Working on Weight Loss and getting Lean!

Jackie: Funny. I was eating my vegetable medley while reading your post. I hope you liked it. I have a huge affinity for okra, but some people think it's gross. You'll have a loss next week, I'm sure! :thumbsup2
How horrible for that poor family. To lose one child is bad enough, but three? Wow!:sad1:

I DID like it. I used to think I only liked okra fried, but I'm finding that I really like it most any way. I'm not very fond of the way it feels while I'm handling it, but I love the taste. That's a recipe I'll make again, since I killed all of it between dinner last night and lunch today!

And unfortunately, they've now updated the news - that poor family has now lost four children. There was a 6 month old who had been in critical condition, but didn't make it. I think there are 2 siblings and 2 cousins, but still... :sad2: On the flip side, although it's tragic, I had to laugh just now when they interviewed a farmer who said he actually saw his pigs fly. :)

Jackie

A quick post before I hit the sack. Thanks for all the FB bday wishes. I had a great day despite having to work. My legs are still very sore, but improving. I did actually have a loss this week. I weighed in yesterday at 143 which is down 0.4 from last week. I'm sure some of it's dehydration, so we'll see if I can maintain it for next week. Bday celebrations and Easter candy will not help in this.

I also actually scored 1/2 pt for my water this week!!! Only 1/2 pt for fruits/veggies. Plus 1 for exercise, 1 for dairy, 1 for wt loss 1 for new food and 1 for new recipe and 1 for my temptation. I switched my temptation to avoiding alcohol for the 2 weeks leading up to the race. It was tough a few times since we went out, but I'm glad I did it. So I think that makes 7 (?). If so that might be my highest score yet.

Tandy: Great job at being at an all time low since giving up your unhealthy habits. I hope that by getting there in a wise way you'll be able to maintain it.

Jeanne: Thanks for the congrats and happy bday to your DD. I love finding out who else I share my bday with.

Jackie: Sorry you had to replace the contents of your fridge, but you have it all in perspective. Cannot even imagine how that family can move on from losing 4 kids. You are right that I am feeling much better about my race this year even though my time was slower. I really thought about how lucky I was to be running that race when so many other people got shut out, or for one reason or another will never get the chance. I really appreciated the experience so much more this year.

Beth: is it true, will you be running Providence? Great job on your continued wt loss and racking up the pts.

Must get to bed now. Have a good night everyone.

Cindy

Good morning ladies. As of today, apparently, I am the big winner this week with my 1.48% loss, so that brings my points up enough to win.

I still haven't heard from a few ladies, and, some of them haven't been heard from for a few weeks. So, ladies, are you okay? Please check in and let us know how you are doing. :)

Cindy: You did awesome on your points this week! And, of course, your marathon. Happy Belated Birthday! :cheer2: I don't have FB, so I never know these things. You have had a very eventful week.

Jackie: Oh, that is such sad news! But, the pigs flying is funny. Of course, I also think oh, those poor pigs, being the silly animal lover that I am.
I really don't like slimy okra, so I tend to cook it only in tomato based things now. When I learned that trick, I stopped making fried okra. My friend with the garden that I help in is planting even more this year. I'll probably end up with a freezer full.

Jeanne: Scary story at the theater. I live in tornado alley, so am used to this happening all the time. But, it's still scary. We have a room in our basement specifically for tornadoes. Sorry about the gain, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Maybe this coming week will be a big loss. :)The race sounds like it's going to be lots of fun. Lots of Wishers and Beth.

AFM: My weight has leveled off apparently. That's fine. I knew that losing 4 pounds in 2 weeks was really amazing. It's all good. I ran 6.5 miles yesterday and went to zumba, so it was a great day. My happiness is now measured in how much exercise I get. Love it!
Fall registration is today. I'm nervous. I really need to get into a specific anatomy & physiology class, and the rest of my schedule hinges on it. So, we'll see. I start calling in 25 minutes!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

I kept meaning to post here today -- Thank you so much for all the kudos for Dennis, and Cindy totally :rockband:!

Anyone following the bruhaha over The Tink? I had no idea it was such a hot topic.

I'm not going near a scale until Saturday morning, suffice it to say I know I have another week that won't be pretty. Also seem to have a sick ds, so we'll see what tomorrow will bring...

Maybe I'm just depressed about the cancellation of OLTL and that's why I seem to not be able to pull my eating back in, and start moving again...Anyway, I'm making an exercise chart which starts Easter Monday, and I'm committing to journaling starting Saturday. If I don't start now, I don't know when I will...My choice is either to quit or get going, and quitting never gets me anywhere, so I'm just going to have to make myself move.

Dennis and I are planning to spend Saturday just putting things away and getting them in order at home, which will help me focus. I am sleeping in chaos, and my living room looks like a Teen Sanctuary, with the blinds closed it makes a lovely cave of blankets, pillows, wii stuff, etc. It's great if you don't want to walk through, but I'm taking it back from ds!

TOM is finally ending (sorry for the TMI, but I think it's been dragging me down all week), and my body and mind need a new, fresh start. I haven't even read all the posts, but I'm going to catch up this weekend and move into the future!

Maria :upsidedow

Maria - The whole Tink thing is ridiculously hot. I just don't care. I can't believe they made such a big deal out of it. And I really, really, don't like Tink, so even if the race were free, I wouldn't do it! As for OLTL, at least you get almost a year to watch. As an AMC viewer, I only have 5 months until it's over. :sad1: (Actually, I've been halfway watching OLTL too, so I'll probably switch to that until it ends. The bummer is that we usually watch AMC during lunch at work, and we just can't wait until 2:00 to eat!) Stupid ABC. And I'm with you completely on TOM screwing up the week. I can always count on 3-4 days of migraines during the week, so any plans that I make can be derailed at a moment's notice if the headache decides to intervene. Take it slowly this weekend - one thing at a time, and I guarantee you'll be back on track in no time!

Tandy - I worried about the pigs too. The guy didn't say how they fared after their flight. I just had to picture the image and forget about the rest. There has to be something entertaining about all of this, besides my fridge getting cleaned! I've never planted vegetables before, but am very seriously considering giving it a try this year. How did registration go? Did you get the classes you wanted/needed?

So tomorrow I'm going to Lowe's and searching for flowers and/or vegetables to go in the flower bed that's been vacant for a few years. I've spent the past week cleaning it out, so it's all ready for occupancy. I don't want to do much, just maybe a tomato plant or two and a couple of other things. Something to get my feet wet and see if I can actually grow anything! I'm also hoping to get in my "long" run for the week - maybe 5 miles this week. I also need to make dessert for Sunday's dinner with the inlaws, and buy the fruit for the fruit bowl I'm taking. Saturday is the kickoff for the Galloway season, so I'll spend the morning listening to Jeff Galloway sell us on why we should pay money to join the group and run with his program. Bonus this year - DH is going to be a group leader, so we get to join for free, PLUS we get to go the party at the director's house tomorrow night with Jeff.

Sunday we're going to the sunrise service at the state capitol, then the early service at church, then driving to Winston-Salem to have lunch with DH's family. Then driving home so we can be back at work on Monday. And do inventory on Thursday and Friday. (Didn't I just do that?) It might, just might, be a crazy week. Remind me that I'm supposed to be eating well!

Jackie

Happy Easter ladies! Does everyone have big plans? We are having a VERY small family meal at around noon, and then, Frank and I will be taking my parents to dinner theatre tonight. I don't know why we scheduled this for Easter, but oh well. Harrison is so excited because he's staying here at home without us. I will be a wreck though.

I'm going to try to get a run in this afternoon, but you just never know.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Happy Weigh-In Day ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well. We haven't had a lot of activity here lately. People must be busy! :)

I am officially 2 pounds heavier than last week at 135.2, but am not too worried. It was a bad weekend, and I got it together again yesterday.
So, my points are:
1 pt for aerobic exercise
1 pt for water
1 pt for dairy
1 pt for veggies
1 pt for bicep curls
0 pts for temptation
0 pts for new food
0 pts for new recipe
0 pts for weight loss

5 points total, which is not good, but hey, like I said, it was a bad weekend. :laughing:
I had a good day of exercise yesterday. I did 3 miles of HIIT (high intensity interval training) on the TM, which I haven't done in forever. It is the highest calorie burning thing I can do. Then, I went to zumba last night. My official weigh in there wasn't pretty either. We only weigh once a month, and I was only 4 pounds down (again, bad weekend). It'll be better next month. The good news is that I lost 3% body fat. Only 7% more until I'm at the # I want. So, since we have 3 more months of this challenge, that's totally doable.

This is going to be the last week of the challenge. Hopefully, we can all rally and finish strong! For our last exercise challenge, we are going to do Russian Twists. Here is the description:

Sit on the floor. Place heels on the ground in front of you. Keep your knees touching. Lean back slightly and touch the ground on one side (can use a med ball or dumbbell for extra weight). Keeping leaned back, touch the other side. If you want more of a challenge, pick your heels off the ground. Try to do these slow.

Let's do 20 on each side.

Good Morning, Leanies!

So here it is...the big mondo reply post I've been promising for far too long...

Maria: I'm sure you will get through the family visit with flying colors. The flight change is another story. That first one better be early! 3 weeks with no boss will be horrible and great. At least the office will be relaxed, right?

AFM: I am feeling so amazing right now, that I'm sticking to the clean eating. I ran 10 miles yesterday, and just could have kept on going forever. In fact, I took the dog for a 1.5 mile walk, ran 10, went to zumba for an hour and then, walked the dog again. I am down to the lowest weight I have been in forever.

Tandy -- I hope you still have this feeling, or you can get it back, how wonderful! And your lowest weight in forever is also pretty awesome! You are the Energizer Bunny!

Calf raises I can do! NO problem with them, though I already have huge calves......too big for most boots!

So it's not just me...I think I would fall over if I found boots that fit which didn't have a wide shaft! :rotfl:

Just a quick shout-out to Maria about the Hershey half-marathon......I believe sign-up begins 5/1. You can go to the website and there is lots of information. John and I are planing to do it. I understand that part of the fee goes to a private event party at the Hershey theme park. Sounds like fun.
Also, John and I are signed up for Providence, R.I. just in case I didn't mention it before.

We will definitely see you in Providence! It's become clear that to do Hershey would cause a big strain on ds, so I think we may have to punt and pick up another race over Labor Day instead, before he starts school. Here's where having that empty nest is a plus for you guys! ::yes::

Maria Our neighbors had to put their 9 year old shepherd down yesterday. We learned Friday that he had lymphoma and the vet had estimated 4 months. Apparently not. We're all heartbroken. They had 2 shepherds, and lost the other one within a couple of months of our losing Mystic, so we've been through a lot together. I'm glad to hear about healthy furry friends! :hug: for those anniversaries. Some years they seem so much worse than others. And I'm so glad you commented on the cracker chips - I saw a coupon for them and wondered if they were any good. I thought I remembered something you hadn't liked, and couldn't remember what it was!

I'm so sorry for your neighbors :sad1: You are absolutely right, some years hit me worse than others, and I'm not even sure why, I just really miss my mom sometimes. How did you like the cracker chips? I still think the Popchips are better, but the cracker chips are not bad.

Maria: Harrison is going to the middle school tomorrow for his half day preview. Fun times! I'm so excited but nervous for him for next year. :lovestruc Improv must be so much fun. Is Ben really enjoying it?

Ben loves Improv, and I thought he did well in his first show. What did Harrison think of the middle school? When I was home recently I found my old junior high is now a middle school -- and I wouldn't even go there if I lived in the same house, they've built one that's closer. Apparently they have kids coming out the wazoo in St. Louis County. :confused3

Going out dancing tonight. Can't wait. We haven't been in forever. I am not looking forward to tomorrow though. I have to take Harrison for a 50 minute run tomorrow:eek: and, I have the neighborhood Easter egg hunt in my back yard. I mowed yesterday, but now, I need to go pick up dog poo, and then, I get to set up and run the whole thing. I'm not good with little tiny kids. :laughing: As Harrison ages, I lose more and more patience with the little ones. What can I say? I'm the parent of a tween, and that takes a whole different level of patience.

How was the Easter Egg hunt? And the dancing?! Parenting a tween -- can I just say it only gets worse when they become teenagers?! Jeanne and Jackie seem relatively happy with theirs, so I'm really hoping young adults are much more fun to have around :rotfl:

Hi All,
It has been a slow week for me. Work has been crazy, home life has been, well, rocky, so there hasn't been much time for running. Add in my sore leg and we are still limping along slowly. I am happy to say that I have done better at not turning to comfort food. I am down another 2 pounds this week, which makes a total of 31.6 (yes, I am taking the .6 :) ) this year. I am pretty excited about that. I have another 6 pounds before my BMI says I am officially "normal".

How's it goin', Manda? That is awesome you are so close to a normal BMI! I think I'm still trying to go from obese to overweight, but I'll get there :rolleyes1

As we're all finding out, weight loss is a SLOW process. Just hang in there, keep posting, and we'll all get there together.

I've discovered that while giving up tea and coffee for Lent, I'm seriously short on caffeine. Recently I've had a Mountain Dew in the afternoon a couple of times, and found that when I get home I have an amazing burst of energy. Who needs energy drinks? Apparently when you're not getting it anywhere, just one soft drink can do scary things to your body and mind! But I've been really productive - cleaned out a flower bed that hasn't been used in several years and have it ready to plant.

That Mountain Dew will knock you! When I was in St. Louis, all they had to drink in the house was soda or whole milk...and they had Diet Mountain Dew, so that's what I drank Saturday afternoon. Whew! I'm not used to that kick, and it was something. My WW leader brought up at our meeting that safe weight loss is .5 -2.0 lbs per week -- so if you lose 2 lbs in a month, you should consider yourself doing well. Sobering, isn't it....

I'm very nervous about the race. Mostly because everyone I know will be following me online on race day and I know I'm not properly trained so I'm going to be disappointed with my time. I'm trying to convince myself to just be happy to be there and to enjoy the run and the crowds, but I find it hard not to run for time.

Maria: Thanks for meeting up with me today. You definitely look thinner now than when we met up last summer. Have a safe trip this weekend. I'll keep an eye out for you along the course just in case...

Cindy -- I am so glad we got to see you for a few minutes at the Expo! You looked awesome, and I think your time was nothing shabby! :worship: I hope you enjoyed the run and the crowds. These were the largest crowds Dennis had ever run in, and he said it was amazing.

I just want to share that it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to keep up with the challenge when your power is out. We got caught in the vicious line of storms that hit NC yesterday, and our power went out around 4:00.

Jackie -- So sorry to hear about the devastation, and glad you were safe, even though you were without power and water, which is pretty darn difficult. :hug:

Yes, it might be due to only having one child. I'm just really bad at breaking up fights and working on diplomacy and little ones really need that.

Yeah, this is also not my strongsuit. I bet Jeanne can do it with her eyes closed, though! ;)

I am at home with my feet up on the couch. We bought Chinese food for dinner while still in Boston so no cooking tonight. I enjoyed the race for the most part. I did start faster than I wanted to. I had hoped to run 10 mm but instead I was closer to 9.5. I managed that pace pace thru 16 miles then began to slow down. I had to incorporate a few walking breaks during the last 6 miles. I tried to keep them to a minimum, but sometimes my legs were just hurting so much I had to. I finished in 4:30:50 so I’m happy enough with that. I wouldn’t have minded being 50 seconds faster, but I just didn’t have it in me today. The weather was a bit warm for me since we haven’t had much warm weather yet this year. At least there was a tail wind which was very helpful.

I am so glad you were happy with your race! And you certainly deserved Chinese food! Are you back to running yet? Dennis is giving himself another week. He's doing the Run to Remember at the end of May, so he'll start training for that next month.

It is not fun when your city is all over the national news. I purposely haven't driven around to see the devastation first-hand, since I experienced after hurricane Fran what it's like when people drive through your neighborhood just to stare at you. But the stories are unbelievable. I feel almost guilty complaining about having to throw away half the stuff in my fridge, when there are thousands of people trying to find their homes. My running buddy and I walked on Sunday in a park that was nowhere near any of the affected areas, and there was insulation absolutely everywhere.

But tonight I went BACK to the grocery store and re-bought the same things I'd bought on Friday, and washed the shelves in the fridge while it was empty! Might as well take advantage of the opportunity to clean while I can...

I think you made the best of an awful situation! I don't blame you for not seeking it out, I'm sure you are getting more media coverage than you want to see :hug:

Maria: Has the Hershey race opened for registration yet? The last I heard it was May 1st. I must go check the website again. Any difference between the 2 Hershey hotels? I'll go wherever everybody else is going, just tell me. Ummmm, I can smell the chocolate now. One of my children actually works for Hershey, although not at the main location. You'd think the little twerp would bring home some freebies once in a while, but NO!

The race opens May 1st, but you can secure the hotel package (including race registration) at any time. I'm kind of bummed because I really wanted to do this race, and I even had dh on board, and then reality hit. Ben would be miserable for most of the weekend, and he'd have to go to school on Monday. Plus, we don't know what commitments and homework he will have, so we really can't plan to be out of town for the entire weekend. :sad2:

And unfortunately, they've now updated the news - that poor family has now lost four children. There was a 6 month old who had been in critical condition, but didn't make it. I think there are 2 siblings and 2 cousins, but still... :sad2: On the flip side, although it's tragic, I had to laugh just now when they interviewed a farmer who said he actually saw his pigs fly.

You need some comments like the pigs flying to make it bearable. :grouphug:

Thanks for all the FB bday wishes. I had a great day despite having to work. My legs are still very sore, but improving.

Sorry I missed it, belated :bday:!

My happiness is now measured in how much exercise I get. Love it! Fall registration is today. I'm nervous. I really need to get into a specific anatomy & physiology class, and the rest of my schedule hinges on it. So, we'll see. I start calling in 25 minutes!

I love that quote -- I need to get there, measuring my happiness by exercise, awesometastic! How did the registration go?

Maria - The whole Tink thing is ridiculously hot. I just don't care. I can't believe they made such a big deal out of it. And I really, really, don't like Tink, so even if the race were free, I wouldn't do it! As for OLTL, at least you get almost a year to watch. As an AMC viewer, I only have 5 months until it's over. :sad1: (Actually, I've been halfway watching OLTL too, so I'll probably switch to that until it ends. The bummer is that we usually watch AMC during lunch at work, and we just can't wait until 2:00 to eat!) Stupid ABC. And I'm with you completely on TOM screwing up the week. I can always count on 3-4 days of migraines during the week, so any plans that I make can be derailed at a moment's notice if the headache decides to intervene. Take it slowly this weekend - one thing at a time, and I guarantee you'll be back on track in no time!

I saw a tiny little spoiler on AMC -- Dixie will be back before the end. I am sorry they gave AMC such a short time to wind things up. I actually think it might be better to just wrap them up and go, less painful than drawing it out and seeing characters just disappear as the actors contracts expire...The Tink thing seems really out of proportion to me, too. I could see me doing it one year, but not when I'm already pretty committed to either doing the WDW Half or Princess. Still not sure which one...I'd love to talk Dennis into both, but I have a feeling it is not in our financial plan :rolleyes1

Happy Easter ladies! Does everyone have big plans? We are having a VERY small family meal at around noon, and then, Frank and I will be taking my parents to dinner theatre tonight. I don't know why we scheduled this for Easter, but oh well. Harrison is so excited because he's staying here at home without us. I will be a wreck though.

See, now going to the theater sounds like a fun way to spend Easter! We all enjoyed our baskets, then went to church. I was disappointed in the sermon, it kind of jumped around and wasn't very inspiring. We had breakfast as our big Easter meal, since we have such trouble agreeing on a main dish. We had a sausage/cheese/bisquick casserole and pancakes. I counted every bite :thumbsup2 We enjoyed the Celtics game and relaxed, it was a very pleasant day.

I did not track points this week -- I think I will just give you a final weight for the end of the Challenge, and hope it's lower than when I started :rotfl2:

I have put some things in place to get me going properly again. I am counting every point, and tracking religiously. I'm also eating my WW activity points, and using the Weekly points. I had a gain 2 weeks in a row, so I am determined to put an end to that. I made a workout schedule through the middle of July. When my last one ran out, I just stopped moving. No more of that!

Let me give a quick shoutout to Debra, Vicky, and who else am I missing? Kim?! I think there's someone else, too, Sorry!

So, I ran Friday, Saturday, Monday and today. Tomorrow I have myself doing 2 quick miles, I'm going to have to run after work so we shall see how that goes...but, I'll be at work by 7 (dh has a really early meeting to set up), so I should get a couple hours of office laps in ;)

Maria :upsidedow

Hello ladies! :blush:

Big congrats to Cindy and Dennis on the Boston marathon! I was tracking both of you online that day :)

Sorry to have been MIA! It's been a case of a little bit of LTO and just doing horribly with my eating. More specifically just consuming mass quantities of sugar. The rest of the eating was pretty good. I was eating clean for 90% of my meals, making everything from scratch but it was all the snacking and candies :( :blush: Anyway I'm done with that and ready to get things back on track! I haven't weighed in but have no doubt that I gained weight. Thanks Tandy for tracking me down!

I registered for my baking class which is on Friday nights. I didn't like the idea of a class on Friday night but quickly realized that if the class ended at 10:15PM, I wouldn't be in bed at a reasonable time in order to wake up for work the next day so it works out. Plus, I think other people had the same idea so the class is small. We have to get a chef's uniform which I think looks silly. But I get to go out and buy a bunch of kitchen gadgets and knives which I'm excited about!

Oh and I also registered for Goofy ... in fact, a lot of my team (Hakuna Matada) registered. It wasn't really planned or anything like that but it should be fun since it will be the first Goofy for most of us.

Anyway, I promise to catch up more after work! Have a great day everyone :)

Not a shining week for me either.

Weight: 141.5 (loss of .3 pounds. It's a loss!)

Water: 0
Fruits/veggies: 0
Dairy: .5 pt
Exercise: 1 pt
Biceps curls: 0
New recipe: 0
New food: 1 pt (I actually tried brussel sprouts after years of swearing I didn't like them. Now I know that I don't!)
Weight loss: 1 pt
Total points for the week: 3.5

Maria - I did NOT like the cracker chips. Tried one, took the box to work and told them to enjoy. So far, no one there will eat them either. 2 pounds in a month, huh? I've lost exactly 2 pounds since March 1. I'm not doing so well!

Tandy - You are the exercise queen! I was just proud of myself when DH called on the way home from work last night and asked if we were running and I said yes. It was the first really hot day we've had, but we went out and did 3+ miles. I was dripping wet when we got home.

DD and I finally drove around on Saturday and looked at some of the neighborhoods that were hit by the tornadoes. It was a truly sobering experience. We were hit hard by Hurricane Fran in '96, but this was much more intense.

Got to talk one-on-one with Jeff Galloway on Friday night. That was nice. Usually, at the kickoff, he does his presentation, takes a few questions, and he's gone. This was much more personal. We talked some about the Disney races and the new Tink race.

Saturday one of the couples we know from soccer and the running group mentioned that they'd like to run the half at WDW in January, so we're contemplating doing that with them. I told DH that I want to do the relay, so we're bouncing around ideas to see if we can swing the trip. DD should already be down there if she applies and is accepted into the college program, so it all makes sense, at least to me!

Jackie

Hello meanies,

Sorry to be posting so late, but it's been one of those days. I'm happy to report a small loss this week. 204.0 which is a loss of 1.3 over last week's weigh-in. I did not do a great job with points, however. Put me down for 4.5 (exercise, weight-loss, temptation, and half a point each for the water, veggies and dairy) I missed both food challenges and also the weekly exercise challenge. We've been out of town since Thursday and road trips are not very conducive to a healthy lifestyle.

That's it for right now......I am ready to hit the sack as soon as I sign off.

Good morning Lean Ladies! Sorry to miss posting yesterday....I have been fighting bronchitis since last week, and yesterday was a BAD day.

Weigh-in: 177.4 (loss of .6) a miracle actually. ((((Easter weekend hit me hard, and in coincided with TOM....which was like a perfect storm!)))) Thought for sure I was looking at a gain this week.

Water: 1
Fruit/veggies: 1
New food: 1 (Special K cracker chips)
New recipe: 1 (turkey burger from Taste of Home)
Temptation: a big fat 0!
Weight loss: 1
Weekly challenge: .5

Total: 6

I am actually happy with that with being sick....and having a sick kid at the same time.

Beth

Harrison is officially a racer. 10k in 1:07:53!!!!! He did awesome and only complained once at mile 4. Then, he sucked it up and got it done! He is so proud of himself right now!!!!:lovestruc

Sorry I never posted results this week. I've been mia in everything. I'll get that up as soon as I can today. Right now, I'm in desperate need of a shower! :laughing:

CONGRATULATIONS Harrison! :woohoo:

I am officially back. Ran my first 5K post-surgery this morning. Had planned to do 3:1 and take it easy. Goal was to beat my very first 5K time (38:45), with the secret target goal of 36:00. Ran 3:1 for mile 1, then somehow forgot to take walk breaks during the next 2 miles! :confused: Walked once at the water stop, but pretty much ran non-stop for 2 miles straight, which still confounds me since I haven't run more than 3 or 4 minutes at the time in MONTHS. Finished in 34:43, so I'm feeling kinda like Harrison at the moment!

Can we celebrate together? :cheer2:

Jackie

Way to go, Jackie and Harrison.......both the injured and the young have whooped my sorry butt!

Kinda glad this is the last week of the challenge......I have WDW trip/vacation coming up next week and that's not very good for a weight-loss challenge.

Congrats Jackie, Harrison and Tandy!! WTG :)

What is everyone doing to celebrate?

Well, I am finally gettting around to announcing our big winner this week. Beth is our official points winner with 6.0!:cheer2: Congratulations Beth.
Jeanne is our official weight loss % winner! :cheer2:Congratulations Jeanne.

I have nothing to report here. Harrison was just as active as always yesterday and his legs were never hurting until he fell down a huge hill during an Air Soft war! He ended up coming in 2nd in his age group in the race yesterday! Of course, there were only 4 boys under 16 running, but still, he did great.

I was looking at the results and think I'm going to run it again next year for a win. The woman that came in first finished with 7:43 miles and, if I push myself, I could beat that. It would hurt really bad, but I think it's possible. The competitor in me is coming out! :lmao:

Jackie: Great job on your race. You and Harrison are almost exactly the same pace, wow! And, considering you are recovering from surgery, even more impressive. How are you feeling now?

Jeanne: Have a great trip! Wish I could hide in your suitcase. ;) Where are you staying? How long will you be in the World?

Vicky: Thanks. Harrison ended up celebrating with a sleepover, pizza, soda, chips and Skittles. I am surprised he's not sick now. They had a pancake breakfast after the race, and I splurged on that because it was his first race. So, we chowed down all day! :thumbsup2

Just a few more days of challenge left. I hope everyone is rallying. I hope to get back to where I was a week and a half ago, but not holding out too much hope. The important thing is that I think we all were more aware and accountable and that's a good thing!:thumbsup2

So what do I do with a disc herniation (facing surgery in a month, officially confirmed by the doc.....darn-it) I run 6 miles as part of a relay of a marathon. I had confirmed this a long time ago, and felt like I should run as it is the last time I can before going under the knife. I finished the six miles with a pace of 12 min miles (a miracle I ). Now, I am suffering (actually suffered while running). I am stupid, I know.

Harrison: Congrats buddy on a race well done. You have every right to be proud (as does your mom!)

Jackie: WTG! I am glad the first run was a successful one!

Jeanne: Have a blast on vacation......I told Nancy, vacation is to let loose and have a good time. That includes the food and wine!!

***now slinking away to nurse the battle wounds......

Beth

Tandy: we'll be leaving Thursday for 3 days at Beach club villas, then a 4-day and 3-day back-to-back cruise on the Dream. (2 stops at Castaway Cay......yay!) Finally, when we return, we'll stay a final night at BCV. Nancy and Norm will stay even longer. I'm doing the Williamsburg half-marathon the weekend after I return, so I will have an incentive to exercise and eat healthy. That also means I will limit myself to a max of 2 drinks a day so I'll have to choose wisely!

Maria: I may also be unable to make the Hershey event this year. My husband and I are leaving early Wednesday for a conference and it may just be too much to pack into a one-nighter. It's not a definite no-go, but I need to put some more thought into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter