Worst Things About Hollywood Studios?

Hey everyone! For those who don't watch our shows or vlogs, I'm Craig - the producer of the DIS Unplugged! We are working on an episode about the worst things of Hollywood Studios, but want your input. We personally think that the shows and upkeep of the park are among the worst, but what else would you add to our list! Chime in and we'll add your feedback to our show.

The dining from the counters all the way up to signature just isn't up to par. Shows have a low repeat value. Nearly all of them need to be replaced. The park should be renamed to we didn't know where to put it so we're throwing it in here park. It's just completely disjointed.

Well-- based on today's news articles I would add in addition to the lack of good counter service options across the park in general- now options will be even more limited because you have to make ADR's for dinner at ABC Commissary.

More rides that aren’t thrill rides or Star Wars.

We are at Disney now and I think we were out of DHS by noon. And if we hadn’t stopped to eat, could have been out sooner. We rope dropped SDD and did stand by for TSM vs waiting for our fast pass. Then we ate at Woody’s Lunch Box (which we quite enjoyed).We has a FP for TOT but dd was the only one brave enough to consider it but then changed her mind. She did want to ride RnR but the FP wasn’t for another hour or so and there wasn’t anything else we wanted to do. She was going to do single rider but the CM was really nice and let her use the FP line right then.

I would say that the quick service dining is worse than the other parks, but I haven't been since 2016. I am never very excited to eat QS at studios, and always end up eating at one of the more casual TS places like Sci-fi or Prime Time.

Adults can watch the shows you’re leaving out:

Mermaid
Muppets
Beauty and the beast
Indiana Jones

Plenty to watch

I suppose this is true. Beauty and the Beast was closed when we were there... and I’ve seen the other shows SO many times that I’m just not super enthusiastic about them anymore. For a first time visitor, those are definitely good options, though.

I saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time this year. I liked it. Maybe if I'd seen it several times, though, my opinion would be different?

Beauty and the Beast isnt very good though. The rest you list are great. Oh and Fantasmic! Is seriously in need of help.
Well-- based on today's news articles I would add in addition to the lack of good counter service options across the park in general- now options will be even more limited because you have to make ADR's for dinner at ABC Commissary.
I haven’t read details. But why in Gods name would people want to do that?

In general, the traffic flow of the park is quite off-putting when it's busy. The bottleneck of navigating into Toy Story Land is pretty awful -- with no way through without turning around and coming back the way you came.

Also, as was previously mentioned (many times) :rolleyes1 ... the counter service options are meh. Bring back The Writer's Stop and Starring Rolls.

My vote for the worst things would be QS dining, rope drop, and shopping.

I actually think two of DHS's TS restaurants are among the best themed on property - Sci Fi Dine In and 50s Prime Time. But for a QS meal in the park, your choices are limited and they are awful. Nothing unique or particularly good that's worth trying.

The rope drop crowd is to the point now where it's dangerous. Hoards of people pushing their way walking a good distance at a brisk pace. And if you get there 60+ minutes early to be in the front and are squeezed to the middle of the pack while walking, which is possible, then your whole day will start out on the wrong foot. I miss the days where guests could just trickle and make their own way back to TSMM.

Lastly as far as shopping, each of the other 3 parks has a solid, large store somewhere near the entrance or a main walkway that you can kill time in or pick something up on the way out. IMO, in MK it would be the Emporium, Epcot would be Mouse Gears, and AK would be the Island Mercantile (I think that's what its called). DHS doesn't have a standout store like that for me.

The bottleneck of navigating into Toy Story Land is pretty awful -- with no way through without turning around and coming back the way you came.

Agree. Is this eventually going to connect through to the other side where the Incredibles is? Or connect to Galaxy's Edge?

Worst things?
1 - Too many "show" attractions where you end up not being able to do one thing because you have to rush over to catch the 0:00 show of (Indy, Frozen, Mermaid, etc.)

2 - too much congestion in certain areas (the Echo lake area going next to Star Tours), the Toy Story Land narrow pathways.

3 - Lack of seating at Woody's Lunchbox.

Those Storm Troopers walking around ....bossing everybody around :headache:. Something should be done about them, they are a menace :(.

I've gone to guest services several times over the years and they always tell me "there's nothing we can do." :snooty:

I haven’t read details. But why in Gods name would people want to do that?
My guess is that they are using reservations at ABC Commissary to "trick" unknowing guests to go there to eat.

If you can get a reservation for it, it's on your radar, it's on your schedule and you will eat there. My guess is that it is SO hidden .. and SO tucked away down a small alley that gets no foot traffic that very little people know it's there. Most of the other QS restaurants there are pretty easy to run across.

Basically they want to spread out the crowds for food (since there isn't many options in the park) and by having this show up as a "reservable" item it will also just advertise it more.

I know when I was making reservations for a future trip and that showed up I did a double take.

What they SHOULD have done is given Woody's Lunch Box a TON more seating and more space to actually order. Still don't understand how you make a brand new land and have a QS "snack" shack similar to a lot of the little ones (like Friar's Nook). In a land with 3 brand new rides and made for children, having about 10 sit-down tables and a few stand-up tables is pretty ridiculous.

The best observation yet! I would never do it for TSL. People are insane.

This. We were there a few weeks ago and bought the Early Access tickets for TSL. When the rope drop people came in as we were leaving, I was stunned. The Standby time for SDDC immediately jumped to over 90 minutes, and frankly I think it was probably longer because the line was back to the entrance of TSL. And like the poster below said, there is no real shade and the umbrellas they have out are not going to cut it in the summer time.

It will connect to SWGE.

This is very welcome news. When we were walking out through the massive throngs of people in Toy Story Land on our first/last time checking it out, the mister and I commented to each other, "Never again." :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter