World of color dessert party?!

Thanks so much guys for the observation and first hand reporting! Can you say what type of desserts were served? Did everyone get exactly the same?

I'd love to know where Carthay circle dining package is located since this dessert party started!! Is it one tier up, in the middle of the circle??? TIA

Does anyone have any photos the can share of the seating area, the view, or the desserts (it's all about the food ;) )?

I'd love to know where Carthay circle dining package is located since this dessert party started!! Is it one tier up, in the middle of the circle??? TIA
The dessert party location was previously a blue fastpass, the Carthay Circle dining area has not changed.
Carthay Circle area is located to the right (facing the water) of the dessert package.
WOC Superthread has more details about the locations for the dining packages.

Looking forward to photos & more details about the desserts served. Even with the high cost it seems worth it to me (for myself only) to not have to stand for 2 hours.

My husband thinks this is the way to go on our next trip - also looking forward to pictures and more details!

The dessert party location was previously a blue fastpass, the Carthay Circle dining area has not changed.
Carthay Circle area is located to the right (facing the water) of the dessert package.
WOC Superthread has more details about the locations for the dining packages.
Thank you!! I'm taking my mom o a special trip and have never been to cc. We couldn't afford the dessert party prices so lunch it is for us. I was worried we wouldn't have a good view anymore because it might have been moved or something. Feel much better now :worship:

Just reserved for May 16th. Looks like there will only be one showing that day at 8:15pm, which probably means the park closes at 8pm that day.

I think it's worth it for me and the hubs too when we go in August. Just the thought of not having to stand around at the end of the night is sooo nice. Worth the cost!

I think it's worth it for me and the hubs too when we go in August. Just the thought of not having to stand around at the end of the night is sooo nice. Worth the cost!

I know what you mean! The idea of actual seats is so appealing at the end of the day. We just came back from Epcot, where their special dessert party was standing room only... we said no thanks and watched Illuminations from a nice table at one of their restaurants. After walking almost 10 miles each day the last thing I want to do is stand for a couple of hours. ;)

I know what you mean! The idea of actual seats is so appealing at the end of the day. We just came back from Epcot, where their special dessert party was standing room only... we said no thanks and watched Illuminations from a nice table at one of their restaurants. After walking almost 10 miles each day the last thing I want to do is stand for a couple of hours. ;)
That is why I am doing it. After dealing with hip injury & plantar fasciitis standing for nearly 2 hours is no longer possible for me.

I also feel like it'll be a nice and relaxing way to end my DL vaca so I'm planning on booking it on my last day.

I'm thinking it may be worth it for us too.

I don't want to spend too much time doing table service that day because we only have 1 DCA park day, & none of the options for the dinner package thrilled us.

I know it's pricey buttttt we'll be on our honeymoon!

World of Color Dessert Party Information
  • Tickets are $79 which includes seats for the show (no need for a fastpass), dessert and cheese plate with bread basket, unlimited hot beverages (coffee, decaf, tea, hot chocolate) and a choice of champagne( didn't ask what kind it was) or specialty cocktail (something blue with lemonade and vodka). Kids version of the specialty drink are available.
  • You can purchase online, over the phone (Disney dine line) or at the golden vine winery up to 60 days in advance, day of or anytime in between. City Hall does not sell these tickets.
  • The viewing area is in the lower tier of the blue section also known as "3-d". (Refer to WOC map) Stroller parking inside the viewing area (but not next to your table unless your table is next to stroller parking) ADA accessible.
  • High and low tables available with chairs. The main difference between this and Fantasmic is that you get a table to sit at with a china plate and silverware. Swanky! each table sits 4 so if you are more than 4 you'll be sitting at more than one table. If you are two or less you maybe sharing a table (we did share a table with a nice couple we met in line).
  • Check in starts 45 mins before the start of the show and you can sit right away if you like. You don't have to sit or check in until you are ready. Unlike the Fantasmic Premium Viewing, there are no bad seats so coming late doesn't mean you have a bad view. There is a "WOC Dessert Party" sign and a host across from the little mermaid ride.
  • The view from this section is great. The tiered nature of the viewing area means you can sit and still be able to see everything and also are not blocking anyone behind you.
  • Dietary requests are honored as long as you make note of it during the reservation process.
  • 3 kinds of cheese: cheddar, manchego, brie
  • desserts: waffle bowl with mousse and berries, chocolate cake, coconut macaroon and French macaroon, cookie with caramel filling, grapes. Doesn't look like it but it is really filling.
  • We didn't get wet in this section. Maybe on a windy night it'll get a little wet. On a calm night you are far enough back that you don't get wet.
  • The viewing area for Carthay, GVW and Ariels have not changed. They are in the same place and are still standing only areas.
  • You have your own server who brings everything to your table. The service is great and makes this experience even better.
  • The convenience of sitting, being served and not having to wait for a fastpass makes this a winner. Nice way to treat yo self

do you just get the one dessert and cheese plate? i did the wishes dessert party at the magic kingdom a couple of years ago and it was a self-serve unlimited buffet, so i'm curious if this is different since you're being served!

do you just get the one dessert and cheese plate? i did the wishes dessert party at the magic kingdom a couple of years ago and it was a self-serve unlimited buffet, so i'm curious if this is different since you're being served!
you only get the one plate but it is quite filling especially if you have already had dinner. the desserts and cheese are rich. I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet but when I do I have a few. There are pictures on yelp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter