• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worth paying more $$ for Candy Cane Inn over Anaheim Hotel?

calablovedisney

DIS Veteran
First time DL visitor. On the east coast so our usual is WDW. This trip is less than 2 weeks out There aren't any more package deals, and I have been watching vlogs and reading reviews. DH wants to be as close as possible to the entrance. So, I have it narrowed down to Anaheim Hotel or Candy Cane Inn. We will need 2 rooms since we are bringing my 21 year old DD and her roommate. Anaheim will be less by about $ 500 before adding parking, but that doesn't change it much-closer to $400 difference. Candy Cane only has the most expensive room available at this point-299/night. I can't find a AAA rate or anything, but I was going to call to see if I can get a better rate.
My question is... Is it worth it to spend more $$ or just stick with Anaheim? Thanks!

First time DL visitor. On the east coast so our usual is WDW. This trip is less than 2 weeks out There aren't any more package deals, and I have been watching vlogs and reading reviews. DH wants to be as close as possible to the entrance. So, I have it narrowed down to Anaheim Hotel or Candy Cane Inn. We will need 2 rooms since we are bringing my 21 year old DD and her roommate. Anaheim will be less by about $ 500 before adding parking, but that doesn't change it much-closer to $400 difference. Candy Cane only has the most expensive room available at this point-299/night. I can't find a AAA rate or anything, but I was going to call to see if I can get a better rate.
My question is... Is it worth it to spend more $$ or just stick with Anaheim? Thanks!
The Anaheim Hotel is actually closer than Candy Cane Inn. The only reason you should pick Candy Cane is because they just refurbished the hotel so the rooms should be newer. But I haven’t been to see it in person. I say stick to the Anaheim and save your money!

I have only stayed at the Candy Cane Inn of your two choices, and it has been a number of years since I last did. Both places have their fans but for various reasons including the trip experience years and years ago of someone I knew who stayed there I have never wanted to stay at Anaheim Hotel. My thinking is that the Candy Cane is going to be more updated since it just went through a major remodel. I remember the continental breakfast there always being one of the best of the area, and I have read reports that it has slightly expanded. The walk is very easy, and there is a shuttle if you just can't drag yourself any further than the bus stop at the end of the day. A couple negatives I remember from previous visits are that the window covers annoyed me, there were some noise issues, and parking is tight (but free! unless that has changed recently). Try discount code DIS for Candy Cane. That should get you $10 off per night with a AAA membership. Of course, it's always a good idea to verify that my information is still current.

Technically, the closest would be the BW Park Place. But they'll be price competitive with Candy Cane. Like has been said, unless you really want new-ish rooms, go with the lower price and spend your money elsewhere.

No free breakfast at Anaheim Hotel

We just booked at The Anaheim Hotel for a last minute mother and daughter Disney trip in May 🥰.
It seems to be close to Disney and the price is right. I will provide a review after our stay. Interested in any reviews of anyone who has stayed recently…

We just booked at The Anaheim Hotel for a last minute mother and daughter Disney trip in May 🥰.
It seems to be close to Disney and the price is right. I will provide a review after our stay. Interested in any reviews of anyone who has stayed recently…
If we stay here it will be before your visit. I will ry to remember to come back here and leave my thoughts on wherever we stay.

Candy cane inn gets my vote.

Have not stayed at either but did have CCI booked for 2 trips. First covid took over the world and airline stopped flying. Second they weren't finished renovations yet.

I like that CCI had breakfast
Also has a shuttle so if coming back from the park with just my daughter and Myself we wouldn't need to walk.
The reviews have always been good.

We liked Candy Cane Inn, and the breakfast delivery included with the premium room is SO nice. The walk is 15 minutes or so (for us) but they also have a shuttle which came in handy.

If you want to try to get into one of the hotels across the street, like Best Western, just keep checking the website and maybe something will open up.

We liked Candy Cane Inn, and the breakfast delivery included with the premium room is SO nice. The walk is 15 minutes or so (for us) but they also have a shuttle which came in handy.

If you want to try to get into one of the hotels across the street, like Best Western, just keep checking the website and maybe something will open up.
Thank you for the advice. The Best Western does have rooms open, but unfortunately it is more $$ than Candy Cane and over my budget for sure at this point.

I would stay at CCI and for sure call for the AAA rate. I believe it should get you about $10 off a night. If you’re looking for closer, Park Vue is also nice. They do not have an included breakfast though. But they do have free parking.

We tried Anaheim Hotel once and did not have the best stay, so we have not been back.

Have a great trip!

I called CCI yesterday because I clicked on the AAA "book now" button but the price wasn't any different. When you go to put in your dates, click on the blue words "Promo Code" in small print at the bottom ... box pops up and enter the code DIS and this will give you a bit of a discounted price. I think it was about $10/night. We've only ever stayed BWPPI so this is a bit further but the kind person on the phone confirmed there is a free shuttle to/from the park. Looks like a recent refurb so we are going to give it a try in November. Breakfast included is a nice bonus !

I called CCI yesterday because I clicked on the AAA "book now" button but the price wasn't any different. When you go to put in your dates, click on the blue words "Promo Code" in small print at the bottom ... box pops up and enter the code DIS and this will give you a bit of a discounted price. I think it was about $10/night. We've only ever stayed BWPPI so this is a bit further but the kind person on the phone confirmed there is a free shuttle to/from the park. Looks like a recent refurb so we are going to give it a try in November. Breakfast included is a nice bonus !
I did try that and you are correct, a $10 discount. There is one room left for our dates, but at the highest price and we need 2 rooms anyway. So, I went with Anaheim Hotel. If we just needed the one room, I would have chosen Candy Cane. I watched a couple Youtube reviews and it really looks great, plus the breakfast and shuttle. Enjoy your November trip!

Do you recall what time they start breakfast delivery? I know the breakfast area is advertised as opening at 6:30. Wasn’t sure if they would have it at your room at that time or not. Thanks.

I know you already booked but:

I've never stayed at Candy Cane but I have at the Anaheim Hotel on several occasions. It is definitely older but I like it anyway.

One thing no one mentioned is that the Pizza Press is right there on site, which my teenage son happens to love, so that is super handy.

On two separate stays, however, I have had to have maintenance come out and install a latch on the door because they didn't have one. (I am talking about the type you can only lock from the inside... not sure what they are called). So check that first when you get there and if you rooms don't have it, call maintenance and have them install right away. Crazy, I know!

Do you recall what time they start breakfast delivery? I know the breakfast area is advertised as opening at 6:30. Wasn’t sure if they would have it at your room at that time or not. Thanks.
It was a few years ago so I don't remember exactly what time. I do know it was early, because we rope dropped. I want to say 6:30 but I'm not positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter