World Trade Center Flag On Display in Epcot

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
I just read on the Allears bulletin that the U.S. flag recovered drom the World Trade Center site, the one that has had stops at the White House and the winter olympics-among other places, is currently on display at the American Pavillion in Epcot, and will remain there until february 2003. Anyone visiting Epcot who might be interested in paying their respects or saying a prayer can do so during regular park hours.

Thank you for the heads up! I am suprised Disney got it though!

Why are you suprised?

We are going in February and would like to stop by and see it if it will be there.

I have read it will be there until February and that it will be there through (?the end of?) February does anybody know which one is correct?

Thanks.

...we'll REALLY have an "excuse" to visit the American pavilion!! Thanks a bunch:) !

I dont know, I just would not have thought Disney would have gotten it so quickly!

I'm not suprised they got it so quickly, the whole "go on with your lives, go to Disneyworld" speach by the president and all...

I am however suprised at how long it will be there.

We were there on July 7th and the Friendship boat captain mentioned it as we sped across the lagoon. It's on display in a very nice manner on the right side of the pavilion, along with a few simple pictures that tell the story of the recovery. We were very moved to see it.

I have always very much liked the American Adventure show. Just before it, we saw Shockwave (Blast 2) outside. All told, we spent 1 & 1/2 hours at the American Pavilion. Lots of fun and very inspirational.

Good show, Disney from one who hasn't been very happy with many of the things that you have done in the past couple of years. Having the flag there was a "bonus extra" similar to those things that I have loved about Disney throughout the years, but haven't seen much of lately. Epcot remains my favorite park.

i guess this answers my questions on where and what i should do on sept 11...thanks for the info...

Hmmm, If they closed the park a couple of days a week, as another rumor thread suggests they might be considering, they might catch some trouble for having the flag but not allowing anyone to view it on those days.

I will definitly make a point to see this in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter