World Series on the ship

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
We sail Oct 29th, game 4 of the WS. Considering the Red Sox will be playing ;), any chance the Magic will air it, even though it is on FOX and not ESPN?

Then, if it is not a sweep, we could enjoy the rest of the series on the cruise...hopefully if DCL is nice and allows us to watch a channel other than their own.

You should be able to watch it. They often have been sporting events showing even if they are not on ESPN.

As long as you are in range of a satellite, they will have the game in the pub. Sometimes they have the US network broadcast, but they could also have the international feed. Only difference is the announcers.

I would assume they would play the World Series. When I was on the Fantasy this summer, it was during the COPA America (I'm a big soccer fan). They didn't show the U.S.A. 3rd place match vs. Columbia, but I was eventually ok with it since the U.S.A. lost. :(

We were on the Fantasy in May during the NBA Finals and one of the first nights they played it in the Pub, the other 2 nights they broadcast the games on the Funnel Vision screen by the pool. The area was packed both nights with people watching.

We were on the Fantasy last year to watch my Mets lose in the WS. :sad: They had the games on the stateroom TVs. In the Pub, we had to specifically request it and the bartender made it happen twice, but it wasn't a simple thing. They had to call some Tech guy to come do it for them and it took quite a bit of time. One of the nights we went to the Pub rather than staying in our room was a game that was on at the same time as a few NFL games so that was what made it especially tricky. They put the WS on only the two small TVs behind the bar on the NFL night, another night we got one of the big screen. So it's not a definite that it'll be on in the pubs, but it always seemed to air in the staterooms, regardless of channel. The pub also had a daily game schedule and it never mentioned the WS, but if you ask they try their hardest to make it happen, but they don't have full control of what airs in the Pub. I expected them to put the WS on the big screen but it never happened. Only NFL games. I also was surprised the second night in the pub when we had to request it and their was not any NFL games, only international soccer & it was still a big to do to see the games.

I will be at WDW during the WS but I will not have to worry about seeing the games. :sad:

We were on the Fantasy last year to watch my Mets lose in the WS. :sad: They had the games on the stateroom TVs. In the Pub, we had to specifically request it and the bartender made it happen twice, but it wasn't a simple thing. They had to call some Tech guy to come do it for them and it took quite a bit of time. One of the nights we went to the Pub rather than staying in our room was a game that was on at the same time as a few NFL games so that was what made it especially tricky. They put the WS on only the two small TVs behind the bar on the NFL night, another night we got one of the big screen. So it's not a definite that it'll be on in the pubs, but it always seemed to air in the staterooms, regardless of channel. The pub also had a daily game schedule and it never mentioned the WS, but if you ask they try their hardest to make it happen, but they don't have full control of what airs in the Pub. I expected them to put the WS on the big screen but it never happened. Only NFL games. I also was surprised the second night in the pub when we had to request it and their was not any NFL games, only international soccer & it was still a big to do to see the games.

I will be at WDW during the WS but I will not have to worry about seeing the games. :sad:

I think I would have preferred being with you on the cruise then being in the stands to watch it live :sad:. At least on a cruise I could have drowned my sorrows with Disney.

We are Mets fans and we were also on DCL during the World Series. There were not many Mets fans
on board. You might have luck seeing it in the Pub but no guarantee. On Saturday night I was overruled
by College Football fans. They didn't care about baseball. I pleaded with the bartender to put it on the
small tv in the corner. On the night of the final game I watched it on Funnel Vision out by the pool in the
pouring rain. You will also get it on your stateroom TV.

I think I would have preferred being with you on the cruise then being in the stands to watch it live :sad:. At least on a cruise I could have drowned my sorrows with Disney.

True, but we had to continue our cruise with Royals fans celebrating their win, Royals fans we had spent a many nights in the Pub with previously. :sad2:

True, but we had to continue our cruise with Royals fans celebrating their win, Royals fans we had spent a many nights in the Pub with previously. :sad2:
We are from NJ but we were on the Wonder EBPC cruise from San Diego to Galveston. There were 100+ Royals
Fans and 10 Met fans on board. I had to suffer thru the last out surrounded by Royals Fans outside by the Pool in the rain.

We are from NJ but we were on the Wonder EBPC cruise from San Diego to Galveston. There were 100+ Royals
Fans and 10 Met fans on board. I had to suffer thru the last out surrounded by Royals Fans outside by the Pool in the rain.

As a Royals fan, I can say that I have been in your shoes before. When the Anaheim Ducks were in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and facing the Chicago Blackhawks 2 years ago, I felt like I was the only Anaheim Ducks fan on the ship. It kinda made it for an uncomfortable experience at times. it was weird too, because they advertised the game in the Navigator, but the game went into 3 OT, and Disney stopped showing it after the 2 OT due to contract restrictions. So, sometimes they can't get the games if they don't have the contract to show them.

Last edited:
To the Blue Jay and Red Sox fans concerned about missing the World Series while on the cruise, I have good news for you! :scratchin

As a Tigers fan deep within Indians country though, I feel for you. Went out to dinner with my family and father and we left just before the end of the game to avoid the celebration. Oh well, go Cubs I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter