Would inquiring for a "Japanese" room be ok..?

AquaDame

DCL
I've seen on the Aulani site that there are amenities for Japanese guests... neither my husband nor I are Japanese but I LOVE the deep soaking tubs when we travel to Japan. I also drink a lot of tea, and having an electric tea kettle, tea and associated condiments would also be a great perk for me (I do not drink coffee). Neither of these are going to take away from my trip in any way but I do wonder if asking is alright..? Has anyone done so? Were you able to put in the request ahead of time or did you ask at check in? Am I completely misunderstanding and ALL hotel rooms have deep tubs and kettles?

https://www.disneyaulani.com/faq/amenities-japanese-faq/

You can request a kettle from housekeepingit’s no problem at all. There was at least one bag of green tea in our studio, but it wasn’t very good and I’d suggest bringing your own.

The tubs the website refers to aren’t furo, but they are a little deeper than your standard subdivision/tract home tub and definitely deeper than the DVC studio tubs.

The good news is that if you like Japanese hotel beds, you’ll love the Aulani beds.

I must like the beds as well... I've always slept well on them! OK, one notable exception was a ryokan that only had sobakawa pillows... I did find that too hard for my tastes and ended up sleeping on my travel pillow for the week. If the tub isn't a true ofuro and I can get a kettle then it really is NBD, and I should probably leave it for actual Japanese guests (assuming of course the border opens by October).

Thank you very much! (especially for your opinion on their tea... I'll bring my little assortment).

I don't see why you couldn't request one of those rooms, the worst that can happen is they can't give you one. I believe they provide rice cookers in these rooms as well, but it could also be requested.

At the Grand Hyatt and Kauai, all rooms had Japanese-style toilet with built-in automatic bidet for wash and dry. There was a remote to control the features.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter