worst you have eaten while traveling?

Downtown Disney, Disneyland CA. Naples Ristorante and Bar. I took one bite of my lasagna and thought it tasted oddly familiar and not at all in a good way. It was mushy, almost to the point of paste, and both bland and salty at the same time. I passed it around the table and everyone got a taste. It took a few minutes, but we were able to place it: the texture and taste was exactly that of Chef Boyardee.

FWIW, the only edible thing there was the pizza the youngest child got. The gnocchi was so waterlogged that it just fell apart.

It's worth noting that we have eaten in several different countries and different cuisines. I'll eat almost anything. Even when I wasn't sure what I was actually dining on it was still better than what we were served in Downtown Disney.

Nothing we ate when we visited Yellowstone and Jackson Hole was memorable. But nothing was terrible.

The meal we were eating at beach’s, Turks and Caicos when some employees started spraying insect killer from above us. All over us and all the food on the table. Some other diners just kept eating. Crazy.

When I complained about how dangerous it was to the front desk, they gave me a free Tshirt.

How would it be different from the food at the Exhibitition here?

I haven’t been to the Ex in ages so I don’t know if it offers the same food. Even if it does, *some* State Fair food still looks gross
Probably the same mid-way operation travels across Canada all summer. The Calgary Stampede takes great pride in announcing in advance what new deep-fried abomination marvel will be featured that year. MAJOR gag! :crazy2: My reflux is kicking up just thinking about it. I swear, by the end of the 10 days, you can smell that oily stench a mile away.

As to the original question of gross food while travelling, most of the more exotic places we've been have been by cruise ship so if the local cuisine didn't suit, we always had the option of more pedestrian fare back on board. And I've never been hungry enough in my entire life (blessed, that way!) to have to eat something that truly repelled me. As for airline food - we fly basic economy - there's no food involved. :laughing:

We were given a ”pizza” dinner when stranded in Barcelona overnight. Airlines have to feed you and put you in a hotel when it’s their fault your flight is cancelled. Guess the regs don’t say it has to be edible. I do remember there was an apple that was okay. The hotel was okay. Communication was horrible.

The worst food I can remember while traveling I didn't actually eat. We were going to order when the staff started carrying on about a cockroach that crawled on a hamburger. Uh we're outta here.

I realize now that’s one of the reasons I so rarely go to the UK. I hear things have changed a lot and hope for a different experience my next trip.
The food in the UK has definitely improved over time. It probably corresponded to Brits having more than just the BBC to watch (ala European Vacation.)

I've had some of the best food (cuisines) in my life on my last trip to London.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter