• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst movie ever?

One of the worst big studio films I've seen was Ecks Vs Sever, with Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu. Action? Adventure? It's about as fun as watching a turtle learn how to use Microsoft Excel.

Movies like Plan 9 From Outer Space or The Room are usually mentioned as "the worst", but those are enjoyable in the sense that you're watching an unintentionally funny trainwreck.

There are some bad movies that are just unwatchable, and typically they're modern direct-to-video horror films, like Dead Clowns to name just one. Friends, I've even seen budgets so low that there exists zombie films where the zombies have no makeup FX whatsoever. These movies make The Gingerdead Man starring Gary Busey look like dignified filmmaking.

My friend is always subjecting us to some really low budget B movies, many of them Italian. Some are enjoyable for being so bad, and some are just...bad. You seem like you appreciate that kind of stuff. I'd submit "Robot holocaust" or "White Fire" as some bottpm-of-the-barrel stuff! "White Fire" does have a great theme song though, so it gets some points.

His alien movie was promising if not for the ending. Aliens can travel through space but somehow water is deadly to them? And they invade a planet made up mostly of water?
C'mon, M Night Shamalamadingdong!

People always say that - the thing is, Signs is NOT a movie about aliens. The aliens are symbolic and secondary to what is really going on. I am a big M. Night fan and I feel that a lot of his movies are misunderstood.

Most boring movie ever made.

(But also side note, based on the "likes" for this post I quoted I have to ask: Skywalker 2, where are you? )

I disagree. Harrison Ford built a big machine that made ice. It doesn’t get any more thrilling than that.

People always say that - the thing is, Signs is NOT a movie about aliens. The aliens are symbolic and secondary to what is really going on. I am a big M. Night fan and I feel that a lot of his movies are misunderstood.
I've heard about some of the religious symbolism behind the film, but I don't think that gives him a pass. The symbolism argument doesn't support how the water-lapse-in-logic throws a wrench in the alien invasion narrative/premise. Why not substitute the water for something else in that moment, or skip it entirely?

I've heard about some of the religious symbolism behind the film, but I don't think that gives him a pass. The symbolism argument doesn't support how the water-lapse-in-logic throws a wrench in the alien invasion narrative/premise. Why not substitute the water for something else in that moment, or skip it entirely?

Well, look, maybe where the alines come from there is no water. Maybe they've never seen it and couldn't have known how their bodies would react to it. That, or they're just a metaphor. ;) You really have to get into the meta mindset for Shyamalan. I really like most of his movies!

Well, look, maybe where the alines come from there is no water. Maybe they've never seen it and couldn't have known how their bodies would react to it. That, or they're just a metaphor. ;) You really have to get into the meta mindset for Shyamalan. I really like most of his movies!
I liked The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I haven't seen Split or Glass yet.

I liked The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I haven't seen Split or Glass yet.

You can count me in the vast, vast minority, but my favroite is Lady in the Water. Nobody likes that incredibly beautiful movie.

Last edited:
Not counting any of the political or religious movies.

I nominate Cocktail. That makes beer commercials look Deep and Top Gun look Shakespearian.
Also Shanghai Surprise featuring Madonna and Sean Penn. Uggh. The week it opened my GF and I had the theater to ourselves. We soon discovered why we had the theater to ourselves.

His alien movie was promising if not for the ending. Aliens intelligent enough to travel through space, and they invade a planet made up mostly of water, which is somehow deadly to them?
C'mon, M Night Shamalamadingdong!
Let's face it. This is a problem with a lot of movies. For us to win, against aliens that have amassed that kind of technology, the aliens have to pretty much be too stupid to have amassed the technology. Stargate got around that problem with the aliens having a feudal power structure so they were fighting among themselves as much as us and they were parasitic operating off the intelligence of the host. That and we got the help of the Asgard.

It's even got Bea Arthur. Sarcasm aside, the best part is the animated segment with Boba Fett.

The little wookie's name is Lumpy...could this be the inspiration for your username? Perhaps you're more of a fan than you know!
If only! No, my then DS3 was really into the Heffalump movie when I signed up the the account on DIS. The baby Heffalump is Lumpy.

Dead Ringers (1988)
My mom picked this out to watch from Blockbusters (remember that...lol). I literally remember telling her, “What the h*ll are we watching?!”

more recent
This Is The End (2013)
Only movie I can recall actually walking out of the movie theater half way through...it was so bad!

Leaving Las Vegas. A movie about a man drinking himself to death in Sin City. I know Nic Cage won an academy award for his role but this movie stunk.
OMG I ended up watching this movie with my dad. It was the most uncomfortable afternoon. :scared: Worst for me was Glitter. Not only was the story and acting terrible, it had the most depressing ending! UGH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter