Working on Weight Loss and getting Lean!

You're not really alone, Beth!

I know this is a nutso week for me -- but you've all read about it before! :rotfl:

DS is very excited because today he has a "shadow" -- an incoming 7th grader for next year will go with him to all his classes today and sit in his seat. He'll tell him what life is like at school, etc. Then he has the last tech day before his first Improv show after school.

Dennis pretty much agreed to do the Hershey Half :woohoo: -- Oh! And I didn't mean to leave you out, Jeanne! So glad you are coming to Providence! Ok, so that's Cindy, Jeanne, me -- anyone else? :goodvibes I think we're going to get the package at the Hershey Lodge. That sounds pretty simple, and we will have Ben with us.

Jackie -- I am the opposite of you -- I'm much more likely to eat right when Dennis is around. Left to my own devices it's not pretty ;) Our pets are just so much a part of our lives, big :hug: for your poor neighbors. Those cracker chips are really more like potato chips :blush:, but the package says cracker, so I'm going with that :lmao:

Tandy -- So glad to hear you are sailing through right now :boat: You really sound unstoppable -- maybe, Tandypossible?! :cheer2:

Tomorrow is just going to be a big blur -- I'll see you guys on the other side, probably check-in Monday while Dennis and Cindy are running!

Maria :upsidedow

Hello ladies. Before I forget, Beth is our big points winner this week!!!!:cheer2::cheer2: I did manage weight loss %, but even with that extra point, it wasn't close. Beth, you did really great this week!!!

Maria: Harrison is going to the middle school tomorrow for his half day preview. Fun times! I'm so excited but nervous for him for next year. :lovestruc Improv must be so much fun. Is Ben really enjoying it?

Jackie and Maria: I LOVE those cracker chips! They are awesome!

Jackie: Just keep remembering that you're in this for the long haul, not just for right now. The weight will come off and the running will increase, I promise. The fact that you had surgery and still may be in the same group as last year is pretty amazing in my book. Why shoot for more right now? Maybe next year????? (That's easy to say when it isn't me. Believe me, I understand. )

Beth: At some point, there's going to be a week that doesn't show a loss. You have done an absolutely amazing job with your weight loss! If there's no loss this week, you'll be right back there next week!:thumbsup2

AFM: I had another great run. My ankle has been a little sore but I know it's because I'm not stretching enough. I got 6 miles in today in 48 minutes flat! I have kind of slacked off on the speed lately, but today, I revved it up again! :thumbsup2 Frank was home today, and when he has a day off, we over eat. So, I let him buy a slab of ribs. I figured that if he was choosing to go off the diet for a day, why not let him get something I couldn't eat? ;) He's now feeling incredibly sick because he ate the whole slab! :scared1: I ate oatmeal instead, and feel great. :thumbsup2

Hope to hear from the rest of the ladies soon.

Tandy: WOW! You are fast girl! Great time! I think with your fantastic weight loss, I think you can be in the winner's circle! You had a great week. I had a challenge with the eating clean challenge....not with cooking, but skipping the Special K bars!

This week I have forgotten the calve lifts a couple of times.....I will try to remember to get at least 1/2 point!

WW weigh in was only .4 this week. I am happy with that, at least it wasn't a gain! I know every week can't be a big loss, and I am ok with that!

Beth

Beth:I love those Special K bars. And dark chocolate granola bars. And Fiber Plus bars. They are all sooooo good!
Hey, .4 is great! You were sure you had gained. You can get full points for the calf lifts by doing them 4 days a week, so there's still a chance, right? Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.:laughing:

Lost another pound! Tried on the skinny jeans today and they fit! A little tight in the rear, but acceptable. :cool1: Frank is 5 pounds away from onederland. He's getting excited. :lovestruc

Going out dancing tonight. Can't wait. We haven't been in forever. I am not looking forward to tomorrow though. I have to take Harrison for a 50 minute run tomorrow:eek: and, I have the neighborhood Easter egg hunt in my back yard. I mowed yesterday, but now, I need to go pick up dog poo, and then, I get to set up and run the whole thing. I'm not good with little tiny kids. :laughing: As Harrison ages, I lose more and more patience with the little ones. What can I say? I'm the parent of a tween, and that takes a whole different level of patience.

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. I really hope to hear from you ladies soon.

Hi All,
It has been a slow week for me. Work has been crazy, home life has been, well, rocky, so there hasn't been much time for running. Add in my sore leg and we are still limping along slowly. I am happy to say that I have done better at not turning to comfort food. I am down another 2 pounds this week, which makes a total of 31.6 (yes, I am taking the .6 :) ) this year. I am pretty excited about that. I have another 6 pounds before my BMI says I am officially "normal".

Hope everyone is doing well.

Manda - You're doing GREAT! :cool1: You'll be normal in no time at all! :rotfl: As we're all finding out, weight loss is a SLOW process. Just hang in there, keep posting, and we'll all get there together.

Tandy - I am so with you. Even when Annie was young, I didn't do little kids well. I always attributed it to having an only child, but I think I just don't care for kids! :guilty: Mine was okay, but others... not so much. Once they were school age, I was fine with them. And through high school, most of her friends thought I was the cool mom. Not exactly sure why, but I didn't complain! And 8 minute miles? WOW! :worship: You and DH can run together any time, but I'll just do my own thing.

Maria - I bought the cracker chips tonight. Unfortunately, I apparently threw away the coupon in the recycling Tuesday night. Haven't opened the box yet, but I imagine I will this weekend. It's feeling like a Netflix weekend. Bill's working, and Annie's not coming home till next weekend. :) I'll think of you while you're rushing from place to place!

Beth - I was beginning to think you and I were the only ones left here. Glad Tandy and Maria showed back up! Congrats on your weight loss at WW. :thumbsup2

I took my running clothes to work yesterday and went straight to the greenway from work. Haven't done that in months. Ran almost 4 miles, and got back to the car and remembered why I like to run. The endorphins were definitely active! Made me excited about doing a "long" run this weekend.

I've discovered that while giving up tea and coffee for Lent, I'm seriously short on caffeine. Recently I've had a Mountain Dew in the afternoon a couple of times, and found that when I get home I have an amazing burst of energy. Who needs energy drinks? Apparently when you're not getting it anywhere, just one soft drink can do scary things to your body and mind! But I've been really productive - cleaned out a flower bed that hasn't been used in several years and have it ready to plant.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Jackie

Hi Everyone.

I made it to the Expo today. Such wonderful things there to buy. :) I bought myself a fleece top and a running skirt and an armband for my phone. Lots of yummy samples too. I finally tried coconut water. I've been wanting to, but didn't want to spend a lot of money on something I might not like.

I met up with Maria and Dennis so that was awesome.

I'm very nervous about the race. Mostly because everyone I know will be following me online on race day and I know I'm not properly trained so I'm going to be disappointed with my time. I'm trying to convince myself to just be happy to be there and to enjoy the run and the crowds, but I find it hard not to run for time.

Maria: Thanks for meeting up with me today. You definitely look thinner now than when we met up last summer. Have a safe trip this weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you along the course just in case...

Tandy: Great job on your wt loss. Awesome job. Yea skinny jeans!!

Jackie: I'm so glad you have running-love again. I'm glad that your hip is improving. Enjoy the Netflix. Good job for giving up coffee and tea. I'd be a wreck without them.

Beth: Congrats on your wt loss. You are steadily getting back to where you were.

Manda: Sorry for the hectic week. Glad your wt loss is on track.

Jeanne: I am very excited for Providence RNR. There will be quite the WISH crowd there.

Vicky: Hope all is well.

Debra: Hope your trip went well.

Kim: Hope you are doing OK.

Well, I need to get to bed. I have a very busy day tomorrow with all the kids' activities. I plan to do nothing on Sunday, I'm sure my kids will have a different plan.

I'll post on FB from the race, and try to get on here Monday night, but we'll see how that goes.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Cindy

I just want to share that it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the challenge when your power is out. We got caught in the vicious line of storms that hit NC yesterday, and our power went out around 4:00. As of 8:00 this morning when I left for church, it still wasn't on, and they won't even give us an estimate of when it might be. I'm trying not to open the fridge or freezer to save whatever is in there, so that means I can't eat anything at home and am resigned to fast food until we have power.

Also, since we're on a well, we don't have water either. Which means we can't flush. Which means I don't need to drink 64oz of water! I stopped by the office on my way home from church, a) to plug my cell phone in, b) to use the computer, and c) to have running water!

AND, since I was good yesterday and got up and ran, then cleaned out the basement, I was particularly sweaty and dirty. And hadn't taken a shower yet. Will be looking for friends if things don't change soon!

However, while I've been typing this, the power company has called my cell phone, so I THINK we may have power now. Cross your fingers!

Jackie

Jackie: Oh my! I hope the power has been turned back on. I hate when food gets ruined by things like that! We once had no plumbing for 6 months while we were building a house, so, if not for friends, I would have been one stinky girl!
Yes, it might be due to only having one child. I'm just really bad at breaking up fights and working on diplomacy and little ones really need that. :)

Manda: I'm sorry things aren't going well, but really happy to hear your successes. The loss is great, but even better than that, you've broken a bad eating habit!!!!! Keep it up! :thumbsup2

Cindy: I'm so excited for you. Best of luck tomorrow. You will do great, and please, don't feel pressured by those of us tracking you. We're just living vicariously through you. ;)It's as close as I'm ever going to get to Boston, more than likely. Just give it everything you have, and you'll be successful!

Maria: Wish Dennis good luck for us. It was really nice meeting him in January, so I have a face to put with my Boston cheering! :thumbsup2

AFM: Harrison and I ran a little over 4 miles yesterday in 50 minutes. He's right on track with his 1:10:00 finish for his 10k. The best thing though, he didn't complain once! And, he had plenty left in the tank at the end. This is our longest training run, so I was happy about that. He used Clif Shots during the run, and it seemed to help him. Normally, I wouldn't use anything for a run this short, but I have to remember that I am not Harrison.
I got 4 miles in this morning. It felt good to get out there super early and enjoy empty sidewalks for a change. The runners sleep in a little on the weekends. I shouldn't complain about living in such a runners community, but it can get congested at times.
Frank and I went dancing Friday and had an amazing time. I burned tons of calories, but made up for it with 4 beers! :eek: I was just so thirsty and water and beer cost the same amount of money. The cheapskate in me won out! :laughing: At least all the dancing meant no weight gain from it! :thumbsup2

I hope everyone's doing well with the challenge still. I am trying to figure out an end date. Maybe the end of April? That'll be 2 full months, and I know that I, personally, have gotten so much out of it. I hope that those who have kind of dropped off don't feel any pressure about it. Just post to say hi! :)

Just a quick post while my runner is in the shower...Dennis finished and smashed his WDW time by 6 minutes! There is an awesome medal on my kitchen table right now!

I'll catch up when I go to work tomorrow -- suffice it to say I ate horribly all weekend and today, tonight is pizza, and I'm going to have a big gain tomorrow. I plan to get back on track tomorrow so I don't have to totally hang my head at WW on Saturday...

Maria :upsidedow

Hi Ladies,

I am at home with my feet up on the couch. We bought Chinese food for dinner while still in Boston so no cooking tonight. I enjoyed the race for the most part. I did start faster than I wanted to. I had hoped to run 10 mm but instead I was closer to 9.5. I managed that pace pace thru 16 miles then began to slow down. I had to incorporate a few walking breaks during the last 6 miles. I tried to keep them to a minimum, but sometimes my legs were just hurting so much I had to. I finished in 4:30:50 so I’m happy enough with that. I wouldn’t have minded being 50 seconds faster, but I just didn’t have it in me today. The weather was a bit warm for me since we haven’t had much warm weather yet this year. At least there was a tail wind which was very helpful.

Maria: Congratulations to Dennis. I knew he would do well with the training he did this year.

Jackie: I hope you and all your neighbors are safe with all the storms. The pictures are unbelievable.

Tandy: Thanks for tracking me.

Thanks to all for the FB wishes.

Cindy

Cindy - Congratulations! You sound much more positive than you did after last year's race. Enjoy the evening!

Maria - Tell Dennis congrats as well. His training obviously paid off - that can't be an easy course compared to WDW! I think we should be able to use a wild card that exempts us from the challenge when there are extenuating circumstances! I can't wait to hear the details of your weekend.

Tandy - I'm discovering that I don't like having 2 dogs for the same reason that I didn't want 2 kids. They fight just like children, and I'm constantly yelling at them to either be quiet or stop fighting with each other.

It is not fun when your city is all over the national news. I purposely haven't driven around to see the devastation first-hand, since I experienced after hurricane Fran what it's like when people drive through your neighborhood just to stare at you. But the stories are unbelievable. I feel almost guilty complaining about having to throw away half the stuff in my fridge, when there are thousands of people trying to find their homes. My running buddy and I walked on Sunday in a park that was nowhere near any of the affected areas, and there was insulation absolutely everywhere.

But tonight I went BACK to the grocery store and re-bought the same things I'd bought on Friday, and washed the shelves in the fridge while it was empty! Might as well take advantage of the opportunity to clean while I can...

Jackie

Cindy: Congrats to you! You did an awesome job!!!! We are so proud of you.....hope you enjoyed the evening.....isn't it great that you were amoung such greatness! A very speedy Boston!

Jackie: I am sorry to hear about what happened. It's never easy to see such a thing happen, let alone in your own back yard! I hope things come together for all involved. Great job in replacing the good food! And for the clean fridge! You must grab the oppurtunity for things like that when they happen, and enjoy later!

Maria: Congrats to your dh! He also was very speedy yesterday!!!! Not an easy course ((((against what others are saying regarding the world record....and it should be a world record! The guy got gipped)))))) Don't worry about getting off course. We all know how life gets in the way!

Weigh in Tuesday!

Weight: 178 pounds ( loss of 1 pound)

Dairy: 1 point
Water: 1 point
New recipe: 1 point (last nights tropical bbq chicken in crock pot)
New food: 1 point (Special K raspberry cheesecake bar)
Exercise: 1 point
Weekly challenge: 0
Weight loss: 1 point
Temptation (I forgot!): 1 point (1 plate dinner)
Total points: 8

Hope everyone is successful on the scale today!!!

Beth

Good morning everyone. Happy weigh in day!

Beth: Great job. You are steadily becoming a skinny girl! I can't remember what your goal is, but you are kicking booty and you'll be there in no time. :thumbsup2

Jackie: I am so sorry you are going through this. :hug: But, it could be worse right? And, shockingly, you're still out there exercising! :worship:

Cindy: You did awesome!!!!:cheer2: I am so proud of you. So far, I always start my races too fast, so I completely understand! ;) How are you feeling today? Don't worry about the weight. I am sure it's higher than it should be with all those carbs and hydration.

Maria: Dennis did awesome also! Give him a big congrats from me. So, you had a bad weekend. We all do. It's just part of living. Hopefully, the gain isn't too big today and you move on to next week, right? ;)

AFM: Well, I am down 2 more pounds to 133.2! I don't think you guys understand the significance of this weight. I got down to 131 about a year after Harrison was born, but I smoked. I also quit eating. I drank 3 slimfasts everyday, and only ate every 3rd day. Not exactly healthy. Then, I quit smoking and gained 30 pounds. I haven't been below 136 since I quit. And, that's been a struggle and I don't stay down there long. So, to be at 133 through healthy eating and exercise is such a huge accomplishment for me.

I also earned 8 points.
1:cardio
1: calf raises
1: water
1: dairy
1: veggies
1: new food (Bacos are made of soy, did you know that?)
1: temptation (No sugar at all this week!!!!!)
1: weight loss

Okay ladies, this week's exercise will be bicep curls. Let's do 20 for each side. I hope that everyone will at least check in. We seem to have lost a few. Let's hear from you, ladies! :)

Ugh!

Weight: 141.8 (up .7 - I was expecting another small loss, but then we had fried seafood for lunch at work yesterday, which probably wasn't a really bright idea, and it's TOM week, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over this number.)

Water: .5 pt
Fruits/veggies: .5 pt
Dairy: .5 pt
Exercise: 1 pt
Calf raises: 1 pt
New recipe: 1 pt (Tandy's Vegetable Medley - much better!)
New food: 1 pt (grilled mango - yum!)

Total points for the week: 5.5

Tandy - It could be SO much worse. Every day the newspaper is full of pictures that just make me so grateful. One family lost 3 children in one mobile home. And you are doing so wonderful with the weight loss! I'm very envious, but so proud of you for doing it just the right way.

Beth - The clean fridge is almost worth the extra money I had to spend. It was a great opportunity to toss bottles of stuff that needed to be thrown out anyway. You're doing a fantastic job too, especially since you're not able to run like you have in the past.

I'm taking the afternoon off. There are just some errands that are easier to do during the weekday, and I have too many vacation days to burn this year anyway. So Sienna and I are going to the vet shortly for her annual checkup, and then I'm hoping to get in a run on the TM before I have to be at church at 6:30. In the interim, I'm enjoyed All My Children with the puppies!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Jackie

Jackie: Funny. I was eating my vegetable medley while reading your post. I hope you liked it. I have a huge affinity for okra, but some people think it's gross. You'll have a loss next week, I'm sure! :thumbsup2
How horrible for that poor family. To lose one child is bad enough, but three? Wow!:sad1:

CONGRATULATIONS,
CINDY & DENNIS!!!!!!!

We are so proud of you.....Well done!:woohoo::banana::cool1::thumbsup2:worship:

Another "ugh" from me regarding a gain this week......and I don't have the excuses that Jackie has. Fortunately for us, we never lost power although most of the people in our development did. We must have been on a different grid. We were in the movie theatre watching the new Jane Eyre (awesome!) when the tornadoes first struck. Finally, after the power went out for the 3rd time during the movie, the manager came and told us what was going on outside. They were tracking the storms and wanted us to know that if they direct us to move into the bathrooms, we should be prepared to do so quickly. I must admit that being inside the theatre during the worst of it, we did not experience the severity that others did. Such tragic....and random....destruction. Two families in our parish lost everything....very sad.

Anyway, back to the challenge.....

I, too, had a weight gain. Put me down for 205.3 which is a gain of 0.9lb. I have been on a plateau for the past month and I finally figured out why. It sounds totally ridiculous, but my computer has me completely stressed out. It is on the verge of crashing and a simple 5-minute task can sometimes take 2 hours. All I am doing is shutting down and booting up and I am about to commit harikari. All the time wasted at my computer is eating into my workout schedule and the frustration is causing me to make poor food choices. The good news is that my husband just bought me a new computer, but I need to get a professional geek in to properly transfer my files, which won't happen for another week or two. Technology is truly a double-edged sword.

I think I earned only 6 points this week
One for exercise, one for the calf raises, one for a new food (crawfish!), one for fruits/veggies, and one for resisting a temptation. Then I get a half point each for the water and dairy. Better luck next week......every day is a new beginning.

If I'm not mistaken, Beth is also signed up for Providence. :cool1: There will be a ton of WISHers there. In addition to the ones on this thread, we have Pat and Jim, Anne and Robert, Lily and Ted, John and Karen, Cam and Howard, Susie, Wendy and probably some more. Sorry, I don't know everybody's DIS name, but I'm sure they are all familiar faces to all of us.

Maria: Has the Hershey race opened for registration yet? The last I heard it was May 1st. I must go check the website again. Any difference between the 2 Hershey hotels? I'll go wherever everybody else is going, just tell me. Ummmm, I can smell the chocolate now. One of my children actually works for Hershey, although not at the main location. You'd think the little twerp would bring home some freebies once in a while, but NO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter