World of Disney in NYC

Dznefreek

DIS Veteran
Today's Sentinel had a small blurb in the CFB stating the DS in NYC will reopen in October as the "World of Disney" store. It will incorporate character meet and greets which will occur everyday.

Here's a Link to the discussion we've been having on the subject since 5/15/04

Sarangel

Originally posted by Dznefreek
Today's Sentinel had a small blurb in the CFB stating the DS in NYC will reopen in October as the "World of Disney" store. It will incorporate character meet and greets which will occur everyday.

Oh wow, I hope this is true. I am going to NYC in October to see Wicked (the broadway play). I would love to check out the new "World of Disney." :tongue:

We went to NYC last weekend and were disappointed to see the Disneystore closed for remodeling.:(

I work in the city and walk by the store almost every day. It says WORLD OF DISNEY - OPENING IN OCTOBER! I cannot wait!!!!

I plan on taking a trip up to New York in early November. if the Disney store will be open then, I will go inside and check it out. I don't think I have ever been to the one in the city. I always used to go to the local one that was in Staten Island. what was funny though, was that last time I was there, it was still open. and that was just about a week ago.

I just have a weird question...are you a fan of Joe McIntyre? The reason I am asking is that he will be staring in WICKED, which I seen that you are going to see. Just curious.

Which one was open a week ago? I speak of the Disney store that is on 5th avenue and 55th street. I think it has been closed for a couple of weeks now but I cannot be to sure. I am positive it is currently closed and will open in october. It should be open in November. So you can enjoy it on your trip.

Originally posted by twinz
I just have a weird question...are you a fan of Joe McIntyre? The reason I am asking is that he will be staring in WICKED, which I seen that you are going to see. Just curious.
Hi Twinz,
Not really a fan of Joey McIntyre (don't dislike either :)). The story just kind of peaked my interest.
I really like the wizard of Oz and was told that the story is told from the Wiked Witches point of view.

My DF and I are going to see it on Halloween weekend :)

So what part is Joey playing? A lot of the singers from the boy bands seem to be getting into Broadway (just an observation). Oh and don't worry it wasn't a strange question.

I have no idea what part Joe is playing in WICKED. I never even knew what the play was about, sounds interesting though. Have a great time (and thanks for your reply!).
:D :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter