World of Disney Store

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
Just saw the article posted about the renovation of the Disney Store in DS. The photos make it look so bare. I know a lot of people thought it was a bit dated but to me, it was just classic. I feel like the theming is non-existent. So disappointing when shopping with little kids then again perhaps the theming was a distraction from the purpose of the store which as we well know is to sell, sell, sell.

Just saw the article posted about the renovation of the Disney Store in DS. The photos make it look so bare. I know a lot of people thought it was a bit dated but to me, it was just classic. I feel like the theming is non-existent. So disappointing when shopping with little kids then again perhaps the theming was a distraction from the purpose of the store which as we well know is to sell, sell, sell.
That is a sad turn of events.

The last time we went to Downtown Disney many years ago, the highlight was the World of Disney Store. We bought so many great things there for DD.

We didn’t return on our last trip because I haven’t been a fan of that area since they closed Pleasure Island. DD is too old for toys now. I don’t plan on going to Disney Springs because it doesn’t have anything that I am interested in.

Disney took the one good thing there and ruined it.

I was there in March and thought the store was half the size. It was sooooo crowded, I could be wrong. I don't plan on returning to the World of Disney Store or Disney Springs. I don't think there is much Disney about it. The magic is gone for us.

I just saw the pictures and said aloud, "blehh where is the theming, this looks awful".

I understand the trend in general (restaurants, hotels, ect.), is to maintain an appearance which is streamlined and simplified. However, this is the World of Disney, is should be vibrant and campy. I'll avoid a rant, but this is appalling. So bland!!!

(I hope there are others who share my disgust!!)

Last edited:
They took the Disney out of Disney Springs, I can skip a trip to an outdoor shopping mall.
I agree we were there this past Thursday night and it was just packed with people. The world of Disney store was the reason we trekked over there on our last night so my daughter could look around and it was absolutely ridiculous! You could hardly move in there or around Disney springs. Needless to say we won't be returning there any time soon.

I disagree with most of the above. I like Disney Springs now more than ever. The "old" side still has the Disney feel, IMO and the new side can satisfy anyone's shopping fancy (though it is nothing more than an outdoor mall).

We were just in the World of Disney a few days ago. Yes, it's currently 1/4 of it's old size, but that's because my understanding is that it's being renovated. Can't wait to see the new one!

EDIT: Just saw the post above, guess it's open now. I'd have to see it in person, but I have nothing against what I see in pictures. In fact, I kind of like it. My one criticism of the old store was there wasn't much room for a lot of guests to move around, this one looks more "open concept".

So I had to o some searching to see it and in the searching I found this on DisneyParks blog:

"When the interior redesign work is completed, guests will discover the products they love from Disney Parks in a dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment."

I didn't see anything distinctively Disney in those renovations

Ah they condensed the merchandise to make room for all the people that overcrowd the store. Just a guess but rarely does Disney do what they do for impractical reasons.

It does say Grand Reopening Fall 2018 - is there a possibility of more theming or more merchandise by then?

That is a sad turn of events.

The last time we went to Downtown Disney many years ago, the highlight was the World of Disney Store. We bought so many great things there for DD.

We didn’t return on our last trip because I haven’t been a fan of that area since they closed Pleasure Island. DD is too old for toys now. I don’t plan on going to Disney Springs because it doesn’t have anything that I am interested in.

Disney took the one good thing there and ruined it.

I believe you might be in the minority with that view of Disney Springs. Most of the reviews have been very positive.

I like the new look, but part of the fun of the store was all of the characters above you. Every time I went in there I saw something new.

Oh no! I loved the way it was, looking up and seeing the characters and things.. We always started our trips there it was so magical and exciting.. Now its just ordinary with Disney merchandise.. How sad..

We’ve only ever gone in there just to peruse, not for the ambience. The pictures remind me of an Old Navy, not your average Disney Store. It does seem like there’s more room to maneuver, but the selection appears to be lacking. At least that my take from looking at 2-3 pictures.

I was there in March and thought the store was half the size. It was sooooo crowded, I could be wrong. I don't plan on returning to the World of Disney Store or Disney Springs. I don't think there is much Disney about it. The magic is gone for us.

Yes, it was purposely half the size! They were renovating the other half! We were there in April, and yes, it was crowded. Lots of stuff was 'scrunched' in that space, plus lots was unavailable there, but some was at the other toy store.

I, too, preferred the 'old' look vs. the new. Now has a warehouse look which could be found lots of places with different merchandise. Their 'new and improved' looks almost always (to me) end up being for the worse - just like the 'old' & 'new' Polynesian lobby. I hate these type changes.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter