"Worst" dressed person I've EVER seen at a Signature restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Was last Saturday nite at California Grill. The fellow had on a pair of Military "camouflage" shorts, pool style flip flops, and a t-shirt with a beer bottle cap logo.
But NONE of that actually violated the "not permitted" items and he was able to walk right in w/o so much as a sidelong glance from the podium staff.

What? No backwards baseball hat?

Was last Saturday nite at California Grill. The fellow had on a pair of Military "camouflage" shorts, pool style flip flops, and a t-shirt with a beer bottle cap logo.
But NONE of that actually violated the "not permitted" items and he was able to walk right in w/o so much as a sidelong glance from the podium staff.

Well yeah. If he didn't violate any of the dress code rules, why would they say anything?:confused3

In my experience, the CG is not that very fancy anyway. There are usually more people dressed in what I consider park attire than in dress clothes.

Well yeah. If he didn't violate any of the dress code rules, why would they say anything?:confused3

In my experience, the CG is not that very fancy anyway. There are usually more people dressed in what I consider park attire than in dress clothes.

It wasn't that way in the past. All the signatures had a business casual dress code and it was a fine dining experience. The dress code and food quality went downhill with the advent of mass free dining.

Even if they made just some of the Signatures real strict on Dress code e.g. no Shorts... that would make me happy .... the problem for me isn't so much that I have an aversion to shorts, I just have an aversion to seeing way too much flesh when I'm tucking into my meal!

I saw somewhere that Jiko now has a sign outside with the dress code on, is that new?

It wasn't that way in the past. All the signatures had a business casual dress code and it was a fine dining experience. The dress code and food quality went downhill with the advent of mass free dining.

Can we not make this another blame-free-dining-for-all-that-is-wrong-at-WDW thread? It is not just at WDW, but all over that people are more casual with their dress than in the past. And as the OP states, the person he saw wasn't breaking any of the dress code rules. So it wasn't a lack of enforcement, it was that the person he saw was following the code as it is written.

Fantasia Sam--We also ate at Jiko and didn't notice any particular sign.
And at that point, what could they really say??

Maxiesmom: Our experience this last Saturday at CG was about 75% in the "suggested" attire and 25% in park clothes. I should add that I never really care a whole lot about what others are wearing--this fellow just stood out as especially "out of place" compared with everyone else at the restaurant.

We also ate at Jiko

Care to give a quick review on Jiko? It has been on and off our list this year (made and canceled a couple of ADRs for it) since having a not-so-great experience there last year (but great experiences before that). Right now it's off the list. We leave this week...

When we went to Narcoosee's I made my husband change from his shorts, t shirt, and crocs into khakis, a polo, and sandles. He thought I was being ridiculous and was rather irked with me on the bus ride over. Once we stepped into the Grand Floridian his eyes turned into saucers and he couldn't stop thanking me. Later in the week we went to the Yachtsman Steakhouse he saw them lending a jacket to a man in shorts and a tank top and thanked me again. It's so nice when the message actually gets through to them. ;)

Can we not make this another blame-free-dining-for-all-that-is-wrong-at-WDW thread? It is not just at WDW, but all over that people are more casual with their dress than in the past. And as the OP states, the person he saw wasn't breaking any of the dress code rules. So it wasn't a lack of enforcement, it was that the person he saw was following the code as it is written.

AMEN! I was thinking the exact same thing! The correlation between a man wearing camouflaged shorts to the dining plan is just plain humorous. For all we know, he could have been the richest man in the room, and we can't speculate whether he had the platinum dining plan or no plan at all.

My DH makes fun of me because I still (somewhat) dress up when we travel. Personally, I don't care if the girl that's next to me on the plane has on pajama pants/shorts/jogging suit, but you won't see me dressed like that. I feel that the same goes for most Disney restaurants, including some of the Signature restaurants. If someone is within dress code, I don't think I'd notice them.

Belle 5: This trip, my rankings would be (from best on down):
Citricos, Flying Fish (thanks to the "new" surf and turf"), Blue Zoo, Shulas ,Jiko, California Grill.

We sat at the bar at Jiko, I got a flatbread and MRs U the cheese course. She had wine, me several Tuskers . We both got the Shortribs. While it was all good, nothing to knock my socks off as at Citricos and Flying Fish. I really miss their lamb shank!!

It had been several years since we went, and now we'll skip it again the next couple of trips.
Hope that helped??

Bob NC: I almost missed seeing him, but the black T-shirt with the beer bottle cap gave him away---

I admit that I ate at YSH once VERY under dressed. We had on shorts and t-shirts and didn't even think about what we were wearing until we got there. I felt so out of place! It was one of the only times I was pleased that I was seated in an out of the way corner :rotfl:. Since then I have been much more aware of what I am wearing when we go to a signature restaurant. So maybe this was a learning experience for your "bottle cap guy" too.

disneydreamin247:

What makes you think I am "preoccupied" with how others dress??

Spotting something unusual at WDW restaurants (and I've been going since 1975) and commenting on it hardly fits that description:)

disneydreamin247:

What makes you think I am "preoccupied" with how others dress??

Spotting something unusual at WDW restaurants (and I've been going since 1975) and commenting on it hardly fits that description:)

What makes you assume that others would spot this person as well? When I go out I am more concerned with my company and my meal. I barely notice others in the restaurant.

You seem to be pretty peeved at how this person was dressed. Wouldn't that be a preoccupation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter