Working for Disney

Self_resqing_princz

DIS Veteran
Hey all! I wasn't sure where to post this. I was wondering if anyone here had any tips for getting hired by Disney? I'm looking for a new career in social media, media or public relations and I would love to work for Disney. I have 10 years of professional experience in broadcast and print writing and media relations, 5 years of professional experience in social media.
I have a BS in journalism but not a Masters. Is that a requirement for working for Disney? I'd LOVE to get in with Yellow Shoes, but I know they are basically Disney's best kept secret and can't find ANY information about Yellow Shoes anywhere.
If anyone has any sources I could talk to or has any tips for getting Disney to even consider me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've applied for numerous positions with Disney on their website, but never even get an email saying "sorry, you're not good enough".
I would greatly appreciate any help or ideas. Thanks all!

It's a lot harder these days. For a position you are looking for, they may require you to have a masters. Is there an opening for this position desired?

It's a lot harder these days. For a position you are looking for, they may require you to have a masters. Is there an opening for this position desired?
Not a specific position that I can find- but that's have the problem, I can't find any positions with Yellow Shoes to even apply for.

Not a specific position that I can find- but that's have the problem, I can't find any positions with Yellow Shoes to even apply for.

ETA: You were responding to my first post while I was typing this one. Good luck!

I don't think you look for a specific position. You need to get your foot in the cyber door with someone, anyone on the inside. That's why I posted the link to the VP's Linkedin account. This may be a situation where the jobs aren't necessarily posted as classified ads. Send the guy your resume, what's the worst that could happen? You get ignored and never hear anything from him. Now, what's the best that could happen? :earsboy:

Unfortunately, it won't let me connect with him on LinkedIn unless I know him personally- which I don't. I also can't e-mail him because I don't have a paid profile to email him through LinkedIn with, sadly.

ETA: You were responding to my first post while I was typing this one. Good luck!

I don't think you look for a specific position. You need to get your foot in the cyber door with someone, anyone on the inside. That's why I posted the link to the VP's Linkedin account. This may be a situation where the jobs aren't necessarily posted as classified ads. Send the guy your resume, what's the worst that could happen? You get ignored and never hear anything from him. Now, what's the best that could happen? :earsboy:
Your encouragement gives me hope.... I will do all I can to get in touch with him and send him my resume. Thanks for the idea and encouragement. I greatly appreciate it! You're right- what's the worst that could happen- nothing. The best that could happen? I get my DREAM JOB WITH DISNEY! And as I tell my husband, you'd gotta think the worst day working for Disney is still better than the best day working anywhere else.

I'm guessing they never post - only use recruiters.

You are just going to have to keep sleuthing. LinkedIn is a good resource to see who you know who knows someone who knows someone. Also try searching Twitter. You never know. Good luck.

And as I tell my husband, you'd gotta think the worst day working for Disney is still better than the best day working anywhere else.

I don't want to burst your bubble but this statement isn't realistic. Disney can be a dream job but even working for the mouse isn't 100% wonderful. I wish you luck though in pursuing your dream. I loved my job working in Guest Services for a major theme park in Orlando. I truly loved it and enjoyed going to work every day there after I retired from teaching school (which I also loved). But my worst day there was never better than my best day of teaching school or vice versa. There are problems you will face in any job and sometimes it won't be fun. Just research as much as you can about the job so you go into it with eyes wide open. Working for Disney is not all pixie dust.

I'm guessing they never post - only use recruiters.

You are just going to have to keep sleuthing. LinkedIn is a good resource to see who you know who knows someone who knows someone. Also try searching Twitter. You never know. Good luck.

Exactly! Just keep digging around on-line/social media until you get an in. Disney can probably get pretty much anyone they want to work for them, their less-than-stellar pay notwithstanding. My hunch--and that's all it is--would be that they are looking for bright people with the ingenuity to get in front of the decision makers. Good luck to the OP & please let us know how it turns out. :earsboy:

Your encouragement gives me hope.... I will do all I can to get in touch with him and send him my resume. Thanks for the idea and encouragement. I greatly appreciate it! You're right- what's the worst that could happen- nothing. The best that could happen? I get my DREAM JOB WITH DISNEY! And as I tell my husband, you'd gotta think the worst day working for Disney is still better than the best day working anywhere else.

Uhm, not really. Think more realistically but keep trying!

The reason I said that is because at my last job, for me to have a good day at work... and for me to be able to go home feeling accomplished, someone had to die or get hurt. I don't want that anymore. If I work for "the happiest place" or the "most magical place", that can pretty much guarantee I won't have to go into work facing death and destruction every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter