• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Working Out

DVCJman

Hilton Head DVC Owner
A member in my party needs access to free weights for two days while at WDW. Are there any places on-site that have free weights for working out or is everything machine based?

I have used both the exercise room at Corando Springs and the spa at the Grand Floridian last year. I used free weights in both instances. I would call them to make sure they are still available. Enjoy!;)

hi: my son said they have a limited number of free weights in the gym at the bwv; it was mostly machines.

I also believe there are some free weights at OKW!! Can't say I spend much time in the exercise room though!!!!!!!! I did notice alot of exercise machines, bikes, steppers etc. and it was relatively empty!!!

I admire those who have the will power and determination to work out at WDW when there are sooooo many other things to do! LOL!! ;) But in all seriousness, DH is a weightlifting fanatic and enjoys his exercise. BWV has an excellent weightlifting facility near the lobby entrance. I think all you need to do is show your resort ID. I know the GF also has an excellent gym too. Have fun!! :D

BWV has free weights in their gym. OKW has a much smaller gym and they have mostly machines. Haven't stayed at the VWL yet, so I can't comment. Your best bet is BWV - the gym is really pretty good.

Wasnt impressed with the weights at OKW. VWL looked like BW mostly machines. But I think with DVC membership you get 10% off at Disney Institute where the Pacers have trained :)

We used the workout facility when we were at the BWV in May. They do have free weights, in addition to several Cybex machines. There is even a free weight frame for the heavy duty stuff. Don't remember what the free weight situation was at OKW, as we were just starting our workouts when we visited there. There is no charge for DVC members at BWV and OKW. WLV has a good facility with both Cybex and free weights. Not sure about a charge there. Have a great trip!
Joe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter