Worst Ride Experience..I lost it on Mission Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love thrill rides, but the most terrifying Disney ride anywhere is the swinging side of Mickey's Fun Wheel at CaliforniaAdventure!

My youngest has refused to ride it for a couple of years. We finally had her convinced this month and had her in line. We were about third in line when a man stepped out of a car covered in his own barf. Needless to say we took the chicken exit while the rest of the family got on.

Funny, that just belted the door of the man's car closed. Guess they were going to clean it later.
During our visit last year, guest "contributions" were evident all over the interior aspects of the ride's superstructure.

I had one very similar on Mission Space, that ride is off my list.

Last year we had a horrible experience on Splash Mountain. It had been my youngest son's favorite ride for years but we hadn't been to Disney for a couple years. Anyhow it was only open the first day of our trip so I happily scheduled the fast pass even though I dislike it. We got on the fricken ride and all five of my kids start freaking out, saying how much they hate the ride. And then it stops, for 10 minutes, right before the darn drop. Everyone is panicking saying "I hate this" and "why did you make us go on this" and I should note three of them were teens at the time and the two youngest were pre-teens. Anyhow finally we get moving and go down the drop and it was horrible, I hate drops. When we got to the bottom they all said in unison "we are never doing that again". The picture was seriously of sheer horror.
The same thing happened to me and my DD a couple years ago on splash mountain, my wife said you'll love it, it was a few years since I was on it and it was my DD first time she was 6, once the final drop started I felt a panic that i have never felt before and my poor DD was screaming holding on to me, I told my lovely DW I will NEVER do that again and my poor DD was in 100 % agreement. Now we just returned from another vacation at Disney and my DS who is 3 loved every ride he was big enough for, like Goofy's Barnstormer. Nothing could go fast enough, high enough, drop enough, or spin enough. So my wife finally has her thrill seeker. Hopefully he will grow a couple more inches for next August so he can enjoy a couple more rides.Don't get me wrong ,my DD and myself like mine train, soarin', test track...ect.. but something about Splash Mountain didn't agree with the 2 of us, oh yeah my DW did get a chuckle out of our misery, god I love her..lol:D

One and last time I was on mission space I was nauseous for two hours after. I had to sit down for quite a while. I wasn't scared just sick. Never again.

I'm good with most Disney rides and most motion simulators and roller coasters as long as they don't send me upside down too many times, but anything that involves even the gentlest of spinning, I cannot do. So cool, just skip those, right? So on our last trip to WDW, we were at AK and my husband and I decided to ride EE. And I suspected I might have a tiny issue with the backwards part, but we would just ride before lunch and I'd be fine. So we rode and it was fun. I felt somewhat peculiar after but chalked it up to being hungry and lightheaded. We ate lunch. We took the kids over to Dinosaur Midway and watched them ride Triceratop Spin and Primeval Whirl (whoever called that Primeval HURL earlier in this thread, thumbs up!), and I went to find a spot to sit down as I was feeling ever more peculiar. The sitting seemed to help and I thought I was feeling better. And then we decided to go ride Dinosaur! I'd ridden it before, more than once, on a prior trip, but I guess I had forgotten just how much it bounces up and down and jostles you around. So needless to say, I was just downright ill by the time it was over. I have never beelined for a restroom as quickly as I did that day. I spent a long time locked in a stall, throwing up, while concerned mom-types came and went, asking me if I was all right.

I'm still not sure which ride really should get the blame for this incident!

Soarin' on the top row. I'm fine on the bottom row, but the one time I got the top row, I was convinced I was going to fall right off. Yes, I know I can't, but that didn't help. I was terrified.

ETA: I don't have a problem with what's on the screen. It's the height that the seats are lifted to over the floor of the room. I see the floor drop and I'm gone. But it's not too bad in the bottom row, so I ride the bottom row and really get into the ride.

Last edited:
I'm one of those people! I can ride pretty much anything, but Soarin' put me in a near panic attack. I could hardly breathe, had to turn my head to the side and clench my eyes shut and I was holding on to the handle bars as tight as I could. When I got off the ride my legs were still shaking. I think it's because I have a terrible fear of heights and that ride just feels and looks so realistic. I kept feeling like I was going to fall out of my chair from thousands of feet in the air! I gladly sit that one out from now on!

I hear you! Except I wouldn't know how realistic the screen looked because my eyes were closed. I hate the feeling that I'm slipping out of my seat. :crazy2:

Star Tours...never, ever again. I rode it on our first trip and the kids were smaller. As soon as the doors opened, I ran and left DH with both kids and all the bags. I didn't even look back. I had to get to fresh air and daylight quick.:sick: Now...its all them and walk around by myself while they enjoy that awful ride! :laughing:

I have to close my eyes or look at the floor in star tours and then I am ok. All for the kiddos lol!

Definitely Mission Space. I like to describe it to others as someone standing on your chest and shaking your head back and forth as fast as they can. Nothing pleasant about it! Saves me a FP at least ;)

I used to be able to ride Mission Space over and over in my 20s.... I hit 30, and now that ride makes my stomach turn afterwards. No more missions for me!
Mission Space is my favorite ride in all of Disney World... and I have a year and a couple more months until 30. Does that mean I'm running out of time?! :rotfl2:

I don't think you are supposed to close your eyes (at least on Orange). I have never ridden Green because I don't want to waste my time

My daughter lost it Wednesday night on the Jungle Cruise. The boat in front of us had an injured person on it so all the other boats were waiting for paramedics to help the injured person. We're not sure if it was her dinner, the vibration of the boat or a combination. I would have never expected her to get sick on the Jungle Cruise when she rides the biggest coasters she can find with no issues. :)

Ok, this is embarrassing but here goes...last week we were in Epcot. DH and DS's love Mission Space. DD not so much. Her and I had not ridden it in years. This year she decided she wanted to give it another go. I remember not loving the experience (green) because tight spaces aren't my thing. While in line I kept hearing the warnings. DD now 11 was excited so I didn't give it too much thought. Until they shut the door on that tuna can :scared1::scared1:. What the heck was I thinking quickly enters my mind. DD is excitedly chirping away. 'Isn't this fun mom?' Oh yes I manage to eek out. Now my heart is racing and I can't catch my breath. That stupid air blowing in my face is not helping. :rotfl2:. I am in full blown panic attack, I can laugh now. I am on the end and gently rapping on the door. I am caught between not wanting to ruin DD's experience and not wanting an unsuspecting cast member to find my limp body at the end. When my knocks of terror went unnoticed I decided it best to clench my eyes shut, pray to the dear Lord for mercy and go to my happy place ( all the while answering my daughters million questions and hitting my button at the appropriate time). I'm proud to tell the tale- I lived through it and will never ride it again :rotfl: What was you're worst ride experience and why?

That has to be the best description of that torture device ever. That said, I've only been on the ride twice (orange I think...the extreme one) and just don't care for it. I can ride insane roller coasters and never have problems but I"m always a bit off when that ride is over. I won't bother with green as I feel that must be like a video game instead of a ride.

Mission Space is my favorite ride in all of Disney World... and I have a year and a couple more months until 30. Does that mean I'm running out of time?! :rotfl2:
Nah. I was able to ride an amusement park centrifuge type ride in my late 30s/early 40s. The Mad Hatter's Teacups didn't start affecting me until my late 40s.

So now, as much as I would like to ride the orange side, I'm planning on sticking to the green.

One and last time I was on mission space I was nauseous for two hours after. I had to sit down for quite a while. I wasn't scared just sick. Never again.

Yup, exact same for me. Had to lay down outside the ride (and have seen others do the same since) and then go back to the resort for rest of the day. Oldest son also got nauseous, although my youngest son loved the ride. I now cannot ride any simulator ride, including Star Tours, without feeling sick, and never had that problem before. Thanks Mission Space!!

I rope drop MK to get a jump on the crowds. While most people get caught up in the rush to 7DMT, I go the opposite way to Adventureland to get some no line rides for the first half hour or so. One morning, I quick walked to Pirates, raced through the corridors and stopped at the boat ramp. There was no one else behind me. Just me and the CM. I thought, "Great! I get the boat to myself! I don't have to share! How cool." I got into the boat and as the ride started, it began to sink in. There's no one else. Just me. Alone in this boat. No other people in the boats ahead of me or behind me. And I was completely alone throughout the whole ride. Creepy. Definitely not as cool as you would think. Just. Really creepy. I like Pirates. When you're on the ride and surrounded by other people, its a great, nostalgic, vintage ride. Those mannequins are quaint. But when you are all alone, those mannequins are more than a little scary. I suppose this was a very unique experience and I should be thankful for it. I had the ride to myself. But once was enough. I won't be doing that again.o_O

I once got a solo ride on COP once. I was the only person in the theater. It was interesting.

My sister and I got stuck on Star Tours for about 15 minutes. Which would have been fine except she is somewhat claustrophobic. I guess it was the hot enclosed space and the nervous laughter that really did her in and she had a full-blown panic attack.

Love Mission Space, LOVE ToT, love all of the extreme rides, but, I did Summit Plummet, didn't really scare me, the drop was lots of fun, but the landing... I slammed into the side of the channel and ended up with a really huge bruise on the outside of my thigh all the way up my hip, so, no more for me!

This is embarrassing. I completely lost it on ToT. I had watched the youtube videos, my kids begged me, and I thought "how bad can it be?" Omg. It was fine until the thing shoots up. I was shrieking and screaming like I was being murdered. It was so awful! And how is it there's only a flimsy seatbelt holding you in place? I swear I had air time. The photo is me shrieking, with my eyes clenched tight, holding on for dear life. My kids are looking at me with alarm. Everyone else is smiling and taking selfies. NEVER. AGAIN. Note to self: when your choice of answers to the question "how bad can it be?" is "not bad" and "really bad", go with the latter.

Some people actually ride it without the seat belt. I would like to try it, but it's not worth the risk of being thrown out of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter