actually reading, or just for my future reference because I'm forgetful, I was able to customize my order by leaving the bacon off of the open faced breakfast sandwich.

Argh.........

23 days to go.....

People are sick in my household.....including DH.

I'm Lysol-ing EVERYTHING and wearing a Haz-mat suit.

I CANNOT get sick!

Going through the trip reports during the MNSSHP made me kinda wish we had went during that time again....

We had a blast. We went twice during last trip. Once dressed up, and the other not, however, we did get to wear our "Just Engaged" pins, and my tiara so there's that. Anyways, I found this pic on our MM and thought I'd share. I think I should be offended since Geoff is hiding behind me....

MNSSHP_MAGHAUNT_7048386566.jpeg

Following along! I LOVE your shoes from your elopement picture! Gorgeous.

You are going to love the Christmas decorations! Your itinerary looks nice and relaxing for a short trip.

How did you get a blue and green Magic Band and the adorable gray luggage tags? I thought the color of the band corresponded with the color tag you'd get. Lucky!

Following along! I LOVE your shoes from your elopement picture! Gorgeous.

You are going to love the Christmas decorations! Your itinerary looks nice and relaxing for a short trip.

How did you get a blue and green Magic Band and the adorable gray luggage tags? I thought the color of the band corresponded with the color tag you'd get. Lucky!

Thank you! I love those shoes too. They may make a repeat appearance during this trip, I dunno. I'm a shoe fanatic, however, I'm also cheap, so I wait until they go on clearance... I doubt I paid over $20 that pair.

I have no clue about the luggage tags. I had read somewhere that they were temporarily out of the color tags, but I think the gray ones fit us perfectly since it's an anniversary trip.

Small update--think the sickness is finally leaving our household. Thankfully, I was able to escape it, which is nothing short of a miracle!

I am new to flying....my first flight was in February, and I'm almost 40!!! Anyways, having freak outs this morning at work about our flight. Ugh. It's an early morning flight so my husband wants to make sure I drink something before we head to airport. We're flying out of a small airport and he's afraid there won't be any bars open at that time of the morning. Liquid courage. Husband has been flying his whole life so it's nothing to him. Thankfully it's two very short flights that are under an hour each. Normally we drive since it's not that bad of a drive, but since it's a short trip, he insisted on flying. I've just gotta stop watching the news.

Kids have given me wish list for what they want us to bring back...well, the boys have. Winnie has not so I'm improvising.

Cody (navy son) wants us to look for any Steamboat Willie things. He'll be home for Christmas so we'll be able to give it to him then.

Andy (son that is a senior) wants a Star Wars beanie. I'll probably go to the Canadian pavilion and pick him up something there too--he's obsessed with anything Canadian & hockey, however, hates the Habs....go figure. He does like the Maple Leafs though.

Winnie (only daughter and youngest) has just requested I don't bring back the flu this time (that happened a couple of years ago). I think I'm going to do the Pick a Pearl and get her a nice setting of either a ring or necklace. She's just now getting into jewelry so I think she'll appreciate it.

Oh, and thought I'd share....y'all are the only ones that'd appreciate this....

My husband and I work for a national lab. Well, when we got married, I dropped my first name from badge because I never use it, and it's just confusing. I go by my middle name (thanks mom & dad....). So the deputy director comes up to me about a month ago and says in our system at work, it shows I'm Unknown then my last name. I asked if I could change it to Princess--he goes "sure, talk to Steve" (IT guy) So I talk to Steve and find out I have the power to change it....so now at work I'm Princess Nicole. Even on emails I send out, it says it's from Princess. I'm waiting for a higher up to tell me to knock it off, especially since some of these go out to other labs, but so far it's not happened. My reign continues....

IMG_8719.JPG

Yay for not getting sick!

Could you just take a Benadryl or something instead of a drink? If I was that nervous, a drink would probably just make me sick, especially first thing in the morning. I get nervous about flying too, though I'm usually ok once we take off.

Haha all hail Princess Nicole! That's hilarious. Whatever makes work a little more enjoyable, right?

Following along! We are planning an adults only trip so I'm interested in what other people are planning. We have kids around the same age (except I added a couple more a few years later because I really never wanted to sleep again)

Yay for not getting sick!

Could you just take a Benadryl or something instead of a drink? If I was that nervous, a drink would probably just make me sick, especially first thing in the morning. I get nervous about flying too, though I'm usually ok once we take off.

Haha all hail Princess Nicole! That's hilarious. Whatever makes work a little more enjoyable, right?

Benadryl knocks me on my butt in a bad way. Like takes forever to get the haze out of my brain. I think a couple glasses of wine might do the trick. Hope so anyways!

Well, I have a 1:30 meeting with my supervisor for annual review. Have a feeling I'll be just Nicole by the end of day :(

Following along! We are planning an adults only trip so I'm interested in what other people are planning. We have kids around the same age (except I added a couple more a few years later because I really never wanted to sleep again)

Bwahahahaha!!! Oh lord, I don't know how you went thru that again! My brother had his two later than my 3. I can sit on the couch and watch them and it wears me out! You'll sleep again eventually, however, I think I worry more now that they are older than I did when they were kinda under my thumb.

Yay!! Still Princess Nicole. Supervisor said I can keep it until someone complains about it. Woohoo!! My poor husband....he probably gets ribbed about it.

So found out over the weekend that MK is open until 1am on our first night, and last night there. Not moving the California Grill reservation, but I did move up the Artist Point reservation an hour and 1/2 so we can get in some MK time.

From now until the time we leave, I should really stop watching the news. Seriously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter