Worst ride to get stuck on.

amzking

DIS Veteran
What would be the worst ride or ride/weather combo to get stuck on?

I got stuck on POTC once for about 20 minutes listening to Captain Jack drunkedly singing the song in his treasure room. I love that song but I was so ready to not hear it anymore!

I also saw EE get stuck at the top of the first lift hill this past May - the weather wasn't too bad but imagine if it had been a hot sunny August day, or if it had been pouring rain - and you were stuck there for a while...

Big Thunder also strikes me that it would be a heck of a long involved evacuation route, though I have never been evacuated from any ride.

Thoughts?

It's a Small World! :scared1: The animatronics already remind me of Chuckie!!!

I got stuck for 20 minutes at the base of the Splash Mountain hill (before the drop). Got to listen to those wonderful vultures talking over and over again!

We were stuck on Test Track in the garage right before the door swings open and you go really fast at the end. We were stuck in the garage for 30 min in the dark! We couldn't see anything and we didn't know when it was going to just swing the door open and we were going to go flying! It was terrible.

I got stuck for 20 minutes at the base of the Splash Mountain hill (before the drop). Got to listen to those wonderful vultures talking over and over again!

Oh, you just brought back some bad memories for me - the same thing happened to us too!

I was stuck on two rides during my last visit both times at Epcot. The first was on Test Track in the testing area for the extreme cold. After 10 minutes, I was an icicle. the second time was on the Maelstrom ride. The ride stopped right at a waterfall and I was splashed for the whole time we were stuck (about two minutes) while DD laughed her head off. I was pretty soaked by the end of the ride and the only one needing a towel!

We stopped during HM on 8/19. It was only about 3 or 4 minutes, but if that ride hadn't started again, my DS would have freaked. He was getting very nervous. We were in the attic w/all the wedding pictures.

In August 08 DD and I were evacuated from Primeval Whirl. Took about 20 minutes.

We got stuck on The Seas with Nemo and Friends during the part where Nemo swims with Crush and Squirt in the EAC (at least I think that's what it's called). Normally this wouldn't have bothered me but it's like you are in a tunnel and the projection just keeps moving but the clam mobile was not. My claustrophobia kicked in and I was a mess. I didn't want to alarm the kids so I held it together but was flipping out on the inside.

I had actually never had a problem with claustrophobia until about three years ago when I finally rode Mission Space (less intense version). They closed us in the vehicle and it didn't start for a couple of minutes...it was dark, hot, and I couldn't move. I was a wreck the entire ride. Ever since then I've had a slight problem with claustrophobia. :scared1:

We've been stuck on IASW (ANNOYING!), POTC, evacuated from BTMRR in the bat cave at the beginning (they turned the lights on and walked us off and gave us fastpasses to come back anytime) , and of course Spaceship Earth quite a few times.

I think the worst ride to get stuck on would be on the upside down part of a loop. Maybe rock'n roller?

But the one ride that we got stuck on once and was no fun with kids was the haunted mansion. We were in a dark spot where the things pop up at you and were there for hours (well more like 10 minutes but it seemed like hours with a 4 year old). lol.

We were on stuck on Splash Mountain outside after the drop by the small waterfall when a late summer downpour let loose. The waterfall was getting us wet but when it rained I swear the boat was filling up with water. It was ankle deep in the boat. I couldn't have been wetter if I fell in.:laundy:

We were stuck on Big Thunder with half the ride over a hill us hanging on the otherside. DD (4) thought it was funny, but it did make me wondering if we were going to go backwards or forwardward when the trip starts.

I would HATE to get stuck on test track in the heat or acid zone. Dinsousaur would not be fun right under the big dinosaur if you are on the ride with a small child.

when we broe down on POTC and had to take the back stage route we werent aloud to have our cameras out was all top secret :D it was fun worth the 15 mins of the three prisoners whistling to the dog for they key

Last year we got stuck on Snow White for like 20 minutes, right in the dwarf's kitchen listening to yodeling! We started yodeling along with them at first, but after 20 minutes we were not yodeling anymore! :headache:

They had to come walk us off the ride which was actually very cool. We got to stop and take pictures on the way out. and they gave us fast passes for anything we wanted.:thumbsup2

Getting stuck on rollercoasters does not bother me, I have been stuck on Oblivion in England (vertical drop coaster like Sheikra) at all the points you can get stuck (inc at the top of the vertical drop!!), plus many other coasters.

Now Its A Small World!! Nooooooooo. That song haunts me to this day and I haven't been on the ride for about 8 years!!

My 5 yr old daughter and I were stuck in the "future" (i.e. the 80's!) scene in Carosel of Progress back in June. The crowd busted out of the emergency exits after it started the scene again for a third time - it was mutiny! We were promptly admonished by CM's as it could have started moving again. It was worth the risk of injury:rotfl:

I've been stuck on the Haunted Mansion, right next to the poor shivering emaciated dog! That was depressing.

And on our last trip, my brother and I got stuck on Test Track. Right next to the big semi with the horn and lights! We sat there for about 10 minutes. Didn't take long to get sick of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter