• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would anyone mind giving me your MUST see list?

chrissys74

Earning My Ears
We are ding the Magic kingdom 2 days
Epcot one day
AK one day.

Can you give me your must see list for each of these parks with kids ages 5 and 8? (both girls)

They could care less about characters or shows..They want to go on rides. LOL

Thanks so much!! I can't believe it's 3 weeks away. I am panicking! There is SO much to plan!

Epcot one day
AK one day.

Can you give me your must see list for each of these parks with kids ages 5 and 8? (both girls)

Thanks so much!! I can't believe it's 3 weeks away. I am panicking! There is SO much to plan!

I'll give it a try...

At Epcot, I would not miss The Seas. Do the Nemo ride and see Turtle Talk for sure! I would also not miss Soarin'. Also on that side of Future World is Journey Into Imagination. It's not as good as it used to be, but there is never a line & it is a ride. I haven't been on the new Test Track, but that's a not miss, also.

As for World Showcase, I love it all. There are boat rides in Mexico & Norway that are fun. The movies in China, France & Canada are good and I never miss the France one.

At AK, I would NOT miss Festival of the Lion King, even though it's a show, it's the best on property. They'll love it, especially if they like the movie. As for rides, I'd definately recommend the safari. The bird show is also good and is entertaining and engaging. If they're daredevils, I'd recommend Expedition Everest & Dinosaur. They'd probably like Primevil Whirl, too, although it makes me :sick:

Take time to walk the trails: Pangani & Maharajah. You might also ride the train out to Conservation Station.

The world is awesome for shows... Festival of the Lion king for sure.

beauty and the beast show in Studios.

y 5 year old LOVED the countries in Epcot. LOVED the innovention places.

The chinese acrobats in Epcot...along with the candy maker in japan.

3 weeks before your trip puts you in the parks at a very busy time

http://www.wdwent.com/ i used this site when looking to see what else to do besides rides.

Epcot one day
AK one day.

2 Days at MK will give you lots of time to get everything in, including the parades, which are awesome. We don't miss Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mtn., the Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mtn., etc. The only thing we don't ride is the tea cups. :crazy2: :sick:

Epcot--if your 5 yo is tall enough, definitely do SOARIN. You will need a fast pass unless you like to wait. Our girls (and boys) love Test Track, too. The Seas with Nemo and Friends is nice and calm. We have done the ride at Norway once but it isn't one that we go back to. We also love to ride The Land in the same building at Soarin--the one that takes you behind the scenes at how they grow food.

AK--The Safari ride, both walking trails with the animals (one in Africa and one in Asia), the Dinosaur ride is cool if they don't get scared. Also, the Dinoland rides are fun. last time we were there, the Medieval Whirl was down so we missed that. The parade at AK is so cool--our kids love it. Even though you said you don't like shows, both the Lion King and Nemo are fantastic. Kali River Rapids is great if it is hot, but if you have cool weather, I wouldn't chance it. haha! Both times we have been on this ride, we have gotten drenched! The train ride to Rafiki's Planet Watch (conservation station) is cool. Petting zoo and backstage type things to see.

I know I may not have all the ride names perfect, but I don't have them all memorized! ha! I hope you guys have a great time!!

I have a young daughter, so I'll base this on her favorites, top 5 for each park:

MK
1. Haunted Mansion (her #2 in all of WDW)
2. Splash Mountain
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
5. Evening parade & Wishes fireworks

EPCOT
1. Test Track
2. Soarin'
3. Living Seas w/ Nemo
4. Turtle Talk w/ Crush
4. getting stamps in her passport @ each country

Hollywood Studios
1. Rock-n-Roller Coaster (her #1 in all of WDW)
2. Fantasmic (a family fave)
3. Toy Story Midway Mania
4. Beauty & the Beast show
5. Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Animal Kingdom
1. Finding Nemo musical
2. Kilamanjaro Safari
3. walking trails
4. Expedition Everest
5. Its Tough to be a Bug

Again, those are from a young girl's perspective. She IS adventurous, but we go just about once a year and some have just stuck with her more than others for various reasons... before her first trip when she was old enough to take on the bigger thrills, we'd watch you tube videos together. She got to know what to expect (like, from Haunted Mansion & Splash Mountain for example) so she wasn't caught off guard. Even at 5 & 8 years old, if they are only used to local "fair" type rides, the attractions at Disney can be overwhelming... but VERY FUN and immersive if they know what to expect.

I will also say this... and I know many will disagree, but EPCOT is by far our DD's LEAST favorite park. She very much enjoys everything at Hollywood Studios, and that's our #2 fave park after MK. If it were me, I'd skip EPCOT and do HS instead. but that's just us.

Enjoy your trip!!!

I have a 5, 8 & 11 yo's - these are their favs

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Philharmagic
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
5. Wishes fireworks
6. Winnie the Pooh

EPCOT
1. Test Track
2. Soarin'
3. Living Seas w/ Nemo
4. Kidcot Stamps from the countries

Hollywood Studios
1. Rock-n-Roller Coaster - my kids are petite but only ONLY my 11yo is tall enough for this so check heights before making any promises
2. Voyage of the Little Mermaid (better than the MK ride)
3. Toy Story Midway Mania
4. Star Tours
5. Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom
1. Expedition Everest
2. walking trails
3. Dinosaur ride
4. dinosaur dig playground
5. Kali River Rapids

Sorry it's long but it is what it is. These are in the order they came to me rather than priority.

Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear
It’s a Small World
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Monster’s Inc. (DD9 loves to text jokes in)
Jungle Cruise (but only when it’s dark outside)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Carousel of Progress (It’s campy but we love it and we sing the song as an “inside joke” when we get home)
Enchanted Tales with Belle (this will be our first time for this)
Journey of the Little Mermaid (this will be our first time for this)

Epcot - Oddly enough this park has been a favorite with DD since she was about five
Ellen’s Energy Adventure (we love Ellen and “Stupid Judy”)
Journey into Imagination
Living with the Land
Mission Space post-ride game area – not part of the ride but we love it.
Soarin
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Visiting the countries around WS – DD does the passport and the kidcot stations

Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Muppetvision
Rock n’ Rollercoaster (DD was tall enough at 6 and started riding it then)
Star Tours
Backlot Tour (we try and get into the show)
Great Movie Ride
Magic of Disney Animation
Tower of Terror (DD rode for the first time at 4 and loves it)
Toy Story

Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
It’s Tough to be a Bug
Maharajah Jungle Trek (one of our favorite things in all of WDW)
Pangani Exploration Trail (same as above)
Flights of Wonder
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Magic Kingdom:
-Journey Under the Sea (LM ride
-Winnie the Pooh
-Peter Pan's Flight
-Barnstormer
-Jungle Cruise
-Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Animal Kingdom:
-Safari
-Festival of the Lion King; I know it's a show, but it is HANDS DOWN the greatest thing, jam packed with talent, singers, dancers, fire tricks, tumblers and more.

Epcot:
-The Seas
-Turtle Talk w/Crush
-Soarin
-Test Track

MK:
Peter Pan's Flight
Winnie the Pooh
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Carousel of Progress (one of my favorites...not a kids favorite)
Monsters Inc., Laugh Floor
Electric Light Parade

Epcot
Journey into Imagination
Maelstrom
The Living Seas / Turtle Talk
Soarin'
Gran Fiesta Tour (Mexico)

AK
Kilimanjaro Safari
Festival of the Lion King (reputably one of the best shows at WDW)
Flights of Wonder (bird show, funny)

I have an 8 yo son, who is mostly just in to rides (and not shows). These are attractions he enjoys at the three parks you're interested in:

Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mtn RR (a favorite)
Splash Mtn (a favorite)
Peter Pan's Flight (a favorite)
Space Mountain
People Mover
Buzz Lightyear
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Tomorrowland Speedway (although, like most adults, I don't particularly care for it)
For some reason, he's not real keen on Pirates of the Carribean (which I'd rate as one of the top 5 or 6 attractions at MK). Not sure why.

Epcot
Mission Space
Test Track (he likes the interactive aspect of the new Test Track a lot more than I do)
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Nemo
The Seas Tank & Exhibits
Turtle Talk (one of the few shows he likes)
Gran Fiesta
Maelstrom
Phineas & Ferb (he LOVES this)
Soarin' (although he's only lukewarm on it and is content to do it just once)

Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Expedition Everest (a favorite)
Kali River Rapids
It's Tough to be a Bug (probably his favorite show)
The Boneyard
He's not too keen for Dinosaur (it frightens him)

And even though you didn't mention Hollywood Studios, I'd say that Rock & Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania are also among his very favorites (with Rock & Roller Coaster being, perhaps, his overall favorite in all the parks). He's somewhat less enthusiastic about Tower of Terror and Star Tours and much less enthusiastic about the Great Movie Ride.

At MK all the rides are great for their ages as long as they are tall enough. We do not ride carousel of progress unless someone needs a nap and none of the kids like astro orbitor, to high for their liking. We enjoy meeting characters which takes a lot of tie so if your kids aren't into that you should get plenty of other things done.

AK is a love it or leave kind of park IMO. Seems the thing my grand kids like the best is playing in the bone yard. Any time we start planning our AK day they all ask for lots of time I the sand. We also love lion king and Nemo but try to do them during the heat of the day, since we are looking for shade anyway. Parade is great, around 3:00, they all love it.

Have a great tie. Relax and have fun. Find it is helpful to know up front that you can't get it all done so just pick what best suits your family's personalities.

Epcot one day
AK one day.

MK . . Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain. With two full days, I would likely do the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, People Mover, Carousel of Progress, and Ariels new ride.

Epcot, one day, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin, Journey Into your Imagination (yes, it is a must see for me) Spaceship earth, Turtle talk with crush (can take or leave the seas with Nemo) maybe Universe of Energy depending on time, then the three caballeros ride, and the Maelstrom.

AK . . that park doesn't like me lol. First off, the jungle trek, Expedition Everest if they are tall enough. For me, Festival of the Lion King is not to be missed, and flights of wonder was amazing. If they really don't want the shows, Dinosaur is popular, but loud and rough, and perhaps Kali River Rapids (don't know, we've never managed to do it)

Our 5 year old DD favorites ( in no order)
MK:
Pretty much every ride but space mountain, she's never been on yet.
She loves POC, HM, SM, everything on fantasyland of course!

AK:
She likes dinoland a lot & boneyard play area & the safari ride. That's about all she's done, never has been on EE

Epcot :
Nemo
Turtle talk with crush
Spaceship earth
Malestorm
& the Donald duck boat ride.

I must say I agree with a PP that for our family & daughter she likes HS better then Epcot.
She loves TSM, Little Mermaid, Disney Junior Live, Beauty & Beast show, Backlot Tour, Star Wars, Great Movie ride , Honey I Shrunk kids play area.

Have 2 girls age 8 and a boy age 6. EPCOT is their least favorite. HS has some great rides that you are going to miss, if you skip it. If you do EPCOT, I'd at least suggest skipping WS. The only "rides" are at Mexico and Norway and really aren't any more than boat rides.

HS has the best coaster in the park - RR. HOwever, it is likely only the 8 year old could ride since the height requirement is 48in. We also love ToT and TSM must be the most popular ride in WDW.

Also, is your DD5 44 inches? If she is less than 44 inches, she won't be able to ride EE and so I'd skip AK. We love the shows there, but if you don't want to see Lion King or Nemo, then it's not worth wasting a day in the parks to go on Kilimanjaro Safari.

Our kids love almost everything at MK - except CoP, HoP, Tiki Room, Swiss Family Tree House, CBJ. And they've never done Stitch's Great Escape.

If you are only there 4 days and you are trying to pack it all in, I would seriously consider dropping Epcot or AK for HS. Or maybe only doing Epcot future land (skipping the countries) and hopping to HS later in the day.

I just think Epcot and AK have a lot of walking and little rides for younger kids. HS is more compact and less tiring and has a lot of things appealing to elementary school girls.

I have 3 daughters 10,7 and 5. Epcot is their least favorite, too. They do not enjoy walking the countries at all. They get bored and cranky at Epcot. I would consider HS instead.

I have kids dd9 and ds10....They were both there at those ages.

Must sees per park:

MK
BTMRR
Space
Splash
Astro Orbiter
Tomorrowland Transit
Buzz
I know you said they don't want shows, but have they ever been to the WDW shows? They're in a different category, so I'm going to also list:
Philharmagic, Laugh Floor and Carousel of Progress

EPCOT
Test Track (several times)
Soarin (twice)
Mission Space (green or orange)
Figment (cheesy but traditional family favorite)
Spaceship Earth
Agent P's adventures in World Showcase
My kids also love Ellen's Universe of Energy - but that is mostly show

AK:
Expedition Everest (several times)
Safari
Primeaval Whirl
Dinosaur
(again, shows, but adding anyway)
Tough to be a Bug
Nemo the Musical

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter