Woohoo! Found stuff while organizing.

I've been wanting to get out a couple items I stored away years ago so I could use them again. I couldn't remember exactly where I put them, but I thought I had stored them in my bedroom. I spent 4 days tearing apart my room only to find that they're not there. :headache: Now I think they might be out in our storage unit. I wonder if it would be ok to break quarantine to go organize our storage unit.... :scratchin

I bought 2 packages of Clorox wipes for our trip to WDW in Feb/March, but didn't use many of them. So, I have one full package and one 90% full, :)
I also make a lot of rice dishes, and couldn't find my rice steamer. I looked and looked, and gave up and bought another one! Guess what I found when I cleaned out the hallway shelves???? Yep, there it was plain as day; don't know how I missed seeing it before? So I now have 2 rice steamers, enough to last a life time, LOL. This is a fun post, thanks OP:)

We found a couple of family "treasures" - a really nasty letter an aunt of mine wrote to a family friend about some things that were "taken" from my other aunt's estate (which were meant for the family friend). That's a joy to read - not sure why I kept it, except it's one of the few things I have from my aunt LOL!

Also found the "predicting apocalypse" letter from an aunt on my husband's side of the family. It doesn't follow the COVID-19 pattern though, so I guess she wasn't getting direct access to God like she claimed?

What is it about aunts?

I straightened up the pantry Tuesday and found way more pasta and sauce than I thought I had, two extra packs of big Ziplock bags (for scooping the cat box), and waffle bowls I forgot I bought. - We had ice cream sundaes for dessert yesterday!
Speaking of cat boxes - yesterday when I was going through old meds, I "found out" that you're supposed to dispose of old medication by putting it in a ziploc bag along with used kitty litter to make it gross and then toss.:crazy2: We don't have a cat, so we're collecting food scraps to gross it up.

Speaking of cat boxes - yesterday when I was going through old meds, I "found out" that you're supposed to dispose of old medication by putting it in a ziploc bag along with used kitty litter to make it gross and then toss.:crazy2: We don't have a cat, so we're collecting food scraps to gross it up.

Who told you to do that? Your local health department should have a way of collecting old medication so that it doesn't get into the water or soil.

Who told you to do that? Your local health department should have a way of collecting old medication so that it doesn't get into the water or soil.

The FDA recommends you do that, and even flush some, if you can't get it to a drop off site

I read what was required on line. My area only collects prescription drugs and sharps. I'm disposing of mostly over the counter and vitamins.

You can also put your meds in coffee grounds to get rid of them. Several pharmacies around here have drop off locked boxes so you may want to call some of them (our state police also have this locked drop off box but it is always full.

I saw the coffee grounds suggestion too, but we're difficult I guess. No coffee, no cats at our house. (We do have tea and a dog though, so don't feel too sorry for us!)

Today I found ananniversary card that I bought for my best friend and her husband in (according to the receipt) 2013. They're now divorced so it's a bit too late to give it to them. :rotfl: My best still got a good laugh out of it when I texted her what I found.

I was looking in the guest bathroom for toilet bowl cleaner, and found an almost full bottle of 91% Isopropyl alcohol. I am fine with regular soap, and haven't been feeling bad about not having hand sanitizer. But it still felt a little like winning on a scratch off lottery ticket, lol.

I uncovered my patio furniture and found a big tub of Clorox wipes in the storage coffee table. So glad I kept a stash outside because I'm too lazy to come in the house every time I need a wipe. :)

Found a mostly full jug of liquid Dial soap buried in the linen closet and a big container of Lysol wipes (opened but still moist). I'll have to try that isopropyl alcohol idea!

Last week I found a full canister of Clorox wipes, 3 rolls of TP and half a bottle of hand soap refill. It was like winning the lottery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter