Worst attraction/ride?

mom2AidanAndEli said:
The Jack Sparrow "thing" at DHS! What is that all about? We came out thinking, did we miss something? Was there more to it that we skipped by accident? I don't know if you call it a ride or an attraction or what, but it was just a time waster to us!

We thought the same thing!

I really really really don't understand the appeal of the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction. We love Disney and were just sitting there going, "What the ???" during the ride.

Clearly we were in the minority, but it was just cheesy and lame and so fake. I get over-the-top corny things, and how that can be silly and enjoyable, but the 20,000 LUS was just bleh.

Worst ride, huh? That's a tough one... Some rides that once were favorites now rank amongst the lowest with my family due to bad updates/revisions; this is true for the Journey Into Imagination (or who's ever imagination you're journeying into these days!) Bring back Dreamfinder!

The Autopia/Tommorowland race cars is not worth the ridiculous wait to ride. We gave it another chance this past trip in August, and it reconfirmed our desire to avoid in the future.

Over in Disney Hollywood Studios, the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is a bit long in the tooth these days. Although I'm a big Indy fan, this show has seen better days, and should make way for the Indiana Jones ride (like in Anaheim) or give it's space up to an extended Star Wars area.

Ironically, I love most of the "most hated" rides already mentioned. To me, it's just not a trip to WDW without paying those country bears a visit (although I would rather see them bring back the "Country Bear Vacation Hoedown" version), and Carousel of Progress is tired, but still a classic and one of the few original ties to Walt (perhaps they could flip it every once in awhile with the "Now is the Time" version?). And the Tiki Room? Well, since they finally realized what a mistake the "Under New Mgt." attempt was, it's nice to see it almost back to it's original form. Yeah, the shtick is corny by today's standards, but so are the jokes in the Jungle Cruise, the gags in Pirates, and lots of the other rides, which is what alot of us actually love about Disney!

Worst of all, though, is that dead pavillion between UoE and Mission Space over in Epcot. Yes, the old Wonders of Life. It's the worst because it just sits there, offering us nothing anymore. :worried:

On our last trip the only ride we thought was pretty bad was Journey Into Imagination. I hadn't been on it in many years. And, I understand it's not the original from what I've read. I just remember always liking that ride when I was little. But, this past time it was a joke. Not at all up to typical Disney standards. I like the kitchy attractions - I always enjoy Country Bears, COP, etc. But Journey was just bad.

I'll exclude the rides specifically for the little ones and stick to ones I actually do. Worst for Me:

MK: Stitch's Great Escape - It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but it is still the worst in the generally stellar MK.

EPCOT: Ellen's Energy Adventure - In sore need of some updating, but not unsalvagable.

DHS: Lights! Motors! Action! - It just is not exciting to me, and the seating and crush of people leaving after the show makes it unbearable.

AK: Primevil Whirl - Okay, I've never ridden this one at AK, but I have at the local fair. It's off the shelf. Maybe this is a kiddie coaster, but still they could do better.

Country Bear Jamboree: Obviously, it's supposed to be comically bad. But it wasn't funny. It was just awful. The jokes and music grated my ears and nerves. Eight minutes of my life taken from me. What is your least favorite attraction?

OMG I agree with you COMPLETELY! I think it was only funny from a 1971 point of view. I actually felt uncomfortable sitting through it... it came across to me as racist in a weird way... like anti-hillbilly or something. Just weird all around! The only reason DH & I went into it was because we were making our way through Frontierland and it started pouring with rain so we just dashed inside LOL.

I was really disappointed in the new Imagination ride. I miss the original one. I also missed the rides in the closed Wonders of Life pavilion. Body Wars and Cranium Command.

Everyone seems to hate Stitch's Great Escape. I actually enjoy it though, it's a ride we always ride at least once as kind of a 'cool down' ride while we are waiting on fast passes for Space Mountain or our legs are tired or something.

I think some people just don't like it but some reasons I have heard (and are reasons I don't like it)

1) It replaced Alien Encounter which was actually kinda cool and pretty scary
2) They wanted to keep the concept but make it less scary / more family friendly - but what happened is they made it less scary (so you lose the people that want scares), but still too scary for little kids and not funny enough / sort of gross - basically it is just in kinda no-where's land as far as target audience

All attractions are worth a try.
Agreed there are things I won't ride again unless I'm touring with a Disney newbie. But some of the rides I like the best are things people told me to avoid.

I have to see Big Al at the Country Bear Jamboree. If only he was a solo act. ;)

I can't stand Mission Space. It made me feel weird and I didn't get the excitement of pushing a few buttons.

I don't hate any rides, but Captain EO is awful imo. I'd rather do ten Stitches to not do Captain EO :sad2:

I wouldn't say I hated Stitch's Great Escape or Captain Eo but I could definitely skip them on our next trip.

OMG I agree with you COMPLETELY! I think it was only funny from a 1971 point of view. I actually felt uncomfortable sitting through it... it came across to me as racist in a weird way... like anti-hillbilly or something. Just weird all around! The only reason DH & I went into it was because we were making our way through Frontierland and it started pouring with rain so we just dashed inside LOL.

I don't think it's any more or less racist than Dumbo.

I also don't like to say I hate any attractions at WDW, but I do strongly dislike Stitch's Great Escape and also Mission Space. I got so sick the one time I rode this attraction that I had to lie on the bench outside for a good twenty minutes before I got my bearings back! :scared:

What is your least favorite attraction at DW? I have a few I don't love, but I just discovered one I hate. I just got back from ten days there and saw Country Bear Jamboree for the first time.

This is my least favorite too. My kids laugh at me because I dislike it so much. I told them if they ever want to go on it, they have to go without me. :p

Stitch is a close second. Just awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter