World Showcase Players

Goofy2015

To Hakuna Matata and Beyond
It is unfortunate that Disney decided to cut the World Showcase Players from their entertainment at Epcot. I have been to Disney World in the neighborhood of 28 times since 1994. I have always enjoyed the World Showcase Players from when I was in Middle School to High School to College to now. Even though it was the same show either King Arthur or Christmas Carol, each show was unique. It was a great show that you didn't have to wait in line for, provided audience participation, and a great show to enjoy a beer with. I even remember when the World Showcase Players would travel over to France from the UK for more shows.

I am not sure why Disney had to cut the show, if it really had to do with budget cuts it is rather sad. I don't think your high up executive understands the potential revenue being lost from cutting the show. I am not sure about anyone else. I know I would go out of my way from the otherside of the park, grab a beer $6-$8 and watch the show. I am sure I am not the only one that did that. I know they may be bringing in new entertainment, which I heard it was celtic music (smh), but it is unfortunate that this had to end. This upsets more then alot of the rides that they have cut lately.

I am not sure what Disney's next move is for Disney World, but it doesn't feel like they are putting a lot of effort in trying to improve the experience for their guests.

Sorry for complaining about this. But the drastic cuts they made to the entertainment as Epcot is insane. I can see phasing it out, but cuting most of it all at once is ridiculous and irresponsible for guests planning trips in the Fall. I would have loved to watch the World Showcase Players, Mo'Rockin', Off Kilter one more time, but they cancelled it with a ONE MONTH notice.

I really believe what separated Disney from Universal and other theme parks is the effort that provide in their entertainment and attention to detail. I feel like they are lacking that significantly from the past. I know people ask me all the time why I go to Disney World so often. They ask do I like roller coasters, am I am obsessed with Disney. I say no (which I am). But the real reason is the entertainment they provide and if they slowly take that away I no I will less likely desire to go to Disney World as often as I do.

The entertainment is being replaced. With the crazy season coming (food and wine into the holidays) they were all cut at a time there are many other things to be offered. There are already planned and announced replacements.

As you pointed out world showcase players were there for 3 portions of your life and 28 visits. Disney does extensive research on crowd pull and interviewers with guest before they pull an act. At least 10 years is a long time for a performing act to be at Disney. This is an out with the old in with the new situation.

This is the end of the fiscal year. That's why they are going out now. The one month notice is not that unusual for performers. Sometimes they get less notice.

Yes there will be replacements, so it is not correct to say that there will be NO entertainment. However. The replacement acts are all third party contracted acts. They will not be considered Disney employees. Disney won't be paying them benefits. So out with the old and in with the new is not all there is to it.

I understand the end of the fiscal year and no need for these expenses for the next fiscal year. I didn't realize that the Walt Disney Company was on a 9/30 year end. It make sense with most of the theme park busy season ending in August/September and summer blockbuster movie profits coming to an end.

I am just saying from a consumer perspective. If I knew that this was going to be their last go around, I would have committed myself to watching a few more of their shows when I went in May. I wish they would have made their announcement sooner. Just saying.

I know that they are bringing in new acts like lumberjacks, celctic band, and some flag performers (whatever that may entail). I just don't feel like these acts would be as good as what they had. Just my opinion. They may be cool to watch one time, maybe twice, but not a ton of times. For me personally, I enjoy music and comedy, I feel like a lot of people do too. I just don't see Lumberjacks being funny or rocking out to awesome Canadian music. I could be wrong and they may be super awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter