Worst Things About Animal Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The train, I know it's the theming but it's awful. The heat during summer. Rivers of Light's unreliability

The worst thing to me is that the wonderful, exotic, specialty foods are gone from Tusker House, and now their food is just standard, generic, and boring compared with how it used to be.

Second worst thing is that Rivers of Light, although pretty, is not engaging enough, and just falls flat. I hope the new version will be better.

And I agree with all the comments that this park is the most hot and humid, and could use more shade.

Its one of the hottest parks and I swear I get lost finding my way around every single time there. You would think with all the trees it would at least be cooler.
Interesting because with all the trees we do think it's cooler
Epcot is asphalt hell

But it was the last park I mastered my way around. No clue why

I agree with many others on the layout and getting around the park. It does seem like you have to back-track a bit. But worse than that.... some of the walkways seem so narrow and difficult to get around other guests. I am referring to the walkway heading back to Everest and then trying to get around the Nemo theater and Rivers of Light. Also trying to walk through the Oasis to Discovery Island. You have to walk all the way up and around and it gets so congested going across the bridge and then trying to get through the crowds to get to the right pathway. I think they should make a pathway directly to DinoLand and one to Pandora.

We like AK a lot, some of our favorites things from WDW are there.

But since you asked, 2 least favorites come to mind

The dangerous bottle neck that occurs between EE and Nemo when ROL is exiting.
I’ve done MK on Christmas & NYE and days in many parks when they were restricting entrance because of crowds
Never have an ever feared for my safety, my children’s safety, and for those around us like I have in that space at AK.
It was insane. The poor CM was trying her best...literally saying “I know it’s crowed and feels like you can’t move, but if you shuffle your feet forward, you’ll get through this.” I certainly didn’t know her, but I swear she was praying while she said it....for the not even kidding 7 minutes we were stuck there close enough to hear that cast member’s voice. It was awful!

The other part is the way they have done the restraints and the click restrictions for FOP. My husband and I are both “Pooh sized” people. He also has the additional issues that hight adds to that ride...he’s 6’4” and has long legs. I can ride FOP, but it is the only Disney ride he can’t ride. He can get 2 clicks but not 3...even with an amazing CM who tried really hard to help. I really think they should look at redoing a seat or two...or allowing taller people who can get a click or two, to ride on the bottom level, thereby reducing any potential fall risk.

I like AK but it is my least favorite park. It is hot and the park is tough with babies and toddlers due to the lack of attractions geared towards them. 30 minute shows can be tough to get through. ROL is a bit underwhelming. It was a 1 and done for us. I'd like AK to have more dark rides and/or a nighttime parade. Dinoland is not great. When you've already spent around $100 a person to get in the park, you don't want to spend more on run of the mill carnival games that no one else is playing. I like AK, but for my family right now with multiple kids under 4, AK is a half day park for us.

Lack of non trill rides for small children or for people that don't enjoy trill rides.
Absolutely this. The list is: Triceratops Spin, Navi, and Safari. That's it if you want a ride. I dont really call Safari a "ride" either. They may have the best shows of any park, but for a small kid who enjoys any ride they are allowed on, it lacks in a really big way. It's almost unfair to the kid waiting in the stroller watching/hearing siblings have fun on rides. It's really hampered the families ability to enjoy the park because we try and balance it out best we can so everyone has fun. Our littlest one is left out for long periods of time.

Taking away the parade - it was my favorite parade
Literally came here to say this.

AK is my favorite park. I have no complaints (I'm from South Florida so the humidity isn't a concern for me :laughing:). I REALLY miss the Jammin' in the Jungle Parade. I listen to the soundtrack a bunch with my son.

Oh I forgot!
The lack of animals! You have the safari, the beautiful birds, and the trails, but I have yet to see a single animal in the other exhibits (behind the fences) around the park.

The heat! I don’t overheat. Florida in August doesn’t bother me, but that park makes me MELT!

Agree with others...the park is HUGE and difficult to navigate. After countless trips to WDW it’s the only park I still need a map to get around in. And the pathways do seem more crowded than the other parks, even on a slow day. I think they are narrower and, even though it’s a big park, there are less of them.

Like a lot have already mentioned it is hot and humid! I always sweat when I go in this park more than the others. Another thing I do not care for is Dinoland. I love the Dinosaur ride, but have no interest in Dinoland.
I also get lost in this park. It's confusing sometimes to know which way to go. I try to study the map, but after many trips I still get lost sometimes.
The only other thing I can think of is the Rivers of Light. It just does not grab my attention. It is a one and done for me.

Last edited:
Several things come to mind:
Taking away the parade. Loved it.
They need to get rid of the entire midway area in Dinoland, Its never fit in.
Not a fan of Rivers of Light. Probably better than no evening show, but not by much. Maybe the upcoming upgrade will improve.
Up, the bird show. Bad, just bad.

Except for Dinosaur the ride, dinoland is my least favorite part of the park.

That said, AK is my favorite park. I love the theming and all the details put into making the park feel authentic.
My favorites are the animal trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter