World of Color Seating

snoope

Earning My Ears
Im travelling with 2 seniors in their late 80s. They want to see WOC.They are capable of walking but not standing waiting,and then watching the show.What choices do i have to get them seating?

I agree with what others have said here. The WOC Dessert Party gives you a place to sit and a fantastic view of the show. There are also things to nibble on, but it's more of a snack than a real meal.

Im travelling with 2 seniors in their late 80s. They want to see WOC.They are capable of walking but not standing waiting,and then watching the show.What choices do i have to get them seating?
I had watched WOC in the general viewing area along with everyone else many times.

The last time (2015) I watched from the general viewing area, I got shoved and pushed around by a parent trying to get a better view for their kid at the last minute, I won't do it again. It was rude and a brutal experience.

I totally agree with ParkHopper1!!
Since then the only way I will watch WOC is with a WOC Dessert Party Reservation.

Good morning,

This is my exact question today! So I'd really like to see World of Color when I'm at Disneyland in November (busy time--Thanksgiving holiday). Anyway, I currently have a knee injury and can't stand for too long. I'm there two nights and would like to see it twice (yeah, I know, what can I say, I love color!! :P). I'll pay once for the dessert party, but not twice. I am very curious about the dining packages.

Website says you can have lunch or dinner at Wine Country Trattoria and ask server to purchase dining package, and then if available, get tickets to special area. Has anyone done this? We'd like to eat dinner at the Trattoria and I wonder if there will be availability left for dining package seating tickets? And I think years ago maybe I did this and it was a ticket to sit on the grass, and was very crowded anyway, so really not sure it's worth it anyway.

Also if anyone has tips for a good viewing spot where you could sit on a bench, curb, or similar (someplace not too crowded) could you post it? I'm pretty sure this is wishful thinking . . . .

Have a great day! :)

Good morning,

This is my exact question today! So I'd really like to see World of Color when I'm at Disneyland in November (busy time--Thanksgiving holiday). Anyway, I currently have a knee injury and can't stand for too long. I'm there two nights and would like to see it twice (yeah, I know, what can I say, I love color!! :P). I'll pay once for the dessert party, but not twice. I am very curious about the dining packages.

Website says you can have lunch or dinner at Wine Country Trattoria and ask server to purchase dining package, and then if available, get tickets to special area. Has anyone done this? We'd like to eat dinner at the Trattoria and I wonder if there will be availability left for dining package seating tickets? And I think years ago maybe I did this and it was a ticket to sit on the grass, and was very crowded anyway, so really not sure it's worth it anyway.

Also if anyone has tips for a good viewing spot where you could sit on a bench, curb, or similar (someplace not too crowded) could you post it? I'm pretty sure this is wishful thinking . . . .

Just know that the lunch/dinner dining packages only get you a reserved spot in a standing area, no seating for the show.
The only way to get an actual seat for the show is the dessert party.

We just did Storytellers dining package, we have done the dessert party multiple times, but dd is not really a fan of the dessert box, so it’s kinda a waste on her. Anyhow, we showed up to get into the dining package area at 9:40 for the 10:15 show. The area was fantastic and we sat on steps until they told general admission to stand, they made the people in the regular areas stand 15 minutes before the show started, but never said anything to us, but we had to stand to see over the general admission when the show started. It was great spot to watch from and sitting on the steps was great, but you do have to stand to see the show unless you are seated at the dessert party tables.

Was there any problem getting tickets from you Storytellers server? Wondering if the packages reach capacity and run out. Thank you!

Good morning,

I don’t know what capacity is but when we did this, there was a TON of room in the reserved viewing area and we went during a busy season (I think Thanksgiving week). I doubt they sell out.

Was there any problem getting tickets from you Storytellers server? Wondering if the packages reach capacity and run out. Thank you!
No, but we did have a 5 pm dinner… we were asked which show, so they had both shows at that point. This was for a Saturday night on a fairly busy Saturday… the 9th of September.

Last edited:
We had someone in our party on a scooter and we got into the accessible section. DD, DH and I sat on the ground, the person using the scooter stayed in the scooter and his wife (also has mobility issues but no scooter) was able to sit on a bench.

If I remember correctly there were only a couple of benches available in the area.

Last edited:
The only choice for guaranteed seating is the WOC dessert party. It's $89 a person. You get desserts, cheese, fruit and drinks, plus a great view of the show.

Not entirely true, as guests who book Premium VIP Tours also have access to a reserved seating area. Yes, we're talking thousands of dollars vs. hundreds, but it *is* an option for guaranteed seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter