World Showcase Back Entrance??

GOODFELLA

ALWAYS DISNEY BOUND
I posted this some time ago has anyone heard whats going on,is it still in the works?
P.S. Sorry it's in caps,it's a bad habbit.

World Showcase....back Entrance ?

WHAT A GREAT IDEA !!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD FOR THIS FOR ALONG TIME. I JUST READ ABOUT EPCOT MAKING SOME AWSOME RENOVATIONS AND 1 OF THEM IS THE BACK ENTRANCES TO THEIR RESTAURANTS IN WORLD SHOWCASE.I IMAGINE THEY WILL NOW HAVE TURN STILES LIKE THEY DO AT THE RAIN FOREST IN AK SO PEOPLE CANT SNEAK IN ONCE THEY R IN THE RESTAURANTS. BUT THE ONLY THING THAT CONCERNS ME IS HOW ARE THEY GONG TO TAKE RESERVATIONS WHAT IF I PAID AND I'M ALREADY IN EPCOT & WANT TO EAT IN ITALY.... OH WELL I'LL WORRIE ABOUT THAT LATER

The back gate is just that..............a back gate.
You must have a park ticket to get in, just like in front.
The main purpose of this gate is for boat transportation from MGM and Epcot resort areas.

I think he is asking about the rumor that they will add a parking lot back behind the American adventure, etc., back there by the first station, across from cbr or okw area, and have a separate entrance back there for local folks with an epcot after 4 pass to come in and have dinner. This goes along with the "project gemini" rumors - the idea is to add another new gate to WS. I don't know if it will happen or not, but it would be nice for local folks.

OK. I get it now.
But sorry GOODFELLA, if they do this it would be for local residents only.

Epcot has a service road that circles the park. It provides the backstage access and support much in the same manner that the tunnels (actually the first level) of MK and the similar circular service roads at MGM and AK.

Disney is very protective of its backstage areas and since 9/11 that has only become a greater concern. I was backstage on a field trip this sping and the security at the checkpoints and around us was significant.

I don't know how they would create backstage entrances for restaruants in World Showcase without rethinking their backstage support system. That would be a significant cost for a marginal gain.

For Project Gemini discussion go to this link:

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/main/index.htm?../about/notfound.html~contentFrame

You may need to click on archives and scroll down to 2/19/03 article on the project.

Visiting EPCOT earlier this year with my older parents (older than me of course!), I realized how difficult it is getting around WS.

Firstly, the bus around the lagoon is gone, the Friendship boats are sporadic, and according to my Mother, don't go where they are supposed to.

The walk from the buses is a long, long way (couldn't they drop off right in front then swing around to pick people up?). Too long for my Dad. Instead they took a bus to YC/BC, then the boat to near France.

We had a dinner res at Italy at 6pm. They left WL at 4:30 and were 1/2 late.

Also, we watched Illuminations then went through YC/BC to get a bus to Marketplace, then to our hotel because the walk to the bus was jus too far.

EPCOT really is backwards. They probably didn't realize when they built it that all the activity at the end of the day would be in the far end of the park (Illuminations and restaurants).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter