• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World Passport Maui Hawaii Question......

Martinvols

Mouseketeer
Am I correct in my understanding that the Marriott Maui Ocean Club would be considered part of the World Passport collection. If so, a 1 BR would cost 144 points in midseason. This is a pretty good deal. What is low, mid and high season for Hawaii? Thanks!

Actually, HAwaii is high season year round, so it would e 160 points. Still a good deal if you ask me!

Keep in mind that just because it's listed in II, it doesn't mean it would be easy to get or not.

First, someone owning there has to trade out. To those owners it's a lot like we DVC owners. We bought to stay at DVC, not to trade out. Likewise they paid big bucks for their timeshare. Most likely they paid more for that than any of us paid for an equivalent 7-days at DVC.

Second, if someone does trade out, other Marriott owners get first pick at the resort.

Third, if it finally goes out for general trade, then DVC is one step up as being a better trade so in this case we'd have a better chance than someone owning some other non-Marriott resort. I would recon the competition would be more between DVC, Hilton, Hyatt etc, as to who got the reservation.

Also, as Diane mentioned, it's all red season, but not all red is equal. Don't even think about the possibility of getting a week for example at Christmas.

Bill is absolutely correct about the chances when you look at a specific resort. If you are looking to trade into a location like Hawaii, it is best to be very open ended on your request. When we did a Hawaii exchange, we started our search 2 years out and said "any resort on Kauai, Maui, or Hawaii" from January-June. After that first exchange was in place, we then did a search for something a week either side of that first one. My first point was that it did indeed only cost us 160 points per week.

I haven't pinned DVC down on the new system but under the old system, HI was not high season all year. It was low at least Sept and part of Oct. But it does go resort by resort so it could vary.

Dean, the guide book says it is high all year. Are you saying it isn't necessarily?

dianeschlicht said:
Dean, the guide book says it is high all year. Are you saying it isn't necessarily?
I don't think the guidebook breaks down the DVC seasons since it actually goes resort by resort. Be aware that the red season for II definitely doesn't mean it's HIGH season for DVC. DVC's high season is going to be the peak times which will be a portion of the red time for II but not all of it. Does that make sense?

We took our first trip to Hawaii in May of this year. Check websites to see if owners are "renting" out their weeks. We stayed at the Maui Embassy Suites Kaanapali (LOVED IT!) and were able to get a ressie for my parents for $1300 for the week. It may be better to rent your DVC points adn then get your own guaranteed reservation. It was really easy to do. Just a suggestion...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter