Worth Buying the Plus Dining Package?

Quaktastic

Loving Donald since 1975
Hello,

Were contimplateing putting a trip together for halloween 07. Anyone here fell it is/is not a good deal? Just by doing some quick math based on average meal price, it seems you come out a little ahead. Plus prepaying is always nice (more money for pins) But I'm a little confused how it works.

I saw the restaurant list, and it seems perfectly generous, on par with the dining expierience discount we used in 05. Yet, what do they let you order from? Only certain entrees? Or is everything fair game? :confused3

Please clear this up, would greatly appreciate.

Thanks

FYI - Just finished Kingdom Hearts II, it was great, King Mickey rules!!!! :banana:

The DDP is great! Just the price you pay per day per person for the plan is enough to cover your dinner for the night. Not to mention you get a CS and a snack! My family of 5 used the plan this past Dec. and loved it! All items on the menu (with the exception of a few places at DTD) are game for you to choose. It is also great to have your meal and tip already paid for when you get there!

This is a hotly debated issue, but short version: It sure worked for us. I think the length of your trip should play into your decision. If you're there for a long visit, you are sort of "trapped" on property to keep from wasting any credits.

Some people say it forces you to eat too much. Funny ... I never saw anyone being bound and having their mouths pried open.

Well, once with some green beans at 50's Prime Time Cafe, but there its OK. :teeth:

We are going in Dec, and decided not to do the dining plan as we are going with 2 four year olds and thought we would not do a sit down meal every day, but looking at the pics of the food on this site, am having second thoughts.

Just back! First time we used the dining plan. Family of 5. My husband really enjoyed the dining plan and says we will purchase it again next time. I, however, was so full the entire time, even after counter services. With the new changes in the snack options we were able to get muffins etc. for breakfast.

We shared a lot of meals because there was just so much food. My kids would wake up in the morning and say, "Mamma, you're not going to make us eat again, are you?" Really way to much food for us.

On our last day we had 11 snacks, 9 counter services and 2 table services left. We scrambled to use up as many as we could. We brought 7 boxes of donuts home.

There are only 3 of us, so I kind of doubted that the dining plan would come out any better, but boy was I wrong! Unless you normally eat PB & J, poptarts, and only spend $25 a day on food, this is definitely a good deal. We were able to try so many places that we never would have eaten if we had to pay for it out of pocket! Every day with just one meal we more than paid for the plan for the entire day! Here is an example (the tax and gratuity are rough estimates, as I did not have a calculator), and keep in mind that this is ONLY using 2 credits.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe-Downtown Disney Westside (Sample menu only using 2 credits)

Blue Lump Crab Cakes - sweet corn relish, roasted red pepper remoulade $14.95

Spinach and Five Cheese Dip - crispy Parmesan flatbread $10.95

Grilled Angus Filet Mignon - Potato puree, sautéed spinach, green peppercorn sauce with buttermilk onion straw $34.95

Zwivelrostbraten "Wolf's Steak" - Charbroiled 12 oz. ribeye, herb butter, french fries and crispy onion strings $27.95

Chocolate Fondue - assorted fruits and pastries for dipping $7.50

Creme Brulee Sampler - vanilla bean, dark chocolate, butterscotch $7.50

Total: $103.80
Tax: $ 11.00 (apx)
Tip: $ 16.00

$130.80

As for it being too much food, that is sometimes the case. We try to only use 2 TS credits at a times, but we order things that DD 12 likes as well and get an extra plate. It works out just perfect

oobidoo said:
Here is an example (the tax and gratuity are rough estimates, as I did not have a calculator), and keep in mind that this is ONLY using 2 credits.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe-Downtown Disney Westside (Sample menu only using 2 credits)
THANK you, oobidoo! I've been trying to find out (with little success) if everything here was included on the Dining Plan or if there was an additional charge for some items!

Your welcomed! I have logged countless hours trying to figure out how to please everyone, get a good deal on food, make sure we have enought, AND try to eat at new places. If you need any help just let me know, and I'll do my best to tell you what I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter