• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst ride to get stuck on?

I've been fortunate and have never been stuck on a ride for more than a couple of minutes. It seems like we almost always stop on HM, though. It's one of my favorite rides, so I actually love it because I can take it all in.

DH and I got stuck in the dark on the People Mover for a moment or two on our honeymoon, but that was just fine ;)

We were stuck on Pirates for about an hour on our last trip. With a fidgety 15 month old, it was not very fun. We waited for a while and cast members put on the rubber pants, got in the water and pulled us back to a scene where there was an exit door. My boys still talk about that, and refuse to go on it again!! The water definitely complicates the evacuation process!

I've been stuck on Splash, IASW, HM and BTMRR. I think it is a tie between IASM & HM due to the song plying over and over and over again at both. Best was BTMRR as we were just feet from coming to the end of the ride (literally just before you go in to get out) so we waited to get let off where we got FP's for another ride!

Just read through this to make sure no one wrote Jungle Cruise. I feel relieved!

One time when I was working there, my boat just completely died on the river and we were stuck out there for around 10 minutes before we were "rescued". I was making terrible, terrible jokes and trying to fill the dead air, a young girl had to pee and was whining about it, and we were stuck at the part where the "natives attack", so we kept listening to the sound over and over. I felt like the guests were having the worst experience! That was probably also my least favorite time stuck on a ride, too! When we finally disembarked, I did get a round of applause, but I think the guests were just relieved to finally get off.

Our very first trip and very first ride we got stuck on Splash Mtn for a good 45 mins. They did stop the music after about 5 mins. To evacuate they had to grab and pull over our log so we could get close enough to side to exit. We got handed several fast passes on way :)

Worst ride was The Mummy - Universal Studios - we were stuck under the ceiling of fire (about 20 min) and although the flames were off you could hear a "hissing" sound. I had to act non chalantly since our children were next to us but I was very nervous. It does make you think " what if " it ignites. It got even worse when people on the ride stopped talking - that was the worst. :sad2:

My DH and DS got stuck on Mission Space for 30 minutes last summer. They were pretty miserable in that claustrophobic capsule.

Journey into imagination at the end of the ride when the room suddenly opens up. Figment and the director sang....IMAGINATION..IMAGINATION...over and over again for about 30 minutes with an occasional interruption reminding us to stay in out seat the ride will start up momentarily. After about 20 minutes, the kids were crying to get off the ride.

... My fear would be getting evacuated from anything high up - for example Everest on the incline to the top.

That was my son a few years ago! And yes, he was on the incline going up into the mountain. He has pictures of the narrow ledge he had to climb out on. In that car, they were all like laying back so it was difficult to climb out & disney's "policy" for that evacuation was that they couldn't help anyone. Then they had to walk up into the mountain & take stairs all the way down. There were so many people crying when they got off.

Thank goodness it was my son & not me on that ride! They would have had to get a crane to pry me out of that ride. I would have never climbed out.

Spaceship Earth......at the end descent, backwards with nothing to see except the little stars.
A maintenace person came and worked right next to us, so that helped some. About 20 minutes like that.

Everest was the best......kind of. 20 minutes at the top where the broken track is. Then taken down through the mountain. Highlight of DH's trip.

The rest have been short.....10 min. or less.
Only evacuated off Alice at DL and we were almost at the end. (and Everest)

Only been stuck once, this past June about 2:00p, on Kali River Rapids. We were next to go down the first hill (so we weren't even wet yet), and it just stopped. Raft was already leaning toward the hill but apparently the gates wouldn't open to drop us down, so water started rushing in the raft and tipping it more. CM on the hill starts freaking out and hits some "panic button" and the whole ride starts draining. So here we are stuck in the raft, in the blazing sun, for over an hour. They bring us water after about 30 minutes, and tell us we can't get out the same way they just came in, that we have to wait for the fire department.

Thankfully I had little battery operated fans and snacks in my backpack. We make friends with the 4 other people on the raft, share our goodies and have some laughs. Another 30 minutes later they bring a ladder and let us climb out and go the way they went (same way we weren't allowed 30 minutes ago..lol). Then we get a lecture about preserving the magic because we are about to walk in an area not seen by guests. We are led down a path with a broken sidewalk and get to see the back of the ride, then we get booted out a gate. As were standing around laughing about it a woman comes and tells us we need to go to a "debriefing". So about 90 minutes wasted of our day, we made some new friends and they gave us each 2 FP we could use on any ride.

IASW hands down. That song playing over and over and those dolls just staring at you...lol.

My family and I also got stuck on Test Track on the banked curve. This was back in 2000 and our daughter at the time was 10 years old........she got a little freaked out as we sat there at an angle for 20 minutes. She was relieved when we finally started up again.....then when we got back inside they let us go around for another ride.
We've also been stuck on Splash a couple of times - once where the water was flowing down, thankfully that was only for a few minutes - and another time we were stuck for about 30 minutes just before the paddlewheel boat.....the animatronic Brer' Rabbit kept moving, but without any audio.....this went on for about 10 minutes until the lights came on, then just waited there until everything started again. Also, got stuck once on Tower of Terror - they had to pull the vehicle back from the shaft and then we had to come down from it with a ladder......it all looked so strange inside there with the lights on.

I seem to ocassionally have some kind of issue with riding rides where my legs are restrained and I'm not able to move them,if I can kick them around a bit I'm fine but if I can't and I happen to be thinking about it then please get me in and out quickly,so it is a mental thing as sometimes I have no real problem and other times I have to think of pretty thoughts to keep me from freaking out.I can't really think of having this issue on any Disney ride but there are three rides at Universal and Sea World where this is a problem.The Mummy and the Gringotts ride at Universal which both use the same type of cars and the Manta coaster at Sea World where you ride in a flying motion and the harness literally restrains your legs,okay so now you know my crazy mental issue!!

I have the same exact issue only mine has to do with my chest/upper body. Like the over-the-shoulder harness on most inverted roller coasters - pre-ride is fine and I don't mind it during the ride, but after, if there's a delay in off-boarding and I'm pressed in the seat against that thing, I have to work really hard to keep myself from getting frantic. I even pull the harness down in such a manner so as to give myself some wiggle room, meaning, I don't pull it down full-tight but with a couple notches to spare - then I try to maintain it when they come around to check, and then really work hard to retain it against the G forces during the ride.

I have the same exact issue only mine has to do with my chest/upper body. Like the over-the-shoulder harness on most inverted roller coasters - pre-ride is fine and I don't mind it during the ride, but after, if there's a delay in off-boarding and I'm pressed in the seat against that thing, I have to work really hard to keep myself from getting frantic. I even pull the harness down in such a manner so as to give myself some wiggle room, meaning, I don't pull it down full-tight but with a couple notches to spare - then I try to maintain it when they come around to check, and then really work hard to retain it against the G forces during the ride.
Thats so funny as I'm perfectly comfy on rides like inverted coasters with over the shoulder restraints,the more I can kick around my feet the more comfortable I am,and on those your feet are totally free.But like I said I've ridden the Mummy possibly hundreds of times and more often than not I'm not thinking about it and I ride it with little issue while other times I have to close my eyes and put myself on a beach on an island or some happy place if the ride gets stuck,or doesn't load or start quickly as that's when I start thinking about it.

We were on Splash Mountain a few years back and it broke down. We were about 3 cars from the steep ramp before the drop. We sat therer for quite a while 15-20 minutes and then mechanics came out and tried to free the stuck log in front of ours. When that did not work they began the process of evacuation. Two of our party were in wheelchairs so it made the whole thing interesting. My mother was in a wheel chair more to keep track of her, she had dementia and would get away from us but at 90 years plus she looked like she needed lots of help. Our early 20's DD had just had surgery for major knee repair and could not put any weight on her leg.

The young CM was helping us all with an offer of a hand to stabilize our leap out of the log and to the side. He went to pull my mom and she leaped out of the log past him with no problem. Now my poor DD who looked spritely enough was yelling out for him to not pull her but with all the racket of the attraction he evidently did not hear her and just pulled hard. She ended up collapsing right on top of him. He was a bit surprised and embarrassed but fortunately she was ok.

We were lead inside the attraction and had to take many steps and had to do so slowly helping DD to hop while trying to keep track of my mom. Funny now but at the time it was not pleasant. We asked what would have happened if DD had not been able to hot and they said they have to call the fire department then.

Back stage was so not magical! LOL! We were offered FP's for the time we lost.

We did get stuck in Haunted Mansion right were they tip you on your back. The doom buggys did start back up and we did not have to evacuate. I would not have wanted to try to evacuate out of that position!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter