World of Color Dessert Party Questions (NYE? Rain?)

RoseColored97

DIS Veteran
We are going to be doing the WOC dessert party on New Year's Eve. There is a chance of rain, do they have umbrellas for the dessert party guests if it happens to be raining during the show? I'm just thinking the logistics of eating the desserts without getting rained on.

Also - what time is it appropriate to start lining up for check-in? I normally do a whole bunch of research but time has slipped away before our trip! lol

We have Blue Bayou for the second fantasmic show tomorrow. We are thinking of cancelling because of the rain. We are doing the dessert party tonight. What did you decide to do?

We have Blue Bayou for the second fantasmic show tomorrow. We are thinking of cancelling because of the rain. We are doing the dessert party tonight. What did you decide to do?
We cancelled it earlier today because it didn't sound fun to sit in the rain and based on the forecast it looks almost certain that it will be raining all day tomorrow. I read a review that someone else gave about seeing it in the rain and that their seats were totally wet so I guess they don't set up umbrellas. Bummer, because I was looking forward to it but oh well. It'll still be fun, though. At least if we don't do those it frees up the evening for rides.

You'll have to let me know how it is tonight!

Yes, no umbrellas. We were told that we might want to get something to use as a covering for the seats. I’ve torn some bags as the hi tops look like canvas. Currently waiting to be walked over. We decided to cancel F! Tomorrow. Frankly we would have cancelled tonight, but guest services said no exceptions.

It would be so easy to set up this system in the app. Two lines to go through the process is such a time suck.

Happy New Year! Hope you have a great time!

You made the right choice! We stuck with our reservations for last night, not because I was feeling optimistic, but more because I ended up feeling stubborn about my New Year’s Eve plan. I thankfully have a family who love me very much, lol, because we were pretty much drowned rats before we even got walked over to be seated!

We never even opened our dessert dishes because the rain was coming down so hard the food would have been ruined. We were joking with our servers about “adding a little water” to our drinks. DD 20 and DD 16 had hot chocolates with lids, but one of my drinks actually ended up spilling over with rain water.

I will say this. The servers were great! And we enjoyed joking around with them and the other guests seated near us. When the announcement came on that said “guests might get wet” we all laughed so hard I almost couldn’t breathe! All in all it was a memorable evening and while I don’t actually regret doing the show in a rain storm, it’s probably not something I’d recommend for the average park goer.

You made the right choice! We stuck with our reservations for last night, not because I was feeling optimistic, but more because I ended up feeling stubborn about my New Year’s Eve plan. I thankfully have a family who love me very much, lol, because we were pretty much drowned rats before we even got walked over to be seated!

We never even opened our dessert dishes because the rain was coming down so hard the food would have been ruined. We were joking with our servers about “adding a little water” to our drinks. DD 20 and DD 16 had hot chocolates with lids, but one of my drinks actually ended up spilling over with rain water.

I will say this. The servers were great! And we enjoyed joking around with them and the other guests seated near us. When the announcement came on that said “guests might get wet” we all laughed so hard I almost couldn’t breathe! All in all it was a memorable evening and while I don’t actually regret doing the show in a rain storm, it’s probably not something I’d recommend for the average park goer.
We have reservations on Wednesday. Here's hoping that the rain lets up. Because I, too, am stubborn...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter