Work Trip

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
My work is flying us all to a warm locale for a work retreat! I am super excited!

We fly out on soon and are getting details for it.

Basically, it's go on your own except for dinners and a 4 hour yacht ride. We're all remote so it's not really a working function, but a 2 day get together.

But what do I wear? I have no idea what to wear on a boat like that? I've packed dresses and nice sandals for the dinners but otherwise jean shorts and tops.

Any suggestions would be most helpful!

Thank you!

Is it a day or evening cruise? Is it a socializing event like a cocktail party or simply there to enjoy the surroundings?

I think that makes a difference.

Ask the powers that be what the dress code is for dinner. I'm guessing "Business Ware" (jackets and ties for men, dresses or pants suits for women) at minimum. But the organizers could make it "Formal" or "Black Tie".

Are you snorkeling on the boat ride or just sight seeing?

Agree with a previous poster that you should ask for the attire requirements for each activity to be posted. Sounds like it has the potential to be a fun outing. Hope you like all of your coworkers!

It's day. We're floating around with cocktails and lunch then going back to our hotel to freshen up for dinner.

I don't think we're going to do any formal or black tie events. I would hope they would've said something about that by now.

I hope I like everyone too! I've met almost everyone already and liked them!

It's day. We're floating around with cocktails and lunch then going back to our hotel to freshen up for dinner.

I don't think we're going to do any formal or black tie events. I would hope they would've said something about that by now.

I hope I like everyone too! I've met almost everyone already and liked them!
I still think it's up to the hosts what dress they want. If they say "we don't care", I would personally go with summer casual. Guys in either khakis or shorts and polo shirt, Women in sundress or similar.

I always think it's better to be slightly better dressed than risk being under-dressed, especially in a work-related situation.

For most day activities the jeans shorts (not too short) and a nice T-shirt or polo-type shirt (no holes, political statements, big cartoons) should be fine. Maybe a sundress for the cruise. Dress or coordinated pant outfit for dinner.
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter