Would I Be OK Without Fast Pass+?

myrtleturtle

Mouseketeer
We will be a party of 5; myself, DH, almost 3 year old twins and 16 year old niece. None of us ride roller coasters, my kids don't know who Anna & Elsa are, we have ADRs at Chef Mickey and 1900 PF for dinner. We are doing 2 days at MK, 1 day at Epcot and 1 at Animal Kingdom. If we do rope drop every day, will we be ok if I chose to forego FP+? We will be there October 17-22.

Will you be ok? Of course you will. Will you get to ride as much as you would if you utilized FP+, I'm going to say no. I think your week will be quite busy and I guess I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to at least book something? It's not like you HAVE to use them if you they are booked.

It's better to have it.

At epcot is always long for Soarin.

In Animal Kingdom always long for Khali river Rapids (bring rain poncho)

At Magic Kingdom always long for Peter Pan.

no one really needs FP+ but its still nice to have it even if not for the most popular attractions.

sometimes even the not as popular attractions have a stupid long line like jungle cruise so it is still beneficial to have.

if you don't feel like having FP+ though then just go without it.

Maybe just book one set for each park day, so you know that you are going to get on your favorite attraction? In AK I'd book the safari, at MK maybe Peter Pan and Pirates, and at Epcot I'd book Soarin'. If you are rope dropping, I'd book the FP for maybe from 12-3; crowds will be heavier by early afternoon.

Is there a reason why you don't want to book FP+? I don't really like the system, or preplanning, but I know there are some things I am going to have to stand in very long lines for, if I don't have a FP+.

Use the fast passes , you are goimg to save time and have the chance to see and do more.

If book anything you want to do that's still available at this point. You'll still find plenty of things at MK but some items are going to be long shots at this point. Keep in mind pretty much anything with FP+ options is going to have a longer standby lines so you'll appreciate having them for things like Jungle Cruise as weird as that sounds.

I would - why wouldn't you at least guarantee yourselves 3 rides with minimal/no wait? It is really easy to do, just pick your day, pick your park and then pick 3 attractions. You can even choose them for later in the day and then ride the others at rope drop leaving you the ability to ride (or even re-ride) in the afternoon when it gets more crowded.

I went in to book them yesterday and today. I booked some for Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but when I put them into my Touring Plan, only 1 of the 6 was used, because the plan said using the FP+ would result in a longer wait time than if I just followed the plan. I know things are different now then when we last went to the parks in 2013, but I've never had a problem waiting when following a plan.

I went in to book them yesterday and today. I booked some for Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but when I put them into my Touring Plan, only 1 of the 6 was used, because the plan said using the FP+ would result in a longer wait time than if I just followed the plan. I know things are different now then when we last went to the parks in 2013, but I've never had a problem waiting when following a plan.

i don't use touring plans but i have seen a number of posts on here and other forums that say it wants people to back track across parks and not use FP when people want to so i wouldn't hold much weight in their advice.
personally i'd just do what feels right.

Book a few rides. It takes 5 minutes to do fast passes and your kiddos can ride Peter Pan without a long wait. It will be three rides each day you won't have to wait for. But no you don't "need" fast passes but they are nice to have.

One option might be to look at what rides the touring plan is suggesting a longer wait for, and see if you can get a FP for it at the time you will be there anyway. I have found TP predicted waits to be way off before, so I would be careful trusting it enough to forgo FP entirely. (Several times the wait has been twice what it predicted at that time) And make sure it isn't having you trek back and forth across the park. I usually have to edit the plan it gives me because the amount of walking would eat up any time we save.

i don't use touring plans but i have seen a number of posts on here and other forums that say it wants people to back track across parks and not use FP when people want to so i wouldn't hold much weight in their advice.
personally i'd just do what feels right.
I'm a Touring Plans superfan..try adjusting the settings when making touring plans to "minimize walking" if you find cross-crossing the park is an issue--this might also fix the issue of "no fast passes are suggested" for your plan.
Sometimes the same thing happens to me but you can go back in and still place the desired FPP where you want--regardless if it says you don't need any FPP.
I go to WDW 2 times a year for 2 weeks at a time..I go during the busiest to the slowest times of year. I follow a touring plan to the exact letter and never have waited more than 20 mins at most (10-15 on average) for anything--including level 10 days. It's lots of planning but so worth it once you get there.
As far as should you use FPP, 100% yes you should.
Have a great trip

Book them. You don't have to use them if you decide it is not for you. The almost 3 year olds may love Peter Pan (it was DD's favorite at that age). Without FP+ the waits are typically 45 minutes or an hour- sometimes more. Pooh is another one for that age. Pooh often has a 30 to 45 minute line a good part of the day

I book them. To me they are a little insurance plan that I like to have on hand. There are times I don't bother to use one or another, but that is how I tour, and so if something better comes up, so I see that when I am walking by an attraction the SB line is short, I do it. I never look at a FP as an ADR that I have to use or I am penalized for having.

I think that you have nothing to lose by putting them in place for your family. The SB lines seem to be longer for attractions that never seemed had wait times before.

Thanks all for your input. I was able to move everything around in my touring plan and I think I get it now. I still think it's silly to need a fast pass for Pooh at 9:30, but I have it anyway.

PS- Couldn't get Peter Pan for either of our Magic Kingdom days. Guess we will head there first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter