World of Color in rain?

edhmom

DIS Veteran
What happens with World of Color when it rains? Does is continue? Cancel?
I have a dessert party reserved and I understand that happens rain or shine. I am not inclined to pay that price for just dessert, I'm mainly paying for a seat at a table during the show, so I would cancel the dessert party. However, if WOC runs rain or shine, then I don't mind sitting in the rain.
I'm just trying to figure out my options in advance so I'm prepared.
Thanks!

We did the Dessert Party last New Year's Eve during a rainstorm. They still ran WOC. They gave us the dessert plate with a plastic cover, so we could save it for later. We still had out drinks. it was raining so hard we had to squeegee water off the table every few minutes. Most people picked up their desserts and left. We were one of a handful of tables that stayed for the show. We were soaked by the end of the show, even with jackets. It is now one of most memorable Disney moments.

We were there just a week ago in the rain. They said it’s only cancelled during thunderstorms or very high winds. The cast member who showed us to our table wiped off the chairs before we sat down, but they were still fairly wet. Two out of four of us broke down and bought ponchos ahead of time. We were very happy to have them. It was nice to have the plastic because of the wet seat, and it was warmer with the extra layer. We had the dessert plates in containers too, and they even brought lids to cover our drinks so they wouldn’t get watered down by the rain.
It ended up being a beautiful show, especially since we hadn’t seen the holiday version before!

I was there last week in the rain as well. Steady rain all day and night but we toughed it out. When they started checking people in, they did offer refunds to those who wanted to cancel but most people decided to keep their reservations. I was also told rain or shine, only canceled for high winds and/or lightning.

Desserts came in a plastic container with a lid. Seats were wet but our ponchos helped. Everyone at our table (our Group of 2 and another group of 2) were offered more than one alcoholic beverage. Not sure if it was because our waitress was new and didn’t know the rules or if it was them just taking pity on us for sitting in the rain.

I’ve been to the second show, following a huge downpour during the first show. I’d definitely recommend having something on hand to sit on. An extra poncho or even a garbage bag. The canvas seats on the directors chairs were so wet they were holding a puddle.

My friend was there on 11/15, the day of the rain/drizzle at 8pm reservation time. All the food was in a box. He wore a poncho and loved the holiday show. He was told unless there are high winds the show and severe thunderstorms the show goes on.

Thank you so much everybody. I appreciate all the first hand experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter