World of Color Not Showing in January?

rah729

Earning My Ears
I was planning on getting a WOC dining package for January, but it looks like there aren’t any available after 1/7, which is the same time the other rides are closing to make room for Pixar Pier. Did they announce that WOC would be on hiatus as well? I don’t recall reading that anywhere...

Hmmm. I have not heard of WOC going down during the Pixar Pier conversion. However, it seems clear something needs to change with the show since WOC uses CA Screamin' and Mickey's Fun Wheel as part of the show. Maybe they are having to re-think this? And they are not ready to commit to shows in January yet?

:wizard:

Sometimes WOC does go down in January. It has done before and comes back mid January.

I guess they have to ‘reset’ it from the Season of Light show back to the normal show.

Touring Plans has a list of the past refurbishments for WoC. They've been scattered throughout January and February mostly, so it's possible that WoC is going down for a refurbishment after the holidays end. It's also possible that they haven't committed to a schedule yet (a lot of the schedule will change when the Holiday season ends and it's happened before that they're slow to load the dining packages when "seasons" change) or it could have something to do with the Pixar Pier conversion.

Oh I hope this isn't the case! This was #1 on our list since I am quite sure we will be missing F! We will be there on 1/15.

Can confirm - tried to book a WOC dinner package for 1/16 and was told that the whole pier area would be closed to begin construction. Yes, it's a CM over the phone telling me this, but nothing official.

Any updates on this? I'm going in mid-January and am hoping to see World of Color! It looks like I'm able to book a dessert party, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Any updates on this? I'm going in mid-January and am hoping to see World of Color! It looks like I'm able to book a dessert party, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I booked a World of Color dining package for January 10th last week... and it's listed on the entertainment schedule for that day, so it looks to me that it will be running in January.

I agree; if they've opened up the reservations for WoC Dining and Dessert Parties, that's a pretty good indicator that they plan to present it on that day. I would go ahead and make the reservation now, while there are slots available. It's better to have the reservation in hand, then to wait and have it book up on your date of interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter