• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's first trip to see Mickey Mouse!

eeyoresnr

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I'm gonna give this another shot.... I did a pre-trip and a trip report a few years ago with pretty good results.
And the truth of the matter is my husband and I are having Disney Withdrawals :sick:
I made a new ticker the other day and Danny (my husband) says "why are you torturing yourself"?
This coming from the guy who sends me every Disney Destination add that comes to his email.... knowing full well I get the same adds to MY email:lmao:

next up, I will introduce the cast.... hope to see you there

before I start with the cast I have a story about a previous pre-trip report...
I had a few followers which helps to keep the flow going, and while we were on the trip a young woman came up to us at EPCOT and asked if I was eeyoresnr? puzzled I said I was, and she said you're a waitress and your husband is a firefighter? more of a statement than a question...again I said yes; then she said she had been following my pre-trip report, so I asked her what her screen name was on here, and she said she never actually commented on my report she just kinda lurked in the background and followed it... so I never actually found out who she was, but just want to say if she finds this one, pipe in! or at least send me a PM and let me know you're still around...
next is cast...for sure this time;)

Hello....

Isn't DIS wonderful for those moments that you just NEED to have an outlet for your Disney obsession. That's so awesome that someone recognized you at Disney. I've never ran into anyone on my trips, but think that would be really fun.

Especially because I sometimes wonder if I'm talking to myself on here. I won't hear from anybody forever and think I'm just rambling to noboday but myself, then I have to remember that someone MUST be reading. I have a ton of views just no responses.?! It's always nice to hear from your readers though. I've been FB friends with people I met on here 5 years ago, but we've never met. I miss some of the great people I met years ago too and hope to run into them on here again sometime.

Anyway...... I just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know I'm here waiting for more. :thumbsup2

BTW I love the name Jaxon! My daughters first boyfriends name was that. ((Mind you she's 6)) I hear about how much she misses him almost everyday. ((we moved this summer)) :(

Happy Disney planning!! :wizard:

I'm in. :) Maybe you could sprinkle it with pictures of past trips, just for those of us who like your photography? Pretty please? :flower3:

I think we'll be getting out in January, but I fear that may be our last trip for a good while. :sad1: I'm really hoping that, by the time your ticker is up, I'll be planning a trip as well. Where's the fingers crossed smilie?

I just realized I need to reserve this section for my index... and I'll start using it just as soon as I learn how to do it:rotfl2:

INDEX

reyasmommy,HELLO! and thank you for joining me...I love the story about your daughter missing her first boyfriend...poor thing
it's good to know I won't be talking to myself (Lord knows I do enough of that already) :lmao:

shalom, WELCOME! and thank you for joining. I went over and caught up with yours, and had to laugh at your cast of characters. I couldn't imagine planning for 7 people all with so many different likes... but then again they are all old enough to know what they want to do so that can be a good thing...
I love seeing the pictures from when the kids were smaller

as for a sprinkle of pics of past trips from me, it will probably be more of a storm!:rolleyes1 after all pictures is what I do best! I'm one of those that takes pictures of bathrooms at Disney and then when we get home and sit down in front of the TV with the family to watch them and one shows up everyone says REALLY MOM??? well except my husband as he hates that saying:crazy2:

Our Cast of Characters...
I'm gonna start with Jaxon since this trip IS all about him...
Jaxon is my one and only grandchild and when he was born last summer my heart felt as though it would burst with the love and joy I felt for him.
I call him my 'Boogs' and grandpa call him his 'Little Red Devil'

436.jpg

the first picture he was about 7 months old, he loves to play 'Where's Jaxon?"

DSC08131.jpg

the second picture is the day he turned one... and you can see where the term Red Devil comes from...his beautiful red hair!

When we found out my daughter was pregnant, we were already planning a Spring Break trip when she decided she shouldn't go...so we went in April of 2011, only to come back and have her say, "my OB says if I want to go to Disney NOW would be the perfect time" REALLY???? uhm, hello, we just got back:confused3
and yet 4 weeks later we turned around and went back, but decided then that it would be our last trip til Jaxon was about 2 and a half...which has been very hard for myself and Danny as we are used to going at least twice a year:sad2:

I almost forgot to add, as of right now Simba is Jaxon's favorite character.... of course that is subject to change between now and trip time

a little more about Jaxon... he is like most babies full of energy and curious as a cat. he doesn't miss a thing:idea: I lost my job in 2010 after the Cafe I worked at for 5 years closed:sad2:, but on the bright side I take care of Jaxon 4 days a week while mommy and daddy work, which is great, but I admit he keeps me on my toes.
he started walking the week he turned one and there is no stopping him now.
up til now he hasn't really watched any TV but this week I started playing Disney movies while we are having playtime in his room here at our house... and today he actually st on my lap on the floor and watched Monsters Inc with me... well most of it anyways, as he got tired and ended up going down for his afternoon nap, but I figure if I start now, by the time we go he will know many of the Disney characters, and just hope he isn't afraid of them when we get there:scared1:

next up.... I'm gonna go by age... is Daniel.
Daniel is 11, almost 12... he will be 12 in October
this picture was from Jaxons Birthday

DSC08123.jpg

he doesn't look real happy in this picture. I'm not sure why because he was having a ball riding his bike around the campgrounds... probably because he had to stop long enough to have his picture taken...

Daniel is my stepson and lives with his mom and stepdad in Alabama, so with my husbands schedule as a firefighter we don't get to see him as much as we would like.... but Daniel loves Disney and his favorite character is Stitch.
he is super excited about going with us for Jaxons first trip because as Uncle Daniel he wants to ride all the kiddy rides with Jaxon:goodvibes

Daniel was about 2 and half months shy of his 5th birthday the first time we took him to Disney which was in August:(
and we wore that poor child out...ok ok "I" wore that poor child out... it was hot and muggy and the crowds were like being packed in a can of sardines....
ummm hello, WE live in Florida... what the heck were we thinking?:guilty:
obviously we weren't! that's something we will NEVER do again... but he had so much fun he talked about it almost nonstop for the next year:laughing:

not sure if I already mentioned it or not, but Daniels favorite character is STITCH!

this is from his first trip in August 2005

disney079.jpg

disney074.jpg

this was the first character meal we had ever done and I think Daddy was just as excited as Daniel was:lmao:

we took Daniel back in Dec 2007 and I think it was this trip that he enjoyed the most... this trip was planned completely around him

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

another little note about Daniel before I move on to the next.... last week Daniel was in a bad 4 wheeler accident at his house in Alabama... he was riding by himself (which should not have happened) but he went up a small gravel hill when the 4 wheeler started sliding and it rolled over on him... daniel has his own 4 wheeler but he was riding his stepdaddys at the time.... when it rolled on him the brake handled impaled his right leg just above and behind the kneecap... about 7 inches of it was in his leg:sick: :faint: but he didn't cry...in fact he never cried through the entire rescue process as he said he was trying to be a big boy...(I'm sorry but I would have cried...a lot!)
but that little boy grew up at that moment in my opinion... while he was waiting for someone to find him he had the mindset to reach up over and turn off the fuel supply.... and he prayed a lot he said... when EMS arrived they had to cut the brake line and transport him with the handle in his leg! which thank GOD they did... also his right arm was broken... he had emergency surgery and the Doctor said he was very lucky... it went in between his artery and a nerve and missed both.... if not we most likely would have lost him that night ... he is at home recovering nicely and gets to go back to school Monday....

I just realized I need to reserve this section for my index... and I'll start using it just as soon as I learn how to do it:rotfl2:

Not sure if you're dealing with the same issues, but BearCatFan has a quick tutorial on my thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45704344&postcount=10

I couldn't imagine planning for 7 people all with so many different likes... but then again they are all old enough to know what they want to do so that can be a good thing...

Planning for this group is actually easier at WDW than at some other places -- I pretty much just point them in the right direction. :) Lot tougher when I want to do a museum here and a battleship there and an aquarium somewhere else, but can't send the bored ones on to the next thing (or something else entirely). They don't gripe too much -- eldest son will settle himself somewhere with an electronic gadget and the others always manage to entertain each other -- but I wish hubby would let the kids go into the gift shop before I get there, because I get a lot of "hurry ups!" from kids eager to spend money. :rolleyes:

At WDW the kids will get to peruse the gift shops to their heart's content, because their dad won't be looming over them. :rotfl: They're spending their own money, although he holds veto power (mostly used when the little ones wanted to spend ten bucks on a ton of candy :rolleyes: ), but he's still all wound up about minimizing the gift shop time. :confused3

I'm one of those that takes pictures of bathrooms at Disney and then when we get home and sit down in front of the TV with the family to watch them and one shows up everyone says REALLY MOM???

My kids don't blink at the bathroom pics -- they have an uncle who takes pics of manhole covers and hubby's best friend once had a picture exhibition of gloves dropped all over NYC (in snow banks, in gutters, etc.), plus they all take some pretty random pics themselves, so the fact that I take pics of the unit or hotel room right down to the bathroom is considered "normal."

Hubby, OTOH... :rolleyes1 Actually, he never says anything about my pics after (unless he's surprised at how well something came out), but while on the trip I like to plant myself somewhere and do a whole circle sweep of some view, and that drives hubby crazy, especially when I like something and do it about every twenty feet. Took something like 700 pics at Big Cedar one day -- lots of waterfalls, y'see. :upsidedow He never says much, probably because when he does, I tell him he doesn't have to wait for me, but he totally doesn't get it.

I can kind of relate to Daniel's grumpiness about having his picture taken. Hubby will insist on, at most, one picture "session" a trip -- meaning one where the people in it have to stop what they're doing and stay put for a few shots. The rest are pics the kids want of themselves or just pics he takes as they're doing whatever, and I do pretty much the same.

But we took the kids' adopted grandma to Myrtle Beach last month, and she takes a lot more posed pics. Most of which had my youngest scowling at her. :rolleyes1 She really didn't take very many -- didn't even average one a day I don't think -- but I still got tired of them myself. :confused3 Getting interrupted is just not our thing, I guess, and it looks like it's not Daniel's, either. :p

while he was waiting for someone to find him he had the mindset to reach up over and turn off the fuel supply....

Thank God he had the presence of mind to do that. If he'd panicked instead, and tried to free himself or something... :scared1:

So glad to hear he's doing well enough to go back to school Monday. :) One good thing about how long it is until you go, is he'll have plenty of time to heal! Assuming he doesn't make a habit of emergency hospital visits, that is. :scratchin I had a kid who was like that for a few years, and a cat, ditto. :rolleyes: But, aside for one with the cat, none of them involved injuries on that order. Daniel's is one of those accidents you talk about for a lifetime. :faint:

Not sure if you're dealing with the same issues, but BearCatFan has a quick tutorial on my thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=45704344&postcount=10

awesome! thanks...exactly what i was looking for!:thumbsup2

My kids don't blink at the bathroom pics -- they have an uncle who takes pics of manhole covers and hubby's best friend once had a picture exhibition of gloves dropped all over NYC (in snow banks, in gutters, etc.), plus they all take some pretty random pics themselves, so the fact that I take pics of the unit or hotel room right down to the bathroom is considered "normal"

my family has gotten kinda used to them.... but I still embarrass Danny when I take pictures of food , but he says if I want pics of his, I better be quick because once the plate hits the table he's not waiting for anyone to take pictures:laughing:

Thank God he had the presence of mind to do that. If he'd panicked instead, and tried to free himself or something... :scared1:

yes, when his stepdad found him his first reaction was to pull the 4 wheeler off Daniel, and Daniel stopped him, telling him it was in his leg...

LOL not sure what the heck I just did there...but I'll figure this out eventually...ha ha can you tell it's been a while since I posted anything except pictures

Next up.......
Stephanie.... also known as BRAT (although she has outgrown that a bit since she became a mommy herself :p

time to meet our next character, and a character she can be:p
Stephanie sometimes know as BRAT not the brat mind you, just BRAT... the nick name came from Danny; she was 15 years old when Danny and I met, and they hit it off instantly. She considers him her dad and vise versa.
Stephanie grew up in California in the same house I grew up in just a couple miles down the road from Disneyland, so like me she compares a lot of things between the 2:rolleyes2 the first picture of her is from Disneyland when she was about 3

stephDisney.jpg

her favorite Disney Character is Eeyore, Has been since she was bout 10
she has just about everything Eeyore you can think of totaling about 500
here are just a few

abc156.jpg

abc159.jpg

abc161.jpg

abc166.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter