• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would a five year old enjoy the Hoop-dee-doo Review?

bethie

DIS Veteran
Do you think my five year old daughter would enjoy this? She is VERY outgoing and friendly. I am knocking the idea around. Thanks!

Beth

We took our 2 year old in May and she absolutely loved it! She loved the singing and dancing and even laughed at the jokes (because others were laughing) and thought it was funny. Members of the HDD made their way around Pioneer Hall and Claire talked to my daughter for a few minutes and she thought that was just great and she absolutely loved the washboards and spoons at the end. She also enjoyed the fried chicken and desert. :D

Yes!
We went last year with a 2.5, 5.5, 9, and 13 yo. They all loved it. They also loved it 2 years earlier.
As for the 5 yo, he can be very moody and he was in a mood that night. He did everything possible to control his laughter and he couldnt. Some of the best video I got from that night was him trying his best not to smile, yet it was impossible. The great thing about HDDR is that it really does appeal to all ages. If your DD is outgoing and friendly Im sure she will love it.

Our 5 year old will love it!
My 9, 6 and 2 year olds had an absolute blast at the show.
They probably didnt get most of the jokes but they laughed along anyway. The music is fun and the cast members are a hoot. We got a lot of interaction from the cast-the ditzy blonde really took a liking to our 6 year old.
They all liked the food and they even brought my little guy some mac and cheese, even though its not on the menu.
The end is a lot of fun for the kids when they get to make music with a wash board and spoon.

MANY years ago we took our three kids to Hoop De Doo, and our youngest who was about 3 or 4 at the time was picked for the show. He was great and I ahve NEVER laughed so hard in my whole life. We had not brought a camerta, but the cast members took a Polaroid of him during the show. It was great. He is not terribly outgoing, so I ma not sure why they picked him, but he was perfect! I am sure your 5 year old will love the show!

Without a doubt, she will love it. My DD's first time at HDD was when she was 11 months old and she loved it---she is now 19 and she still loves this show. HDD is for all ages, it is truely a Disney classic!!!!!!

Another vote for taking her ::yes::

We took our 3.5 yrs old there last June & he is still singing "Hoop-dee-do!!!! :crazy:

I am sure she will love it

Yes. The first time we went to the HDDR my DD was 5 years old, and it was one of the highlights of her trip. We have done it every trip since then. She is 11 years old now and said she definitely wanted to do it again next month.

Another BIG YES!!!

Our DD went in February at age 2 1/2 and thought it was great!! We are going again at the end of October! We have a picture of the three of us at HDDR from Feb. and DD will see it and sometimes break out into the show's signiture tune..."Hoop Dee Doo, Hoop Dee Doo..."

Ditto. I took 5 year old twins and they absolutely loved the show. They wanted to go again and we took them when they were 7. Now they're nine and they still remember the characters, jokes and the fun they had. I have a feeling we'll be returning yet again!

Took my 4 year old neice to this a few years ago and she loved it!

I've seen it a bunch of times and all the children in the audience seem to be having a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter