Worst ride to get stuck on?

Probably can't think of a worse place to get stuck than this:
1286626.jpg

No, it wasn't me but that's got to be as bad as it gets.

Personally, I've never been stuck or evacuated from a ride. Have had the pause happen - usually just chalked it up to loading or unloading folks with mobility issues. Of course now that I've said it, I'll get stuck on every single ride I go on in January.
Honestly - I think this would be the death of me!!!:stitch2:

I got stuck up at the very top of Mickey's Fun Wheel in Disneyland (the Ferris Wheel). We were up there for about 30 minutes when, thankfully, they got it going again. I had visions of the fire department having to get us down from there. Scary! We all got a fastpass.

Expedition Everest in 2007. The ride stopped right at the very top, near the entrance into the cave. We were stopped for about 15 minutes before we had to walk off o_O

Got stuck on K Safari. The rhinos kept bumping up against the truck. We sat for 45min. It was AWESOME.

Also have been stuck on Small World. That was a suicidal moment because they never stopped the track. My 2.5yo was perfectly happy. :crazy2:

We have been stuck on multiple rides and the two worst in Disney were: #2 Pirates of the Caribbean ---- Yo ho you ho a pirates life for me.....over and over and over again (we were probably stuck for 30 mins) and of course #1 Its A Small World over and over and over again!!!!

At Universal Studios we were stuck on ET in a very inopportune area. So after we "phoned home" (I called my mom and told her we were phoning home) we had to get off our bikes and walk down some pretty uneven terrain. We were almost in an area where it would have been pretty difficult to even get off the bikes!!!

Honestly - I think this would be the death of me!!!:stitch2:

I agree! Anything upside down would be awful if you were stuck for more than a few seconds.

After that, anything that is in total darkness would probably be next (unless it was something like the people mover where you could take a nap, lol!).

Small World.I have been stuck on that one a few times. I don't care much for it to begun with, but being stuck on it with all those dolls singing over and over and over is awful.

DH and I got stuck on Pirates once. before boarding he needed to use the restroom but decided to wait. That turned out to be a bad idea, and the boats were stuck for 45 min. I felt so bad for him.

The Nemo ride.... We were stuck at the end for 20 minutes heading "In our biiig blueeeee worldddddd" over, and over, and over again..... It is still stuck in our head and we still sing it as a joke 4 years later.

We got stuck briefly on It's a Small World. While I don't mind the ride, the thought of being stuck in there for any length of time almost sent me into hysterics.

We also stopped for a bit on an incline (I think it was on 7DMT). It was not a great place to get stuck as it was very uncomfortable. But thankfully it didn't last too long.

My significant other Dan, and I got stuck on the next to last room of It's A Small World during our visit last year. We were stuck for I think half an hour before the ride got slowly moving again. At first I thought it was the boat in front of us because a little girl had her hand over the side of the boat, and was touching the track as the boat inched its way along the track. Her parents obviously paid no attention to her. Her dad was sitting next to her. But, he was talking to a woman that looked like she was the mom the entire time. The music was still going, and the dolls were still dancing.

We did get stuck on Tower of Terror on our trip in 2014, and had to be evacuated. It was just right before the car went up to do the drop. We got pulled off into a maintenance room, and they asked if anyone used a wheelchair, and needed assistance. I was the only wheelchair user on the ride. So, they had four big burly men carry me off the ride, and down some stairs.

My mother and I got stuck on Space Mountain once. It was a long time ago, maybe 1999. We stopped early in the ride on an incline. The lights came on and we sat there for about 10 minutes listening to a message to not get out of the ride vehicle. We only freaked out a teeny bit because we thought we smelled smoke, and I had a leg injury and was using a wheelchair at the time so wasn't thrilled with the idea of maybe evacuating. After about 10 minutes we started moving and rode the rest of the way with the lights on and IIRC no soundtrack, which was pretty cool.

That was my son a few years ago! And yes, he was on the incline going up into the mountain. He has pictures of the narrow ledge he had to climb out on. In that car, they were all like laying back so it was difficult to climb out & disney's "policy" for that evacuation was that they couldn't help anyone. Then they had to walk up into the mountain & take stairs all the way down. There were so many people crying when they got off.

Thank goodness it was my son & not me on that ride! They would have had to get a crane to pry me out of that ride. I would have never climbed out.

Oh my god, that's awful!!

For some reason I forgot Spaceship Earth went backwards at the end, and I was freaking out. And then of course it got stuck.

About three years ago, dh & I were stuck on Splash Mtn. right around the curve after the drop - Right Where The Water Shoots Out - Oh my, was shooting right at me - no one else and I couldn't move away! I was some unhappy camper, had to leave park and change clothes and get my 'happy' back on!!
Was some ticked off - haven't been back on it since.
Can understand being stuck - cannot understand them not shutting down their 'geysers'!! :headache:

I've got two:

Once we got stuck on the Tower of Terror at the stroke of midnight during EMH. It was very odd and creepy. It wasn't so bad except they took about 20 minutes before they turned the light on and there was a family riding with their 6 year old son for the first time. He was terrified, the poor thing. We all took out our cell phones to light up the space as best we could but this was back in the day of flip phones still so there wasn't much light to give off.

The one that was the worst for me was at Universal on the Transformer ride. The ride came to a screeching halt, literally. We were then sitting and waiting for something to happen. What you don't realize on that ride is that you go up in the air VERY high! I swear we were about 50 feet in the air and just isolated. We could pull ourselves up a bit and look over the edge but it was terrifying. Then the worst part was when they came to get us out. All of the sudden, out of NOWHERE, an employee of Universal just popped up and screamed "Hey guys!" It scared the crap out of everyone because we were stories up in the air, where did this guy come from?! He thought it was quite funny. They finally got us out through this contraption that the guy was on and we got a backstage tour of the ride. Once we got out they gave us all "golden" passes that were good for any ride...except for Harry Potter rides...of course! We had so many of them that we couldn't use them up before we left and it was our last day. Did I mention this was myself, another adult, and 6 teenagers that we were chaperoning?! We still had about 3 passes each by the end of the night. On our way out, we found a mom that was alone with 4 boys. I asked if she was returning the next day and she said she was so I taught my teenagers a lesson in paying it forward and we gave all of our passes to the family. They were thrilled! In the end, being stuck and then terrified by the employee was well worth it. :)

Last fall we we're stuck on Small World for 50 minutes before we were evacuated. They would NOT turn off the music!!

A couple weeks ago we were evacuated off the People Mover. My daughter is afraid of heights. She came close to having a full blown panic attack walking along the rails.

The next day we were stuck on CoP. Watched the first scene three times and the second scene twice.

Attachments

• IMG_6558.JPG
    IMG_6558.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 27
At universal Hollywood on opening day for their Harry Potter area we got stuck on the hogwarts ride... right in front of the giant spiders. Wanted to die, but luckily only took about 7-8 minutes to restart

We were stuck on Spaceship Earth for a while before being evacuated. It wouldn't have been bad if we were in an interesting area of the ride, but we were just starting the desent--so our car had just turned partially backwards and the ride was constantly telling us, loudly in our ears, that we would be turning backwards!! That in addition to the overhead announcements about remaining seated--after about 2 minutes I was praying for evacuation just to preserve my sanity!! Now being stuck and evacuated from Space Mtn was cool--like PP's husband says--a backstage tour.

This was very similar to my situation. Going backwards downhill on Spaceship Earth in total darkness with the speaker right by our car. That 10 minutes seemed like an hour!

We got stuck a few times, but never in as bad a spot as some others on this thread. The most annoying one was HM, because the ride stopped 3 times while we were on it. First before we even loaded into the buggies, we stood there for 15 min as people piled into the funnel behind us. Then twice on the ride in random spots for about 10 min each. It wouldn't have been so bad but it was our last ride of the day and others were waiting on us to head out of the park, wondering where we were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter